April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Larazelle

Does anyone want to go in with me on ordering Careprost from ADC - I don't want to pay $25 for shipping - I'm in the Boston area -

Larazelle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I've actually been using Careprost for 23 weeks today. I finally decided to do this review. It's not going to be crazy long like some of the others. I used this everynight for the full 16 weeks and I remember missing 1 or 2 nights ever. After the 16th week I started using it only 3-4 nights a week. I would use 1 drop per eye every time. I'm on my 3rd bottle and I really didn't think I saw much of a difference and I think I have short non curly lashes, but when I apply mascara WHOA, they really have gotten longer and fuller. My lashes actually hit my glasses when I have on makeup. I didn't have crazy or uneven growth either. I didn't get any darkening on my lid or under my eyes and I have accidently gotten it into my eye and had no burning. I did notice very thin hair growth on my lower lash line super high on my cheek bones. Weird. I also notice my eyelids close to my lashline sometimes look red and irritated. Another thing I notice is that my eyes would be extremely itchy at times and I'd say at least once a month I would feel like I'm getting a sty on one side or the other and it was somewhat tender but nothing ever came up and the pain would subside within a day or 2. I don't mean severe pain just a little tender, but I still put on makeup and it didn't bother. All in all, I would definitely buy this again and I'll continue to use this. I originally bought 4 bottles and received 4 brushes with my order as well. Next time I will do a group order rather than go thru alldaychemist (not affiliated) because they have an unsecure site so I ended up cancelling my card just because I was so nervous about them stealing my information and charging me for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by PhillyMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does anyone have a bottle they would like to swap/sell?!? I am SO nervous about CC samming ;(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I'm about a month into using this, but so far I am thrilled with the results. I noticed improvement within about 2 weeks! I also like the great eyeliner brush that comes with it if you order through ADC.
I researched this extensively before using it because I am extremely paranoid about undereye darkening. For me, super-long lashes would not be worth having big dark circles around my eyes. As I was researching this product, I read that several dermatologists were recommending morning use (rather than following the package directions to use at bedtime) in order to avoid this potential side-effect, since you likely smear the product around your eyes during sleep.
This is how I do it: I apply my moisturizer/foundation, powder & blush and then eyeshadow. NEXT I apply the Careprost, using one drop for both eyes. While it dries, I fix my hair or do something else for a few minutes. After that I curl my lashes & apply mascara. So far I have had absolutely NO skin darkening. I also never experienced any degree of eye redness or irritation. I really think that morning use keeps the product from migrating. I will update after 4 months & note any change.
UPDATE 2/6/11: The results are nothing short of astonishing! I'm now into my second bottle (the first lasted for 4 months!) My lashes are definitely much longer and darker. I no longer need to wear mascara. When I do wear mascara my lashes are so amazingly long and lush that they don't look real. In the 8th week I considered stopping it because of some really wonky lashes, the growth was uneven with some really long lashes, some normal, some curling in odd directions, etc., but the growth has now evened out and I'm glad I stuck with it. I don't have a huge problem with eyelid darkening, but I do have a discolored line right along my upper lash line. It isn't that bad and doesn't discourage me from using the product. The area around my eyes seems slightly darker to me in general, but that may not be due to the Careprost. I've also considered that my eye area seems darker because my lashes are so dark and full.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by greenrw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

does anyone know where i can buy this safely to ship to canada??

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by chloeishere

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really pleased with the results I got from careprost! You can see them in the images associated with the reviews, I'm the bloodshot blue eyes who has brows that need plucking.

My eyelashes were always okay-thick, but had white-blond tips and weren't so long to make up for the fact that they were about half blond. They curled a little naturally, but not enough and the curl wouldn't stay if I curled them without mascara. I wear RGP contact lenses (you can see them in the "After", sorry), and mascaras of all brands irritate my eyes badly.

I looked into eyelash dye, but it's difficult to find in the US and I was concerned about all the warnings. Latisse was too costly for me to even consider, but careprost was inexpensive, and I had heard good things, so I decided to give it a try.

I got two bottles through a group order with jennifer1911, placed at ADC (Alldaychemist). After about 3 months of use, I'm still on my first bottle. I apply by brushing it onto the base of my upper eyelashes, with a thin, inexpensive eyeliner brush that I got in a travel set at Target. There is a hollow on the top of the careprost cap that I put a drop in, so as to prevent contamination of the sterile bottle of solution.

I did have a few very, very mild side effects the first few days I applied this-- once a very mild headache that went away within five minutes, and a few times my eyes felt a little funny for a few minutes. I no longer notice any side effects-- my upper eye lids might be slightly more pigmented right by the lash line, but I wouldn't swear to it. I never had a "big lash shed" like other people have mentioned.

Careprost almost immediately made my individual eye lashes feel thicker-- I could feel a difference in the fineness (I have fine hair, and my eyelashes were no exception) at the base. I think this is partially why the lashes are now more pigmented, because the lash is thicker.
My eyelashes are much longer, and darker as well-- and much, MUCH more curled.

I look like I used to look when I was wearing mascara (though my lashes still look dark blonde in direct sunlight, that's not a negative for me)-- all the time! I am totally "make-up-optional" now, without feeling at all self conscious or like I'm not looking my best. These were the results that I was dreaming of!

I'm going to continue applying every night at least for another month to see if my lashes will get any longer or thicker, and then I'll probably switch to an every-other-night application.

Now, a public service announcement-- I can't resist as a graduate student in pharmacology. DON'T BE DUMB WITH YOUR HEALTH. If you think you are allergic to something, STOP USING IT (and that goes for supplements, and food, too). You will not get positive results from a drug you are allergic to-- in the case of careprost, an allergy means that you are more likely to lose a lot of lashes, and why would you choose to subject your eyes to something you are allergic to? Are red, itchy, irritated eyes attractive? Not to anyone that I know.

I always read the full disclosure included with any prescription medicine before I start using it, so I knew the possible side effects going in (but I also accepted that they were unlikely-- however, I was prepared going in to keep a close eye on things in case of deleterious side effects, so I could discontinue use).

That said, I love careprost and the results and experience I've had with it, and would recommend it to anyone who is willing to be an educated consumer.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Evypr1

I'been using careprost a couple of days, of course I can't make a proper review too soon, but no side effects so far, I bought it from buypharma, very pleased with the transaction, shipping was super fast and prices very reasonable, I'll update as soon as I see results... or don't

update 11/26/2011 well after using it for about 12 weeks my first bottle is finished, but as the majority here said, this stuff REALLY WORKS, no side effects for me, and my eyelashes are noticeable longer. I started noticing the results after about 8 weeks. I still have to use mascara since they are not thicker just longer, I can feel them at the bottom of my eyebrow when i look up. Also I love that they are not that long and they don't look weird. I'm currently expecting my 2nd shipping, I ordered two bottles this time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by gina2328

Well, this product works pretty good for me.

I see some others on here with extremely long eyelashes and mine are longer that they were previously, but not very long. I wish they were longer. When I put on my mascara then they do look long, but without mascara they look about average length.

If I did not use this product however, my lashes would be quite stubby and short, so I do need this, so I will keep repurchasing.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started this about two months ago and am halfway through my second bottle. My lashes were not sparse to begin with but they weren't lengthy or anything spectacular. I wanted a pick-me-up so I chose to try this. At about $30 per bottle this isn't cheap, but it is do-able. I apply it nightly, most nights when I can remember to. Within 3 weeks I saw an amazing difference - stronger, thicker, darker, longer lashes. Now at 6 weeks my lashes are so long I don't need mascara and women stop me and ask me what mascara I have on when I don't have any on. Sometimes when I put mascara on I feel like I look too "over-the-top" and have to remove it. I am going to stop and do the weekly maintenance on shortly.

I do wear contacts and if I get this product in my eye is DOES irritate them. I have sensitive eyes though and that is obviously my own error. But in all reality this has made such a huge difference in the way I look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Varuca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll save you the novel--this stuff WORKS. The ingredients are identical to Latisse, even if the measurements may not be 100% identical in the inactive ingredients. The only thing that really matters is that the active ingredient is the same measurement, and the product really grows lashes and brows wonderfully, and darkens them, too.

I get mine from AllDayChemist, the notorious credit card fraud site. I paid with e-check after my mom did w/o any problems, and I had no problems, either. Mom was one of the many whose CC was used fraudulently, so I was shocked she tried the Indian pharmacy again, but whatever--no fraud now, and the product is exactly what I want. Look at my photo album for the before/after pics, and look at my Latisse review if you want to read the long version of why I love this product. Yeah yeah, it's long. I'm very detailed when I write reviews, but at least you have access to as much info as I can give you.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No