October 24, 2014 | 1649 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by koalaluff

I had really high expectations for this concealer and its reputation for having great coverage. I needed something with good coverage, so I got this.

I applied some on my scars. Barely looked like I applied anything, except for some cheap makeup that caked up. I tried layering it just to see if I got more coverage. Nope.

Others have said the formula is too dry to be an undereye concealer, but I tried it anyway and it was great! I'd repurchase only to use it as an undereye concealer.

As some have said, the applicator IS rough.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by TheGirlySideOfMe

I'm gonna be honest here.

Let's talk about PACKAGING first. Okay, everyones gotta admit that the packaging sucked. It looked cheap. If Maybeline is gonna compete with other companies. They might as well start with their packaging for this one. It looked about...worth $2.

Second, let's talk about HOW LONG IT LASTED. Well, unfortunately, it didn't stay quite long. It lasted about a couple hours.

Third, QUALITY. It wasn't bad, yet it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. It sort of dried up my skin a bit, and I didn't like that. The product itself (Liquid part) was alright, but a bit cakey. The brush that was came and was used for that product wasn't very nice as well. It was a bid hard on the skin and I don't think that's very flattering to soft skin. It felt like rubbing a scrub to my face. Or maybe like as if my face was being scrubbed against the carpet. Compared to Maybeline's other concealer brushes, the other brushes were soft and nice to apply to my skin.

My skin is a bit dry, but has a hint of oiliness as well. Giving it a combination. Though it was sort of cakey, this would alright for those with super light skin. This didn't go well for me since I'm tan. I got the second to the darkest color, since I know that concealers tend to light up a bit, but even almost at the darkest color, it was still too light!

I gave the overall rating a 2 because it wasn't really good. The price was a bit of a rip off, which I think I got for about $7? I have no idea. I don't remember. Maybe $5.

However, the packaging sucked, the product: Cakey, didn't last 24 hours, and brush: sucked.

Sorry to say this, Maybeline.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've spoke elsewhere here of transfer resistant products taking on the texture they are applied over. Transfer resistant foundation will make a dry flaky skin look more so. Acne ,marked, pitted skin will look more so. Great, young skin looks beautiful. Older, dry, lined skin, not so much. Non-transfer resistant foundations will refine a larger variety of skin flaws. Bad skin looks good. Descent skin looks great. Beautiful, perfect skin looks astonishingly glorious. Well I guess you get the idea (the point I'm trying to make.) THIS is a transfer resistant concealer , hence the name: Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer, but it does not have the tell tale signs of transfer resistant. This concealer is smooth. If you've dry under eyes I'd recommend using a richer than usual eye cream under it, but that's okay as once it sets it stays put all day. It's good at covering flaws such as redness around nose, pimples, etc. It's at it's best hiding under eye darkness if you've the proper color. This stuff "rocks" and even works well as an eyeshadow base (over the entire eyelid right on up to the brow.) It doesn't crease very easily and shadows/hi-lites/liner looks more true to it's original color. I love it. Sets a new standard in transfer resistant and affordability!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'd seen a youtube guru who used this concealer almost faithfully and got good results. I'm pretty fair skinned and have always had dark under-eye circles (blame low blood pressure all my life!). So this concealer seemed to fill the bill - "cheap and cheerful", convenient packaging - perfect for tossing into my gym bag to use after working out and showering or at home...

Well, it's not very good, I'm sorry to have to say. I think I have the "medium" of the 3 shades. It looks chalky and pasty, and doesn't do a great job of covering my dark circles. It's difficult to build up coverage - it just gets chalkier and seems to settle into lines under my eyes. Wear isn't very good either - it seems to sort of melt and go a bit "scaly" as the day wears on - almost as if the product was sort of breaking down. It is cheap but it's still not a product I'd recommend to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by LetMeGossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in 3 Medium Beige which is totally not my color!
I like the packaging it's really handy. I found the color too orange and i think that is a big problem with drugstore foundation/concealers, they are to orange for me.
It's easy to blend but it really dried out my skin! I have slightly oily skin around my nose and my skin there felt so dry after i use it around my nose. It's looks so cakey even though you apply a little.
This is definitely not my fav. concealer!
I will not recommend this for dry skin at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by xodreamergirlxo

I brought this in the lightest color from walmart, it's a good prices but the concealer is HORRIBLE. I tried it when I got home later and it's an unnatural color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Works really well .. even in extreme Georgia humidity! I recently had skin cancer surgery and have a scar line on my nose and this works great to conceal the redness. It does last all day even with 90% humidity here in Atlanta. One thing that I was so impressed with that the Ivory shade is actually Ivory and not yellow or peach. Too many makeup lines leave us porcelain girls out of their shade range and this is perfect for me. I have the hardest time finding light enough concealers.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by DColleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wish I had checked the reviews on the product before purchasing. I actually like the consistency and coverage of this concealer. Although I have oily skin it seems to really last in coverage whereas a lot of other products slick right off. I think a little goes a long way with this and the brush used for application tends to over do it. But the big issue with this concealer for me is that it has caused my entire face (anywhere I've applied it) to break out horribly. I unfortunately won't be able to use this anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by momonro

I have been using this concealer for about 2 weeks now. I have the color medium light (for reference im nc 35- nc 40 in summer). This is concealer is medium to full coverage and is very opaque. Ive been looking for a full coverage drugstore concealer and I think Ive found my HG! Ive used Hard Candys Glamoflauge concealer and that was full coverage but very drying under the eyes. I also loved Maybeline age Rewind which I have been using but the coverage is definetly more sheer than this one. I still use the Maybeline Age Rewind neutralizer shade underneath to counter act the darkness first then apply Superstay 24 hr on top patting it with my finger and it sets which is nice so I dont have to worry about creasing. So Far A+

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this as an under eye concealer and eye shadow base. The Cream shade works for me ( MAC NC 20) & covers dark circles very well and stays put. If you are a little dry try moisturizer underneath, let dry then apply. I usually prefer to use this in summer or when I know I will have a long busy day. It can be a little cakey just watch how you apply. I would not recommend if you have a lot of deep wrinkles under your eyes though, but it has great coverage for a drugstore product. My only complaint is I cannot seem to use it all over my face, as I am breakout prone around the chin/jawline.