Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 6/17/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acneprone skin with large pores. Generally I HATE mineral makeup - I've tried BE, Jane Iredale and EM. They all accentuated my pores, and did nothing for oil control or acne coverage. To my surprise, I'm liking this Pur mineral foundation. It has SOME oil control, doesn't accentuate my pores too much, covers my red spots, and stays on for most of the day. It also looks more natural than other mineral makeups. I have light yellow-toned skin, but I am able to make blush medium work for me. It may be a tad on the pink side, but it looks very natural, like I've been in the sun. Because I am oily, I must use a light dusting of translucent powder on top of this.

on 6/16/2011 9:40:00 PM

This is a wonderful mineral powder. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin or cause my skin to break out (which is really great.) I will say that it does take a minute for the mineral powder to blend in with your skin, but once it does it looks fabulous. This is definitely one of the best foundations I have ever tried.

on 6/16/2011 9:14:00 PM

Like so many of us who frequent this lovely place, I am a product junkie. I love exploring new products, so it's rare for me to actually re-purchase something. Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation is the exception to that (apparent) rule of mine. I'm on my third compact, with another brand new one stashed for when I run out. (Oh yes, ladies, it's that good.)

My skin is relatively clear with the exception of red patches around my nose and on my chin; my T-zone tends toward the dry side. I also have inherited dark circles that are difficult to disguise. This product takes care of all of those things; it really does a great job of evening out the skin tone without leaving a cakey, powder-looking residue.

I use concealer first (under my eyes and a little on my nose and chin), then I dab this on with a cloth puff. (It comes with a round sponge applicator that I didn't find ergonomic at all. It was hard for me to blend the product evenly with it.) I do follow this with a loose powder (Neutrogena's mineral based formula), but that's more for the rest of my face and to provide a smooth canvas for my blush.

Even though I use this in conjunction with other products, it really is the magic ingredient (so to speak) when it comes to evening out my naturally blotchy skin tone.

on 6/14/2011 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have never had much luck with "swirl, tap, buff". It always made my skin look very bad texture-wise, was shiny (like a menopausal sweat) and that's never good. Right now what is working fantastically for me is Stila's new swirled $44 foundation, along with Maybelline's Age Eraser (the one with the quirky spongey thing) and I like them both, I do have to say I adore the Stila swirl. It's summer here at the coast, and the Stila is perfection. Sometimes, I just want a powder foundation for slap on and go. Pur is wonderful. I apply a 30 SPF sunscreen by Aveeno, then either PF or Fusion Beauty's primer, then stroke this gently on my skin, buffing slightly. I can't believe how creamy it is, and it doesn't accentuate pores or my aging skin. I am shocked, and love it for those fast-break days. I use concealer under my eyes only. It also lasts during those long, hot sweaty days. This is a definite keeper for the summer months. I am using golden medium, NW20-25, and I know that sounds freaky but it works-beautifully with no "line" between my face and slightly reddish neck. Another note on the Stila..If you are over the age of 40, slightly oily, slightly dry and would like a finish that is glassy, lightweight, no sparkles and beautiful, I would suggest you try. It won't cover much, but it will definitely make the most of what you have.

on 6/5/2011 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am often searching for a great pressed powder foundation for quick application. I've used Origins, Estee Lauder Double Wear, (both are great quality) and now PUR. I came across PUR minerals after my friend told me about it. Using a Sephora professionals brush (which I think is the key to a great finish) I layered on the foundation powder and it gave me the desired effect, amount of coverage and made me look polished and awake. I didn't need any separate concealer at all and it lasted the whole day. It didn't leave a shiny appearance like BE did, and it didn't "sit" on top of my skin. Instead, my friend told me she couldn't even tell I was wearing any makeup after we stepped outside in the direct sun. Golden Medium is a great match for my olive, tan skin. If you are searching for a new powder foundation to give a try this summer, try PUR..I was amazed and I'm adding this to my makeup bag.

on 5/28/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using Pur Minerals for about 9 years!!! My mom got me hooked on it. This is the best mineral foundation I have ever used!! It is a foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one. You can either wear it alone or over foundation. I prefer to wear it over my Mac Select Cover Up. It goes on like silk, covers like a dream and never looks cakey. It also controls oil pretty good. They have a great color selection, I wear the light. I always get compliments on my skin when I wear this. I have oily, acne prone skin and this has never broken me out. Definately a product that I could not live without it!!!!!!!!

on 5/24/2011 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I rotate on and off between PurMinerals and BareMinerals mineral makeup brands; I prefer PurMinerals "on the go" because of the compact format (the loose powder of BareMinerals is somewhat cumbersome if you need to re-apply on the go). I also enjoy the included sponge and mirror (on the underside of the compact), for those "on the go" occasions. I use the Dior powder foundation brush to apply PurMinerals (the brush that comes in the kit is garbage) and it goes on very smoothly and evenly. I find a compact lasts me for around 2-3 months, and the colours/tones match my skin tone very well. The product is lightweight, provides excellent coverage, and is comparably priced to BareMinerals. I'll be repurchasing another compact now that we are getting into the summer months and I will be slightly darker in complexion.

on 5/21/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive, combination-to-oily, acne prone skin. So finding a foundation that either doesn't irritate my skin or cause my skin to become broken out is often a very big task for me. I have tried many mineral and non mineral foundations over the years. Creams and liquids provide the most coverage. However, they most always break me out. Which is why, I normally shy away from using liquids or cream foundations on my face anymore.

Most mineral foundations do come in loose form. This can be on the messy side to use. Which is why, I was drawn to seeing how a pressed mineral foundation would work for me instead.

I own both the original 4-in-1 foundation and the new 4-in-1 version (in Golden Medium) as well. Pur Minerals recommends that their chisel brush be used for applying the foundations with. However, their chisel brush sheds every time I use it. And, it is scratchy as well.

On days that I feel like tolerating using their chisel brush (which is so few and far between), I do so. On most other days, I will use a makeup sponge to apply to apply it instead or my blender brush that I purchased from CVS. As, I find such application methods to work better for me.

Neither the original or the newer 4-in-1 pressed powder foundation are good at providing all day oil control. Before noon, I get oil breakthru. with this powder (whether I wear a finishing powder over it or not). And, as a result, I do have to re-powder my face.

The original 4-in-1 pressed foundation doesn't have any skincare actives in it. Also, its packaging is different from the new 4-in-1 foundation as well. Pur's orginal 4-in-1 pressed powder foundation comes in a silver metal compact w/a clear plastic see thru top. In the top part of the compact, the actual powder foundation is housed there. in the bottom part, you will find a sponge that included. And, the sponge is located on top of the mirror is included within the bottom half as well.

After you have used the product for a while, the actual powder does start to crumble up miserably. This has happened to me over and over again. I don't know why this keeps hapening with each compact. And, because of such, I am unable to use up all of the powder that comes within the compact. I have never had this to happen with any other powder foundation except Pur Minerals' ones. That to me is a waste of some of my $$$!

I own the shade Golden Medium in both the original and the newest version that Pur Mineras recently released. The original version is a bit lighter in shade. While the Golden Medium shade in the newer version is a bit darker instead. Also, the original version doesn't have any smell to it. While, the newer version does have a slight smell to it that I did notice upon opening up the compact and a bit upon applicationas well. However, the smell does doesn't become noticeable anymore after you've applied it to your face.

The new 4-in-1 pressed foundation comes in silver-metallic compact with little round grey dots all over the top. It has a bit more weight to it than the original packaging. However, it does not come with a sponge. With it, you have the option of using their recommended chisel brush, another brush of choice, or simply using sponges instead to apply it with. And, within this foundation, there are such skincare actives included within it such as Retinol, Thiotic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, L-Ascorbic Acid, etc.

I have not experienced any irritation with the new version. Also, I am not sure if the added skincare benefits are doing a whole lot for my skin. I do currently use Retin-A which is both for anti-acne and anti-aging purposes. Therefore, I cannot say whether the new formulation is heads over heels better for my skin than the original version.

And, the original 4-in-1 retails for $26. While, the new version retails for $27 instead. Also, unless you are 100% sure of what your color is in this foundation, I would certainly recommend getting color-matched first at a place where product exchanges or returns are accepted.

Originally, I did go on auto-delivery for the original version. But, I later decided to stop such. My main reason for stopping auto-delivery is because I don't think that this powder is truly worth its pricetag. Also,when the weather becomes hot out, this foundation starts to break down and get oily on my face way too fast. And, for me to get total coverage, I always had to use a concealer underneath the foundation for such.

on 5/15/2011 10:37:00 AM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. i have a very uneven skintone and am prone to breakouts. so having flawless looking skin was always my dream. bare minerals gave me no where near the coverage i wanted even when i put a ton on. so i went for a liquid (make up forever) and that was the worst mistake i could have made i got huge red under the skin pimples. my esthetician recommended pur. i have been searching for the perfect foundation and i have found it! this was the first time in YEARS that i have had comments about my skin looking nice! i only have to re apply one during the day. the only problem is i run out quickly! only because i use it so often! buy this product and you will never go back!

on 5/11/2011 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had some disappointing experiences with various expensive mineral foundations so I was quite convinced that I would never buy a mineral powder foundation again. I'm so glad I made an exception to the rule for this one!

It's a pressed mineral foundation so not messy at all. The application is very quick and easy. The result is natural and it doesn't look cakey on me but I have to admit that I do use a primer and a bit of concealer underneath it. I like the fact that this foundation is oil free. My skin does get a bit oily after a couple of hours of wear but since I have a very oily skin type there's probably no foundation in the world that can prevent that from happening. Another pro is that it's not as harmful for the skin as many other foundations. I will definitely repurchase. I think I have finally found a mineral foundation that works for me!