November 26, 2014 | 1335 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lauraP333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am often searching for a great pressed powder foundation for quick application. I've used Origins, Estee Lauder Double Wear, (both are great quality) and now PUR. I came across PUR minerals after my friend told me about it. Using a Sephora professionals brush (which I think is the key to a great finish) I layered on the foundation powder and it gave me the desired effect, amount of coverage and made me look polished and awake. I didn't need any separate concealer at all and it lasted the whole day. It didn't leave a shiny appearance like BE did, and it didn't "sit" on top of my skin. Instead, my friend told me she couldn't even tell I was wearing any makeup after we stepped outside in the direct sun. Golden Medium is a great match for my olive, tan skin. If you are searching for a new powder foundation to give a try this summer, try PUR..I was amazed and I'm adding this to my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by pastel26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using Pur Minerals for about 9 years!!! My mom got me hooked on it. This is the best mineral foundation I have ever used!! It is a foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one. You can either wear it alone or over foundation. I prefer to wear it over my Mac Select Cover Up. It goes on like silk, covers like a dream and never looks cakey. It also controls oil pretty good. They have a great color selection, I wear the light. I always get compliments on my skin when I wear this. I have oily, acne prone skin and this has never broken me out. Definately a product that I could not live without it!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by maebytonight

I rotate on and off between PurMinerals and BareMinerals mineral makeup brands; I prefer PurMinerals "on the go" because of the compact format (the loose powder of BareMinerals is somewhat cumbersome if you need to re-apply on the go). I also enjoy the included sponge and mirror (on the underside of the compact), for those "on the go" occasions. I use the Dior powder foundation brush to apply PurMinerals (the brush that comes in the kit is garbage) and it goes on very smoothly and evenly. I find a compact lasts me for around 2-3 months, and the colours/tones match my skin tone very well. The product is lightweight, provides excellent coverage, and is comparably priced to BareMinerals. I'll be repurchasing another compact now that we are getting into the summer months and I will be slightly darker in complexion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I have sensitive, combination-to-oily, acne prone skin. So finding a foundation that either doesn't irritate my skin or cause my skin to become broken out is often a very big task for me. I have tried many mineral and non mineral foundations over the years. Creams and liquids provide the most coverage. However, they most always break me out. Which is why, I normally shy away from using liquids or cream foundations on my face anymore.

Most mineral foundations do come in loose form. This can be on the messy side to use. Which is why, I was drawn to seeing how a pressed mineral foundation would work for me instead.

I own both the original 4-in-1 foundation and the new 4-in-1 version (in Golden Medium) as well. Pur Minerals recommends that their chisel brush be used for applying the foundations with. However, their chisel brush sheds every time I use it. And, it is scratchy as well.

On days that I feel like tolerating using their chisel brush (which is so few and far between), I do so. On most other days, I will use a makeup sponge to apply to apply it instead or my blender brush that I purchased from CVS. As, I find such application methods to work better for me.

Neither the original or the newer 4-in-1 pressed powder foundation are good at providing all day oil control. Before noon, I get oil breakthru. with this powder (whether I wear a finishing powder over it or not). And, as a result, I do have to re-powder my face.

The original 4-in-1 pressed foundation doesn't have any skincare actives in it. Also, its packaging is different from the new 4-in-1 foundation as well. Pur's orginal 4-in-1 pressed powder foundation comes in a silver metal compact w/a clear plastic see thru top. In the top part of the compact, the actual powder foundation is housed there. in the bottom part, you will find a sponge that included. And, the sponge is located on top of the mirror is included within the bottom half as well.

After you have used the product for a while, the actual powder does start to crumble up miserably. This has happened to me over and over again. I don't know why this keeps hapening with each compact. And, because of such, I am unable to use up all of the powder that comes within the compact. I have never had this to happen with any other powder foundation except Pur Minerals' ones. That to me is a waste of some of my $$$!

I own the shade Golden Medium in both the original and the newest version that Pur Mineras recently released. The original version is a bit lighter in shade. While the Golden Medium shade in the newer version is a bit darker instead. Also, the original version doesn't have any smell to it. While, the newer version does have a slight smell to it that I did notice upon opening up the compact and a bit upon applicationas well. However, the smell does doesn't become noticeable anymore after you've applied it to your face.

The new 4-in-1 pressed foundation comes in silver-metallic compact with little round grey dots all over the top. It has a bit more weight to it than the original packaging. However, it does not come with a sponge. With it, you have the option of using their recommended chisel brush, another brush of choice, or simply using sponges instead to apply it with. And, within this foundation, there are such skincare actives included within it such as Retinol, Thiotic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, L-Ascorbic Acid, etc.

I have not experienced any irritation with the new version. Also, I am not sure if the added skincare benefits are doing a whole lot for my skin. I do currently use Retin-A which is both for anti-acne and anti-aging purposes. Therefore, I cannot say whether the new formulation is heads over heels better for my skin than the original version.

And, the original 4-in-1 retails for $26. While, the new version retails for $27 instead. Also, unless you are 100% sure of what your color is in this foundation, I would certainly recommend getting color-matched first at a place where product exchanges or returns are accepted.

Originally, I did go on auto-delivery for the original version. But, I later decided to stop such. My main reason for stopping auto-delivery is because I don't think that this powder is truly worth its pricetag. Also,when the weather becomes hot out, this foundation starts to break down and get oily on my face way too fast. And, for me to get total coverage, I always had to use a concealer underneath the foundation for such.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by carmcd811

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. i have a very uneven skintone and am prone to breakouts. so having flawless looking skin was always my dream. bare minerals gave me no where near the coverage i wanted even when i put a ton on. so i went for a liquid (make up forever) and that was the worst mistake i could have made i got huge red under the skin pimples. my esthetician recommended pur. i have been searching for the perfect foundation and i have found it! this was the first time in YEARS that i have had comments about my skin looking nice! i only have to re apply one during the day. the only problem is i run out quickly! only because i use it so often! buy this product and you will never go back!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I had some disappointing experiences with various expensive mineral foundations so I was quite convinced that I would never buy a mineral powder foundation again. I'm so glad I made an exception to the rule for this one!

It's a pressed mineral foundation so not messy at all. The application is very quick and easy. The result is natural and it doesn't look cakey on me but I have to admit that I do use a primer and a bit of concealer underneath it. I like the fact that this foundation is oil free. My skin does get a bit oily after a couple of hours of wear but since I have a very oily skin type there's probably no foundation in the world that can prevent that from happening. Another pro is that it's not as harmful for the skin as many other foundations. I will definitely repurchase. I think I have finally found a mineral foundation that works for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL <3
So pleased with this product. I was reccomended this by an esthetician at ulta when i told her i really needed a decent coverage foundation even though my skin at the time was EXTREMELY irritated, red, and flaky!! my routine to make this look flawless is to wash my face with olay sensitive skin foaming cleanser (LOVE), then cetaphil moisturizing cream for dry, sensitive skin, then i apply this with my elf studio flat top brush (only 3 bucks on eyeslipsface.com) and the product claims to be a concealer, foundation, setting powder, and spf 15 all in one! four main reasons i love this & purchased despite the semi-pricey tag: -contains shea butter (good for sensitive dry skin) -the claims of four in one -the fact that its easy and fast to apply -contains minerals which are good for your skin!

overall AWESOME concept and product; BUT not perfect...
-doesn't really have strong staying power... i found it wore off after about 3 hours, good luck people with oily skin! dont reccomend for you unless you want smearu makeup all over your face :p
-i hit pan pretty quick... have only had for a few months and almost out!
-although it claims to have concealer i still find myself having to use a little of my maybelline mineral power conealer (GREAT drugstore concealer i really reccomend checking it out!!!) around my undereyes and to any really red areas such as around my nose, mouth, and chin

a solution to the bad staying power may be to use your favorite primer or setting spray in cunjunction with it, but i haven't tried that yet! good luck ladies! i really reccomend this for people who have normal or dry skin and want medium to full coverage (more leaning toward medium)

took off one lippie for the cons of it... but it still earns at least a 4 :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kaaaching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i was so disapointed with this product it didnt last throughout my whole day which is a must for me it cracks later on it looks kinda a cakey if i pack on more of it to get full coverage which it promises did nothing for my oil production the colour golden medium was still too pink for me i was hoping for so much from this i dont no what im gonna do with it now

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! i have tried BE, Smashbox, Urban Decay mineral foundation and it does not compare! I am an NC42 and i have the color TAN for the winter and use MEDIUM DARK for the summer. Finally i found a foundation that does not make my face look cakey and fake. This enhances my natural beauty.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by soonbslim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this the best of all mineral foundations that I have tried. Its not so glittery that it looks weird when you are outside, and it does a pretty good job of covering up minor imperfections. It "diminishes" my rosacea - doesn't completely hide it. My skin is very dry in the winter, and normal/dry in the summer. This does not suck all the moisture out of my skin causing it to look more wrinkled than it is.

Love the convenience of not having to deal with powder in a sifter container! Does it completely knock my socks off? No, I still prefer the result of liquid foundation plus strategic use of powder. However, I am 42 with two children under the age of 5 and two jobs (one of which requires me to arrive at 6 am twice a week); so, it does the trick because it is EASY to apply and FAST. I am a lawyer, so going makeup-free is not an option for me to present a professional image (at least that's what I believe!). So, this would be my HG of mineral foundations.

P.S. I have previously used the following mineral formulations: BE, Loreal, Revlon, and Avon.