Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 3/31/2014 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

An oldie, but goodie. You hear about with mascara er'where I tell you . The truth is it's worth the hype. This lengthens and defines my lashes. There is often too much product on the brush, but nothing a little wipe can't fix,giving me just the right amount. The curved part of the brush helps curl my lashes, too. The formula is right in the middle, not too wet or dry. Man, this makes my lashes just look "false" in general. This is for a more dramatic look. It doesn't smudge, but it flakes a bit. (only thing I don't like). This isn't my favorite out of the 'volum express line, but it deserves 4 lippies!

on 3/28/2014 9:20:00 PM

Okay, so there was a lot of hype about this 'falsies' mascara by maybeline. I went and purchased it ($8 where I live) and went home to try it out. I bought it expecting it to be the mother of all mascara's... but it wasn't quite. I started applying it and it gave my lashes minimal length... And as far as volume goes... My lashes were a solid black mess at the base. So minimal length, and pretty strange volume antics. I mean, if you didn't apply a lot, it'd be totally fine. Your lashes would look a wee but longer and a bit wider... But more than one coat and it gets out of hand. This could have just been my lashes because they're naturally long, but rather slim... This was just my experience with it. I personally like 'The Rocket' better.

on 3/25/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don't like this mascara

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

SO amazing! I've been looking for the perfecy mascara and finally found it. It separates and lenthens, and right away it looks like you put on sevearl coats and brushed them out. It's my new regular mascara!

on 3/23/2014 1:57:00 AM

Love this mascara! I have repurchased at least 3 times now. It's in my top two favourites along with Jordanna best lash volumizing mascara! Makes my lashes super long an doesn't clump. The brush shape makes it easy to apply in the corner of your eyes and on my lower lashes. Lasts all day! Would recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

TERRIBLE!
I had high hopes of this mascara because of the YouTube world and this was such a disappointment
-I bought the waterproof and it wore off so quickly that it was like I put nothing on
-Made my long lashes look short and slightly clumpy
-Only $4.96 regular price
-Brought it back right away

On the plus side I LOVED the falsies doubled ended big lash but it ran out so fast

on 3/18/2014 2:48:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I've been having a little bit of a love hate relationship with this mascara. The formula is wet and even though it makes my lashes thicker and stand out more, the fact that it is a wetter formula means it makes my lashes "heavy" and droop. But after it dries, it gets REALLY dry and starts flaking. This isn't the worst mascara, but not the best. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/18/2014 2:07:00 PM

Since my all time favourite mascara, Loreal Extra Volume Collagen, sadly got discontinued in my country I had to search for a new one. After reading so many reviews on different mascaras, watching videos, looking at pictures, I decided to get Maybelline The Falsies. I'm just gonna jump straight into the review and I'm not gonna lie when I say that this mascara makes my lashes look really long and adds a little, but sufficient, volume to my lashes. However, this totally failed at lifting and curling my lashes unfortunately (but I believe using a lash curler prior to using the mascara would help this issue better). Overall, it gives a rather 'separated' effect, make the lashes look pretty sparsed out, if you get what I mean :(

Nevertheless, this mascara is definitely wearable as it does the job. Unfortunately I developed a strong sense of dissapointment when I had to remove the mascara :( This masacara made my eyelashes fall!!! It wasnt a drastic fall as I didnt have bald spots or whatever. But i believe that losing about 3 lashes upon each removal time is bad enough! It should be noted that I tried using a lotion, water and oil based eye make up remover and all gave me the same issue.

Therefore, I would certainly not repurchase this again :/

This mascara is amazing. It's one of my favorites that I've tried, you can really get some impressive lashes if you layer! Sadly I had to stop using it because it was making my eyes sting/itch. :( if I could wear this, though, I absolutely would buy it again!

on 3/14/2014 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I gave this product a 3 but it's probably more of a 3.5. It is cheap and I like this stuff, it does the job. I also love how easy it is to get this stuff off! All of my expensive mascaras take such a long time with special make-up removers to get off, but this stuff comes off nicely. It also makes my eye lashes pop quite well. It is definitely worth the buy if you don't want to fork out loads of money for a mascara that works well. The staying power is also quite good, I haven't had to re-apply during the day, but then again I have never worn this on a good out before so I'm not sure how you'd go. But I use this for day use and it does the job. The only con I really have with this stuff is that it is quite wet.. It can be slightly messy with applying and sometimes during the day I find black smudges under my eyes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials