Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

3.5

Octinoxate 7.5%, Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (PVP Crosspolymer), Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica [2011]

on 2/28/2011 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product! It sure promised a lot - I don't have many fine lines, but hey, who wouldn't want to erase them? The first time I tried it, I couldn't find where it was applied. The color was a perfect match (Nude) and the applicator was weird and hard to use. It just kind of sat on top of my skin, and the applicator smeared it all over.
After reading some reviews here, I removed the applicator covering and it worked so much better! I loved it - until I realized I was broken out. I stopped it for a few days and my skin cleared. Tried it once more, and within hours, little bumps all over my face. I think it's a good idea in theory, but covers the skin too much with the weird silicone-like formula. Back to my tried and true Revlon ColorStay!

on 2/27/2011 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very nice natural looking foundation. I am normally not a foundation wearer, I hate the look of most foundations and normally just opt to wear none. They all just look too cakey to me, they all look like obvious foundation. And it's not because I've used the wrong ones or I don't know how to apply it. I've had makeup artists apply high end brands on me such as MAC and MakeupForever but I'm just not a fan of the look. Maybe I'm weird but I like the look of natural skin texture, pores and all! Lol, I am probably the minority when I said that but I don't like that fake "poreless" finish, to me it just looks like makeup that's clogging your pores.
Anyways, now that I expressed how much I hate the look of foundations, I want to say that this foundation impresses me! It is like a primer built in, it goes on very smooth and doesn't look cakey. A tip I want to give for wearing this is I turn this more into a tinted moisturizer. I use only 1 click, I spread it on randomly on my face, then I add a pump of moisturizer into my palms and massage it all together. I haven't tried this fully concentrated and I don't think I will since I don't feel I need too much coverage. I just wanted something for those special occasions when I want to look flawless and want a little something extra. I have pretty oily acne-prone skin and I don't feel it clogs my pores but I also use a small amount so maybe that helps. I didn't notice this making my face more oily. It's very pricey for a drugstore foundation at $12 but I do think it's worth it for the quality. It's hard to find a good color match since the names are not much help and it has no color description. For reference, I am about an NC30 and I bought the color Nude which is a good match.

This is easy to use and very light-weight, my summer foundation. It evens skin out, after wearing all day it doesn't form into my smile lines like heavier makeups, I can be confident that I don't have to worry about those dreaded lines after hours of smiling and laughing.

If you have spots like pimples and scars you'll need concealer because this is very sheer.

I don't feel like I'm even wearing foundation which is why I think it is perfect for sticky southern summers ~ plus the aplication makes it a breeze to use in times of touch-ups or on the go!

on 2/25/2011 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am in loooooove. Granted, it's love at first sight, since this is my first day wearing this product. I will update once I have a better grasp on wear-time, but my initial response is so positive!
I spent some time researching my next foundation, as my Sally Hansen Your Skin (Carmindy) line has been discontinued. My skin tends to be dry, especially now in the dead of a Chicago winter.
Due to the great rating for this product, I picked it up yesterday in Nude. The shade match is perfect for my fair/neutral skin. (I brought my old foundation bottle with me to Ulta to compare shades. . . great help!)
I was careful to apply with a light hand this morning, due to the advice I read in reviews. A few clicks was all I needed for my whole face. I smoothed it on with the sponge applicator and then patted/smoothed with my fingers to finish. Perfect. It applied like a dream. So smooth and comfortable. My skin truly feels soft and glowy, but not oily.
I have hereditary dark under-eye circles, so I applied my Revlon Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer over the foundation, then set the whole thing with a very light touch of NYC smooth pressed powder applied with a powder brush.

I LOVE the finished look so far. I keep wanting to touch my face because it feels so smooth and natural, like my skin but better. It is definitely not mask-like. I would say the coverage is moderate. Will update in a week or so once I have a better feel for the wear. So far this is a winner!

Update:
3:50 pm same day. . . and I worked out at lunch time. This foundation stuck with me through that and a quick shower and still looks lovely! All it needed was a slight touch up with pressed powder. Still loving it. No creasing or fading.

Update:
Week later. It's official. This is my new foundation. Love it. Agrees with my skin and lasts all day with just the slightest pressed-powder touch up late afternoon. Great product and highly recommend.

on 2/19/2011 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I currently LOVE this foundation. I am in a hugely transitional period right now where the foundations I have worn and loved in the past just aren't working for my 43+ skin.
I purchased this because I was kinda fascinated by the microfiber puff applicator. So glad I did. There is an application adjustment phase though.
I am using this in Nude right now (I am fair/neutral/olive) and it's not a perfect match but makes my undereye circles disappear so it's eliminated my need for concealer on most 'low-key' uses.
It gives me a glowy, dewy, not shiny finish. No sparkles either and looks great in photos.
I dab this on, concentrating it on areas that need a little more coverage. I have melasma on my jawline. (Florida, driver's side, wear more sunscreen!!) After I have it dotted on my face, I take my hands and press the foundation into my skin. I really thought this was too greasy til I used the hand pressing.(I read about doing this on here, somewhere, sorry I can't give props!! Thanks!) Wait a few minutes and dust over it with BE mineral veil. This lasts 10 hours on me, right now. Definitely a good winter foundation choice. Looks very natural.
I don't have any creases, only some fine lines around eyes and this doesn't settle into them, in fact, I think it makes my skin look a little more plump, blends melasma in just enough to still look natural and not mask-like over it. No break outs at all. Easily removed.
I love the applicator, so far. Worn 5 out of 7 days for the last two months and have used about half the product. I paid $9.64 at Target. Has a couple of different undertones avail.

on 2/8/2011 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using mineral makeup for years but as I'm aging I feel it's not working for me any more so I've made the big switch. I've tried several other liquid drug-store age-defying foundations but was not happy with any of them...until this one. I LOVE IT! I'm about half-way through my first bottle and could not be happier. No break-outs and I've got to say...whether in outdoor or indoor light...the look is natural and very flattering - nice and easy to figure out color match. The very first time I used this I hated it. I used way too much because after the first couple of clicks I didn't see the foundation come through so got click-happy....before I knew it I was rolling globs of greasy makeup all around. Not a good look. I tried again with a much lighter touch and this is the trick. Since then I've been really happy with it and I actually like the feel of the sponge roller on my face - it makes for a really easy application. The shine is definitely there afterward so I always use a big brush with the pressed powder in the same line to finish the face. That sets the makeup perfectly and I'm good to go for the entire day. Give this a try...especially if you're concerned about aging...the look and price is great!

on 2/6/2011 9:58:00 AM

Oh man, noooooo on this one! It made me have the worst break out I've had in YEARS! YEARS I tell you! This stuff went on gross, felt gross on, and left nastiness behind. Age Rewind yeah, it made my face break out like a 16 year old!!!! Just threw it away.

on 1/26/2011 4:03:00 AM

Overall, I hate this product. I have combination skin, with my T-zone tending to get a little oily as the day goes on, and the rest of my face can get dry patches. I have sensitive skin and can break out easily but don't usually have a lot of acne.

I bought this product because I was interested in the spongy "eraser" applicator, which is why I gave the Packaging Quality a 4, which was the only thing I did like about this.

I put it on my face and instantly noticed that my skin began to sting. I tried to blend the makeup with the applicator and it seemed to smear it around. I used my fingers to blend a bit more and I was grossed out by the oily, almost waxy feel of this liquid foundation. It was GROSS.

I am used to using Maybelline Pure Makeup, which is really light and water-based, which I love, but sadly it was discontinued. I went looking for a different product and bought the Instant Age Rewind Eraser and do not want.

I'll be returning this one. Bummer. :(

on 1/10/2011 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Anti aging foundation is also for anyone with dry skin. This is well known by Makeup Artists, so teens were probably advised to buy them. I've used the Age Rewind Concealer/Highlighter for years, and I'm 28 with no sun damage or wrinkles. This was a best seller this year, and I think Maybelline closed the yearly books as the best selling drugstore brand. This is an interesting concept... There aren't many rollerball foundations out there. Maybelline's listening to their consumer, and hiring the right people who can create products. The Dream Smooth mousse was also one of my fave drugstore foundations. It will also work for mature skin, and sets without being dry. My mom's number 1 complaint with foundations is almost never that they prevent wrinkles... she knows nothing will get rid of them. Her concern is dry skin and giving a glow back to her complexion.

on 1/7/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product based on the good reviews hoping that it would be a kiss of moisture for my winter dry skin. I loved how moist this made my face feel but it sat on top of my skin instead of blending in and it felt kinda sticky. I used this for about a week and the only good thing I can say about it is that it's very moisturizing. I just turned 31 and I don't think I look old but this stuff made me look that way. It settled into lines on my face I didn't know I had! Not a good look. I returned this to the store and, needless to say, will not repurchase.