December 21, 2014 | 1905 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh man, noooooo on this one! It made me have the worst break out I've had in YEARS! YEARS I tell you! This stuff went on gross, felt gross on, and left nastiness behind. Age Rewind yeah, it made my face break out like a 16 year old!!!! Just threw it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by limelipgloss

Overall, I hate this product. I have combination skin, with my T-zone tending to get a little oily as the day goes on, and the rest of my face can get dry patches. I have sensitive skin and can break out easily but don't usually have a lot of acne.

I bought this product because I was interested in the spongy "eraser" applicator, which is why I gave the Packaging Quality a 4, which was the only thing I did like about this.

I put it on my face and instantly noticed that my skin began to sting. I tried to blend the makeup with the applicator and it seemed to smear it around. I used my fingers to blend a bit more and I was grossed out by the oily, almost waxy feel of this liquid foundation. It was GROSS.

I am used to using Maybelline Pure Makeup, which is really light and water-based, which I love, but sadly it was discontinued. I went looking for a different product and bought the Instant Age Rewind Eraser and do not want.

I'll be returning this one. Bummer. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Anti aging foundation is also for anyone with dry skin. This is well known by Makeup Artists, so teens were probably advised to buy them. I've used the Age Rewind Concealer/Highlighter for years, and I'm 28 with no sun damage or wrinkles. This was a best seller this year, and I think Maybelline closed the yearly books as the best selling drugstore brand. This is an interesting concept... There aren't many rollerball foundations out there. Maybelline's listening to their consumer, and hiring the right people who can create products. The Dream Smooth mousse was also one of my fave drugstore foundations. It will also work for mature skin, and sets without being dry. My mom's number 1 complaint with foundations is almost never that they prevent wrinkles... she knows nothing will get rid of them. Her concern is dry skin and giving a glow back to her complexion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on the good reviews hoping that it would be a kiss of moisture for my winter dry skin. I loved how moist this made my face feel but it sat on top of my skin instead of blending in and it felt kinda sticky. I used this for about a week and the only good thing I can say about it is that it's very moisturizing. I just turned 31 and I don't think I look old but this stuff made me look that way. It settled into lines on my face I didn't know I had! Not a good look. I returned this to the store and, needless to say, will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!! I have tried just about everything from expensive designer brands to cheap store brands. I tried this because it was highly recommended by the makeup team for Oprah.com. I have combination skin, some old acne scars, a few large pores, some freckles. Overall, I have some issues that need covering........I love the sponge applicator. I am now on my 3rd bottle of this and I think I've finally figured out the trick. When you click the bottle to dispense the foundation, it comes up through the direct center of the sponge. So first click it, then apply it in several large swipes across your face using the center of the sponge where the makeup comes up through - then use the side of the sponge to even it out.

I do not like the clicking thing though. Of the 3 bottles, all 3 have had their own quirks. One of them dispensed a ton of product with only a click or two. The other two bottles would require 6 or 8 clicks, or literally 15-20 clicks respectively.

I use this in conjunction with the Instant Rewind Primer, and the Instant Rewind powder and have been extremely happy. In fact, I am 32 and have been wearing makeup since about 12 and this is the FIRST time I have been 100% happy with a makeup system. I am actually afraid they might stop making this!! How sad is that?! Makeup lines come and go like wildfire but I truly hope this will become one of the old standbys that is around forever.

I put on Primer, let it dry/set for a few minutes, then the foundation, then I use a huge fluffy brush to lightly apply powder to set everything.

I have olive skin tone and have had no trouble finding a shade to match my skin for both summer and winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 6:04:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

well,it is my first foundation! Read the reviews,and wanted something to give me a finish look but good for the skin.wanted a nice make up for xmas.so i bought this and did a marvellous make up for xmas! Did put some bronzer to make it more natural,and some hight lights with a beige/gold powder.overall,the look was nice ! Will see if the treatment works...but,i don't put it everyday.so it looked unified and that's what i wanted for my purple eyes ...so love it! Update: been using this for xmas and new year eves, and i've been loving it! Easy on the application,noticed a change in my skin, flawless finish! Been using this in buff beige,the color of my neck! Was paler then my face,but overall was a great nude canevas,to start a evening make up! So,overall ,did like it! Update2: i apply this foundation with a flat top ecotools brush,it makes a better finish.i will probably buy pure beige wich will fit better my neutral/olive skintone! Love it with a bronzer and a blush,and some highlight!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

All I can say about this product is WOW !!
After reading all the reviews I figure this is pretty close to Armani's Face Fabric, and it is. except with better colour selection & some kind of light diffusing glowy stuff in it which Face Fabric does not.
This evens out the skin with a glowy finish without putting on a primer beforehand. The skin appeared so much healthier & plumper afterwards. It can cover some minor flaws but a concealer is a better choice if you have major issues. To go over with more of this fdn. in order to skip the concealer will make it "slide" later.
And it comes in an airless pump (click) which makes the dispensing better but also keep the silicone stable (unlike Covergirls's TruBlend Whipped Fdn which comes in a jar although it is also a silicone fdn)
I ripped off the sponge applicator immediately, its just a gimmick, and neer mind about the "eraser" claim, a makeup can camouflage, disguise, conceal but to call it an eraser is ridiculous. Also it is used in such small amount, I don't believe in whatever miracle anti-aging concoction within would do much.
For my NC 30-35, I picked up Buff (darker) & Nude (lighter), a mixture of equal amount matches my yellow-beige skin quite nicely without any pinkish undertone. However, I also bought Sandy beige that do carry a pinkish undertone but since this fdn is so wonderful, the colour match does not look phony.
This may not be a suitable product for oily skin or during those hot, sweaty seasons.
This is truly one of the best fdn in my collection.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure about the eraser part the first time I tried it , seemed a lil hokey to me but I actually really like using it,, it's so soft and you simply "erase" it on and then I do blend a little here and there with my fingers ,, I wear this over Covergirl Simply Ageless primer and my skin looks amazing for the better part of the day. Couldn't be happier!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by DebraWrd

I purchased this for $9.98 at Walmart. I got this in Classic Ivory. It matches my skin virtually perfectly. It doesn't make my crow's feet disappear but it doesn't accentuate them! I turned the cap to dial up a tiny amount and applied it with the applicator and also smoothed it out with my fingertip. I don't apply foundation all over my face but on red areas like around my nose and chin and under my eyes. It covered my dark spots under my eyes but mine are not that dark.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my daily foundation now. I wear Buff Beige and it just plain looks great. I like the sponge applicator..just a few swipes and then I blend it in with my fingers. It appears to become part of my skin..not sitting on top, with a velvet-like smoothness Luckily they have a good color match for me.. I use it over the primer in that line, which I like also.Update: 1-25-11 Switched to Origins Energy VitaZing with Mangosteen and only wear that now. It's totally natural looking on me.