April 20, 2014 | 1259 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by andreabean0929

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. It is a perfect match for my skin, it is easy to apply, and has not made me breakout. It has a nice finish, but I have to set it with my Origins all and nothing loose powder or else it looks too dewy/greasy for my skin. I really like this and would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by liplickity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I picked this up on a whim and I'm not using it anymore. I tried it a few days and it wasn't for me. The advertisement made this foundation enticing. Along with it the ingredients listed on the front. The foundation has SPF 18 with sunscreen Goji Berry+ Collagen Super Concentrated.
After using the interesting twist up device with a built in sponge which blended in pretty well. It started off right. The application result in front of the mirror looked good however within 20 minutes the foundation turned a un- natural olive orangish- beige tint shade which was sheer and did not cover my my few chin scars and dark spots. It is uncomfortable to wear. It is obvious and my face felt itchy. I did not like it. I could not find 1 thing I like about it. It was a disappointment because it seem to be so promising. I really wanted it to work. My final conclusion is that it performed poorly and it did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

***UPDATE***
yes, i do still love this foundation. i've been using it everyday since buying it and i'm happy to report that it's still just as wonderful as when i first tried it. it does not break me out, and it's very light on the skin. i don't feel like i'm wearing a mask. i am so pleased with the formula--it covers redness and looks very natural. this has turned out to be a very good foundation for me and i would recommend it to anyone my age, oily skin or dry skin. this has turned out to be a very good foundation for me & i would certainly buy it again.*****

this is my preliminary review, as i have just bought this product today. i will update it after wearing it for awhile, but i really had to share my enthusiasm for this foundation.

i'm 40 and my skin is changing a lot. i've always had oily skin and large pores, so i am used to buying only acne fighting products and oil control products for my face. this is the first anti-aging foundation i've tried, and i'm very impressed with it upon my initial application.

i previously had been using lancome's teint miracle, but i'm finding it too thick & shiny for my taste. it also enhances my large pores, and so it's not very attractive on me. i have been searching for a foundation that will specifically hide my pores and still look like "skin" & not a cakey mask. i don't have lots of break outs like i used to, but i still have redness that needs covering, and the teint miracle did at least cover the redness.

maybelline's age rewind treatment foundation not only covers redness, but also hides pores and today i only had to touch up once within about 8 hours. i always use my cheapy NYC smooth powder in translucent to blot my t-zone & set any foundation. it works so well & costs about $2. it looked fantastic over the foundation. very smooth and creamy-looking without any shininess, if that makes sense.

i really love this foundation so far. it seems to be exactly what i've been hoping for! i'm an NW 20 and the "nude" shade matches my complexion very well. i wore this all day and it looked natural in daylight as well as evening. it was creamy smooth and made my skin glow, but it did not appear as a greasy glow. it looked like well-cared for skin and no pores!! :)

i was a bit put off at applying it because i initially used too many turns of the pump and got a little too much, but it blended well after all. i had to work it in a little with my fingers but after blending, it looked really good, very natural and clean. it seemed dewy at first or like it might turn out heavy and greasy like the teint miracle, but once on, it didn't. it was light and i didn't feel like i had a mask on. with most other liquid foundations i've tried, i can't wait to get them off my skin. they can feel dirty and greasy. i really hate that, and i'm glad that i took a chance with buying this one. so far, anyway!

pros: it doesn't have a smell, it blends well, it's light, covers redness, and has a very natural, non-greasy dewy finish that looks alive and glowy. because my tzone gets oily, especially my forehead, i like to set any foundation with my reliable and cheap NYC pressed powder. it looked great with that. the bottle does not leak (i once had a sonia kashuk one that leaked everywhere! boo hiss!), and the foundation lasted the whole day i wore it (8 hrs). it says on the directions that the sponge is treated with an anti-microbial, so there's no need to "clean" the sponge at all. if it gets gunky, just wipe it with a clean facial tissue. and since it uses a sponge, you can tell if the product has been opened at the store. (i liked that. i wish all stores would put testers out of each product and then shrinkwrap all the rest.)

cons: it's easy for a novice (like myself) to over-saturate the sponge, it really does not take very much to do your entire face.

i will update this review after a few days of wearing the foundation. we'll see how it goes. today, tho...i really, really love it. it didn't ACTUALLY rewind my skin ;) but it did make it look...better. (small pores, yay!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by clairestrick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Trying to decide if I like this or the Boots lift better. The sponge applicator is a bit odd at first but the product goes on nicely. I use it with the mac stippling brush for a really nice finish. The finish is dewy, the colors are good. My only complaint is that it seems to fade away during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by deb2963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just purchased this at lunchtime.....went into ladies room and applied under my eyes. I couldn't believe the difference!!!!! My middle of the day undereye circles INSTANTLY disappeared!!! I blended into the tops of my cheeks and down around my outer lip area. I am amazed and very pleased with the results!!! TWO THUMBS UP!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was just "eh" for me. I do like the way this blends- it spreads on your face like a dream, however it feels a little "greasy", kind of like it's just sitting on top of your skin- like a primer.
Coverage is light. You could build it, but I didn't want the extra effort o do that. This wasn't very long lasting. I might reach for it occasionally, but it's not a favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by goodnightluck

I was really excited when I saw this, not only because of the concept of this being a "treatment" makeup, but also because it has the unique sponge tip applicator. I couldn't wait to try it.

When I finally decided to buy it, and brought it home, I applied it immediately because I hadn't put foundation on that day. It was at night. Initially I thought it was great, it went on so smooth and the sponge applicator felt great. It also feels super light on your face and not heavy. However, the 2nd day when I tried it in daylight, and had generally more light on my face, I was very unimpressed. I noticed there is SHIMMER & SPARKLE in this, which I don't understand. My face looked a bit "off" in colour so I dabbed some on my wrist and noticed it was a gross orangey-pink shade as other reviewers have pointed out (I automatically bought the lightest shade because I have a fair skintone). It looked even more shimmery on my wrist, which scared me. Also with close inspection, it looked cakey and uneven. Pretty fake looking, which surprised me because I thought the sponge applicator would be ideal for creating a flawless finish. I also had on my L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting base, which has been working amazing for me with other makeup, and even that didn't help.

In terms of treating fine lines and wrinkles, I wouldn't know. I am returning this. Overall a big disappointment because I liked the packaging and concept. But it is just another gimmick.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by goddring

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I use this just under my eyes. I like a TM but it does not hide my dark circles well and I find at my age concealers just make my eyes look worse. I dab this under and over eyes and lightly pat into place. It gives me just the right amount of disguise for the area without being obvious and does not call attention to the wrinkles there. I like the sponge for this purpose because it is so soft for dabbing around the eyes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: Buff Beige 130 actually according to the Maybelline web site is lighter than Classic Ivory, and a tad darker than Creamy Ivory. A bit light for me, but I can make it work. Today I purchased Nude 190, which is distinctly yellow. I'm sticking with the Buff Beige, Nude is going back.
Wow, another great foundation from Maybelline! I've recently been using Dream Smooth Mousse, and like it very much. I picked this up at CVS for $10 and a $3 extra bucks for buying Maybelline. I purchased Creamy Natural, and it's too dark for me, although it is perfect in the Dream Smooth. Exchanged for Buff Beige. While at Ulta the other day, I got a sample of LORAC's Breakthrough Performance foundation and I am not kidding, they feel and look very much the SAME. (ended up purchasing SMS40, returned today, doesn't have the same radiance, but a similar performance for $28 more..) This is not a rollerball makeup, but applies with a domed sponge. I smooth with my fingertips and I'm good to go. Would I purchase again? Yes I will! This is a fabulous little drugstore find for those over the age of 40!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by typicalprototype

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW im amazed this product makes my skin look like it did when i was 18! it glides on so smooth and acts like a full coverage. i cant even feel it on my face at all . and i use almost NO product just two clicks for my whole face as where when i used to use colorstay i would need a nickle sized amount. i was kinda no likine the sponge app it comes with and thought of removing it but i was playing around before actually wearing it and wow that sponge gives a quick airbrushed look and its so much easier to pick up my foundaton and apply straight to my face. i will be buying this again!