July 31, 2014 | 2033 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my daily foundation now. I wear Buff Beige and it just plain looks great. I like the sponge applicator..just a few swipes and then I blend it in with my fingers. It appears to become part of my skin..not sitting on top, with a velvet-like smoothness Luckily they have a good color match for me.. I use it over the primer in that line, which I like also.Update: 1-25-11 Switched to Origins Energy VitaZing with Mangosteen and only wear that now. It's totally natural looking on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by corteznavarro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is actually a GREAT buy! It does what it says it will do. I have been using an expensive givenchy foundation, but this actually beats it. Just adding though, that I do have combination skin, so my cheeks and the sides of my nose get flaky, while my t-zone is oily.

It actually fills out the pores and the wrinkles, and it feels light. I must say but, it's not that great to rub in with fingers, use a stippling brush, otherwise it doesn't set properly transfers onto material or skin.Don't use the sponge to apply on the face with, just twist it and let the foundation come out then dab it on the spots of the face where you need it and rub it in. Also, this foundations is not a full face foundation, it's more of a corrective foundation, so just use it on the areas you need it otherwise it looks really greasy and shiny. Finish with a finishing powder (highly recommended because it is dewy and takes a while to set), but honestly GREAT! Will definitely buy again when I run out.

About $18 from target and priceline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by NewOrleansLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product. The shade I bought, Buff Beige, matches my skintone better than the three or four other foundations I currently own. And it wears fine on me, as if it's not there. But, I do tend to apply these things lightly. I'm loving the sponge applicator but I still use my fingers to blend it on evenly. I have the pressed powder to set it, and am now curious about the primer since that seemed to have gotten some better reviews.
For those of you who are worried about scents, I don't pick up on any strong scents from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by andreabean0929

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. It is a perfect match for my skin, it is easy to apply, and has not made me breakout. It has a nice finish, but I have to set it with my Origins all and nothing loose powder or else it looks too dewy/greasy for my skin. I really like this and would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by liplickity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I picked this up on a whim and I'm not using it anymore. I tried it a few days and it wasn't for me. The advertisement made this foundation enticing. Along with it the ingredients listed on the front. The foundation has SPF 18 with sunscreen Goji Berry+ Collagen Super Concentrated.
After using the interesting twist up device with a built in sponge which blended in pretty well. It started off right. The application result in front of the mirror looked good however within 20 minutes the foundation turned a un- natural olive orangish- beige tint shade which was sheer and did not cover my my few chin scars and dark spots. It is uncomfortable to wear. It is obvious and my face felt itchy. I did not like it. I could not find 1 thing I like about it. It was a disappointment because it seem to be so promising. I really wanted it to work. My final conclusion is that it performed poorly and it did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

***UPDATE***
yes, i do still love this foundation. i've been using it everyday since buying it and i'm happy to report that it's still just as wonderful as when i first tried it. it does not break me out, and it's very light on the skin. i don't feel like i'm wearing a mask. i am so pleased with the formula--it covers redness and looks very natural. this has turned out to be a very good foundation for me and i would recommend it to anyone my age, oily skin or dry skin. this has turned out to be a very good foundation for me & i would certainly buy it again.*****

this is my preliminary review, as i have just bought this product today. i will update it after wearing it for awhile, but i really had to share my enthusiasm for this foundation.

i'm 40 and my skin is changing a lot. i've always had oily skin and large pores, so i am used to buying only acne fighting products and oil control products for my face. this is the first anti-aging foundation i've tried, and i'm very impressed with it upon my initial application.

i previously had been using lancome's teint miracle, but i'm finding it too thick & shiny for my taste. it also enhances my large pores, and so it's not very attractive on me. i have been searching for a foundation that will specifically hide my pores and still look like "skin" & not a cakey mask. i don't have lots of break outs like i used to, but i still have redness that needs covering, and the teint miracle did at least cover the redness.

maybelline's age rewind treatment foundation not only covers redness, but also hides pores and today i only had to touch up once within about 8 hours. i always use my cheapy NYC smooth powder in translucent to blot my t-zone & set any foundation. it works so well & costs about $2. it looked fantastic over the foundation. very smooth and creamy-looking without any shininess, if that makes sense.

i really love this foundation so far. it seems to be exactly what i've been hoping for! i'm an NW 20 and the "nude" shade matches my complexion very well. i wore this all day and it looked natural in daylight as well as evening. it was creamy smooth and made my skin glow, but it did not appear as a greasy glow. it looked like well-cared for skin and no pores!! :)

i was a bit put off at applying it because i initially used too many turns of the pump and got a little too much, but it blended well after all. i had to work it in a little with my fingers but after blending, it looked really good, very natural and clean. it seemed dewy at first or like it might turn out heavy and greasy like the teint miracle, but once on, it didn't. it was light and i didn't feel like i had a mask on. with most other liquid foundations i've tried, i can't wait to get them off my skin. they can feel dirty and greasy. i really hate that, and i'm glad that i took a chance with buying this one. so far, anyway!

pros: it doesn't have a smell, it blends well, it's light, covers redness, and has a very natural, non-greasy dewy finish that looks alive and glowy. because my tzone gets oily, especially my forehead, i like to set any foundation with my reliable and cheap NYC pressed powder. it looked great with that. the bottle does not leak (i once had a sonia kashuk one that leaked everywhere! boo hiss!), and the foundation lasted the whole day i wore it (8 hrs). it says on the directions that the sponge is treated with an anti-microbial, so there's no need to "clean" the sponge at all. if it gets gunky, just wipe it with a clean facial tissue. and since it uses a sponge, you can tell if the product has been opened at the store. (i liked that. i wish all stores would put testers out of each product and then shrinkwrap all the rest.)

cons: it's easy for a novice (like myself) to over-saturate the sponge, it really does not take very much to do your entire face.

i will update this review after a few days of wearing the foundation. we'll see how it goes. today, tho...i really, really love it. it didn't ACTUALLY rewind my skin ;) but it did make it look...better. (small pores, yay!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by clairestrick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Trying to decide if I like this or the Boots lift better. The sponge applicator is a bit odd at first but the product goes on nicely. I use it with the mac stippling brush for a really nice finish. The finish is dewy, the colors are good. My only complaint is that it seems to fade away during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by deb2963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just purchased this at lunchtime.....went into ladies room and applied under my eyes. I couldn't believe the difference!!!!! My middle of the day undereye circles INSTANTLY disappeared!!! I blended into the tops of my cheeks and down around my outer lip area. I am amazed and very pleased with the results!!! TWO THUMBS UP!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was just "eh" for me. I do like the way this blends- it spreads on your face like a dream, however it feels a little "greasy", kind of like it's just sitting on top of your skin- like a primer.
Coverage is light. You could build it, but I didn't want the extra effort o do that. This wasn't very long lasting. I might reach for it occasionally, but it's not a favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by goodnightluck

I was really excited when I saw this, not only because of the concept of this being a "treatment" makeup, but also because it has the unique sponge tip applicator. I couldn't wait to try it.

When I finally decided to buy it, and brought it home, I applied it immediately because I hadn't put foundation on that day. It was at night. Initially I thought it was great, it went on so smooth and the sponge applicator felt great. It also feels super light on your face and not heavy. However, the 2nd day when I tried it in daylight, and had generally more light on my face, I was very unimpressed. I noticed there is SHIMMER & SPARKLE in this, which I don't understand. My face looked a bit "off" in colour so I dabbed some on my wrist and noticed it was a gross orangey-pink shade as other reviewers have pointed out (I automatically bought the lightest shade because I have a fair skintone). It looked even more shimmery on my wrist, which scared me. Also with close inspection, it looked cakey and uneven. Pretty fake looking, which surprised me because I thought the sponge applicator would be ideal for creating a flawless finish. I also had on my L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting base, which has been working amazing for me with other makeup, and even that didn't help.

In terms of treating fine lines and wrinkles, I wouldn't know. I am returning this. Overall a big disappointment because I liked the packaging and concept. But it is just another gimmick.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No