Revlon Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 2/1/2011 11:02:00 AM

I have been using this shade on and off for the past couple of weeks and I just cannot make it work for me. My lips are peeling come mid day, not to mention the color appears orange on me as it fades.

on 1/30/2011 10:40:00 PM

This product is like a peach but toned down with nudyness. Has no shimmers, its a flat color with shine. The consistency is creamy and moisturising. Color payoff is great but make sure your lips are exfoliated because they over emphasises them and it looks horriable.

on 1/27/2011 1:47:00 PM

i bought this in soft nude over the summer last yr and it made my lips really dry!even after putting on lipbalm and lipgloss, and it melts really bad in the hot weather =o\

on 1/25/2011 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

At my first swipe, I was all "WOW! It's my perfect nude!" But then I noticed that if I added any more (which you generally have to to get an even coverage), I just look like I've added concealer to my lips. It's sliiiightly too cool to really be the "perfect" nude for me (I'm NC25), but it does create nice, pale lips that won't make you look like a vampire (if you don't add too much). I like to use this under lipgloss so it doesn't end up looking too bland or dupable. Also, the texture of this lipstick is lovely; it's NOT really hydrating or super creamy like high end ones, but it is highly pigmented, easy to apply and has decent staying power.

on 1/25/2011 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I tried pretty hard to like the ColorBurst Lipsticks from Revlon but I just can't. Since I'm NC45 the color Soft Nude didn't work for me but that was my fault. Then again I didn't like the texture of the lipstick what-so-ever. I have really dry lips and even though I moisturized my lips before I put this lipstick on I still had a dry look and feel. Although I must say that the packaging is very cute, I'll give another color of the ColorBurst line a go, but for Soft Nude, I just can't repurchase this one.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

i really wanted a nude lipstick since i wear very dramatic eyes a lot and my lips are quite pigmented. this lipstick is okay, but not awesome.
for a drugstore lipstick, it's pretty pricey. the packaging is very nice, however my tube actually popped right out of the case, i put it back in, but i noticed it was just attached with something that looks like hot glue. not sure how i feel about that.
although the lipstick is creamy, it's very drying and i highly suggest a lip gloss over it. it is a little too peachy, but nothing i can't deal with. i like the smell, kind of pepperminty but it doesn't wear very long at all which is a bit of a downer. i think i might like the matte nude lipstick more because i've heard it's more opaque. i am on the fence between giving this a 3 or 4. i don't recommended this for darker skin tones, i think it might appear orange.

on 1/24/2011 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the packaging! I think it's so cute...it reminds me of fishnets...

That being said, I'm also a NC20 and I think the color is pretty nice for me. When I swatch it on my hand, it does seem pretty peach/orange but on me and my lips, it's pretty nude.

I'm not a lipstick wearer, I'm a glossy girl. For a lipstick, it's okay. For a lip product in general, not really a fan. I'll keep using it and see if it grows on me. I also picked up Baby Pink (Walgreens had BOGO50%) and this is muuuchhhh better for my skintone than Baby Pink. But I love the packaging and the feel of the lipstick is pretty nice.

The only other lipstick I own at this point is a NYX one, nothing fancy. So this is better. A chance to play with super colorful eyes and a nude lip.

The staying power leaves something to be desired, especially if you're wearing a gloss over it...you'll have to reapply often.

on 1/22/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i like the texture, but soft nude pulls orange on my nc 15 neutral skin.. green eyes and dirty blonde hair :) it looks awful.. so my review isn't because this isn't a good product. it is. just not my color.. maybe not the best nude for the paler ladies!

on 1/18/2011 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i have quite a few nude lipsticks and this one is alright, but its nothing special. its sort of sheer, and can go on streaky depending on how you apply it. for $12-15 (at least here in Canada) i don't think its worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! I wear it all the time with whatever gloss I feel like putting over it. It's very creamy and smooth and I always get compliments when I pair it with sugarrimmed dazzleglass by mac.

Popular Lipsticks