April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(1996 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use the colorstay one and when this came out i was expecting this to be a lot better than the colorstay. But too bad it doesn't even near as good as colorstay. I don't know why Revlon have poor color selection. My colorstay gets too light and my photoready is too dark on my skin. So aside from that, the foundation has sparkle. A lot of sparkle. But it doesn't really showing though. The texture is hard to blend. I got really cakey all the time. I only use this for like 2 times and stop, it end up in my make up case forever. I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Was very disappointed by this foundation :(. When the HD foundations rolled onto the market by the truckload, I was excited to see a version by Revlon (love their Colorstay foundation)...but my excitement was short-lived. Snatched it up along with the Photoready perfecting primer, LOVED the primer but HATED the foundation. No matter how I apply it, this foundation sets up very cakey on my skin and dries to a finish that's far from "photo ready". It sinks into fine lines quickly, making them super noticeable, is difficult to blend, and looks "makeup-y" no matter what shade I try. It seemed to magnify every imperfection I have! I've tried different primers, brushes, sponges, etc...nothing makes this product look natural on me. My powder even sits on top of it and looks awful...this one just doesn't work for me I guess...oh well, on to the next great thing! ;-).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by caseyj123499

I have this foundation in Nude 004 for $40 at Big W and what are the bad things that I can say about it? Nothing. This foundation is by far the best foundation I have ever tried and I have tried many.

I found that before I tried this foundation i have really big pores on my cheeks and as soon as I applied this foundation it completely covered up my pores and the occasional pimples that i get from time to time. I notice that a lot of girls complain about the shimmer, There is not much shimmer in this foundation if you are complaining about the shimmer in this one go ahead and try the Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush foundation. It is twice as bad.

Overall. Love this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is awful. I know it has many 5 star ratings, but it didn't work for me. The color selection isn't great, but I did find 005 to be close enough, at least for the first few minutes. I was able to get a nice thin layer on, which is enough to even out your skin tone. And then it oxidizes almost immediately. ORANGE FACE after a few minutes. I've worn this foundation for several weeks now. The oxidization wasn't so bad the first few times I wore this, but it's been awful this week. I keep trying it on with different products underneath (sunscreen, moisturizer, primer, etc) in hopes of finding a combination of products that minimizes the oxidization, but no luck :(

The only reason I gave this 2 lippies is because of the pump, otherwise, it'd be a total 0.

Well there goes another full bottle of foundation and $15 down the drain. Sorry, landfill!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by OliviaCatherine

I must say for a revlon product i was dissapointed.
This foundation is not as good as it is hyped up to be, upon applying it with my foundation brush i found that it had little coverage and had some form of pigmant to it. However the foundation can be buildable if you don't mind the sheen that comes with it, throughout the day i found that if my face came into contact with something the foundation would rub off allover it, not only this but the foundation became oiler and patchy during the day, i had to reapply often.

I didn't have any compliments on this foundation. However the colour match was fantastic, total let down by revlon. Nothing compared to colourstay which is one of my favourite foundations x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by radkoolstellar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very good foundation. It leaves a dewy finish and it blends very easily. One set back is that it's almost too dewy, you can notice the little glitters. I guess that's the whole point of the foundation, the little flexes of glitter reflect on light from a camera to give you flawless looking skin, but it really makes you look like a ghost... I prefer the colorstay foundation over this one, but they're pretty much the same except colorstay does not have the little flecks of "glitter"

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my everyday foundation. I love the finish, very natural and gives a nice glow. It is not full coverage but covers my small blemishes well. I wear it during the day only because at night i prefer full coverage. I sweat a lot and foundation does wear off with my sweat and transfers. But It's not that serious. I really like this foundation and will continue using it daily to go to work.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

I have tried almost every foundation out there, and I keep coming back to this one. The main reason is because it's relatively inexpensive, I love the packaging, and the color is right. I wear 003 Shell (NC20) and it matches very well. I don't notice much sparkle unless I'm looking very very close, so that's not really a problem. This foundation looks FANTASTIC in pictures and I'm not exaggerating. I make sure I'm wearing this foundation if I know photos are going to be taken. I also like this foundation because it's very blendable and it helps lighten dark pimples marks because of it's shimmer effects. It does not make me breakout, and it lasts on my oily skin with the PhotoReady primer. I actually got complimented by an SA at Sephora and she was shocked I was wearing Revlon foundation. This does compare to MUFE, but MUFE makes me a little oilier than Revlon PR.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to LOVE this foundation when it first came out a long time ago. I have extremely fair skin and Photoready was seriously the only brand that made one light enough for me (including high end MU). I loved it back then, it photographed beautifully, and made my face look like a glowy. A week ago I went to ulta, walmart and target to find the 001 shade "ivory" which I guess they've since discontinued (does anyone know the deal with that?) I grabbed 002 Vanilla instead hoping it wouldn't be too much of a difference. Boy was I wrong. I think they've also changed the formula as well, there isn't as much coverage and now I'm getting small white bumps on my cheeks. I never break out, so I'm convinced its from the new formulation. I'm upset because the color oxidizes and it too dark for me! I don't notice the "glitter" that everyone else seems to complain about. I do like the finish it gives as I've recently learned to embrace the dewy look, but I'm really disappointed in the color and formula change. Even with a good primer/powder this doesn't stand a chance for more than 3 hours. I'm sad as this used to be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by beuatybme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation!!!!! It's smooth and soft and covers everything nicely without being thick or cake. It's not perfect in the oil control department, but i've never had anything that is, and overall it's a lot better than other things i've tried. It's also fairly natural looking, and I don't know what everyone's so upset about with sparkles because I definitely can't see any. Anyhow this is definitely my new favourite foundation and I would totally purchase it again for its' amazing packaging and more amazing product!!!