Revlon PhotoReady Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

2059 reviews

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 1.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.0%) Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tribehenin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cycloheptasiloxane, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 7/28/2013 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It comes in pump bottle! Yay! Other than that it works great for me, at least!
I bought the product out of sheer coincidence, picked it up on the way to a last min "photoshoot, makeup request" session. I am no means a professional make-up artist or claim to be, but I do help friends doll up sometimes. Apparently the product is great for capturing light so in turn it's great for photo shots etc. The consistency is light, provides good coverage and it does have millions of micro shimmy thingies to reflect light. Used it on my friends and they were hooked, stayed on well for a good half a day despite having to move from one photoshoot location to another under the hot sun. It provides good coverage and does not feel greasy or thick on the face. The product has a pleasant smell, was surprised by this because I have bought their lipsticks before and boy do they smell funky. Would I repurchase? Sure!

on 7/18/2013 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is awesome :) I am always on the search for great foundations, whether it be drugstore or high-end. I've tried everything from BareMinerals to MAC and everything in between. I have extremely pale and oily skin, plus being an athlete in the Florida heat, it's really hard to find a long-wearing foundation that still gives very full coverage without being cakey.

PROS:
Affordable
Pump bottle
Full coverage
Glowy finish (but matte in the right places)
Long-wearing
Very good shade selection

CONS:
A little pricey for drugstore

Overall, this is my new HG foundation. I highly reccomend this!

on 7/18/2013 5:15:00 AM

I think this is a great product. It has a natural dewy finish. Although sometimes it flakes in the dry areas of my face. Never the less I would buy it again. I am in the shade vanilla and it matches really well. It was quite expensive though at $35, here in Australia.it does have small microscopic sparkles but I can not see them on my face. This foundation is great for everyday use and would recommend using it with moisteriser if you have dry skin. I am happy with this foundation! Good job revelon.

on 7/11/2013 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Honestly, I was pretty impressed with this foundation!

PROS: full coverage, great color match, only needs one layer, stays on, don't need concealer, easy to apply with hands or a brush.

CONS: dewy, shine, feels heavy

Overall, its a wonderful foundation and it's great for
those who look for a full flawless coverage!

Nice dewy, lighter coverage foundation perfect for everyday use. Has light reflecting particles that gives skin a soft sheen. Not the best for acne prone/oily skin but a great enhancer for normal/drier types. I love that it comes in a large variety of colours. Would repurchase.

I have very pale skin and its a struggle to find a color match because most foundations make my face look orange. Photo Ready had the perfect match! people ask me how i get my skin so flawless and its all thanks to this amazing foundation. Its in a bottle WITH a pump which is something i always look for. the coverage is great and you can build it up.
It feels so light on your face and looks very natural. Everyone needs to try this foundation
~SarahDelevingne :*

on 7/9/2013 10:51:00 PM

I just bought this foundation. A week later and I'll probably never wear it again. I really wanted to like it. It looked so good on most of my face but I have really dry skin around my nose, mouth, and chin. It would flake up within 10 minutes. As the day went on it got worse. When I removed my makeup at the end of the day flakes off skin were everywhere and it burned. I moisturize a lot and exfoliate regularly. That didn't matter when using this. Don't use if you have dry skin. It also made me look really pale by the end of the day. I'm giving it a three because I think it could be really good if you aren't dry like me. Also, the shimmer is so over hyped. It isn't even noticeable while wearing it. I'm really sad this didn't work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

No, no, no, no. Just no. After checking and cross checking foundations that would match my face to the rest of me, I decided on Revlon Photoready in Cappucino which I ordered from Ulta online, since they never seem to have darker shades in my area for some reason, or are all out. Very giddy to try it, so I did my routine and applied it with a sponge and what the f-ck?! I looked like a black, female Casper! Ashy and ghostly-looking. I did take into consideration the titanium dioxide that some use for sunscreen in certain foundations, but I just assumed it would just melt into my skin. No, ma'am. Its nothing like Colorstay, which I made the mistake of getting a shade too dark for me but was perfect in every way otherwise. I guess I'm back to CS now and mixing two shades to get my perfect match. Back to Ulta it goes! I will say this, the only saving grace was the pump - now if CS had that, it'd be awesome. Get on that, Revlon.

on 6/26/2013 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation, I will go as far to say that this is the best drugstore foundation I have tried. Got lucky and got this at 75% off. Price is a bit high for a drugstore product at retail ($14.95 here) but works just as well as pricier department store brands. I have extremely oily skin. This product went on very smoothly, blended easily and wore beautifully all day. Has a light luminizing sort of finish that really blurs and covers imperfections without globbing on product. It is not so noticeable that you shine like a greaseball, even with my oily skin, just a healthy glow. Looks like a photoshopped version of your skin. The pump makes application quick and easy. I just hope the top comes off so I can use all of the remaining product the pump can't reach! A little goes a long way. The sunscreen is always a plus, but do not ever use foundation as a sole source of sun protection for your face- you'd have to apply like 1/5 of the bottle to get the labeled level of protection. Love this product!

on 6/25/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

omg this made me break out so bad with only one use. if you are acne prone then stay away.