November 22, 2014 | 1713 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Skincaremaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is now my Holy Grail powder. I have this in both translucent, shimmer and corrective yellow. I love them all for different purposes.

I have an empty powder container that I put in 1/2 colorless and 1/2 yellow powder. That's my basic setting powder. I have warm, fair skin and having a touch of the yellow is perfect for my skin tone.

I have another empty powder container that I put in 2 parts translucent to 1 part shimmer. The shimmer alone is too shimmery, but when it's been diluted with 2 parts regular translucent powder, it's lovely for when I want a more shimmery powder look.

This is the most affordable dupe to the other HD powders out there. When considering the quality/price ratio, this wins hands down. Highly recommended.

TIP: With this powder, less is definitely more. The translucent can def. leave you looking too pale if you use too much, especially for darker skin. If you have warm, fair-med skin, try splitting the translucent with the corrective yellow.

I don't use powder puff- that deposits too much on the skin. I lightly use a powder brush.

If you have VERY oily skin like I do, You might want to lightly use regular powder and just finish off with this to give the soft focus airbrush finish.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Catty414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder! It's texture is really soft and it feels really nice on the skin. Two things you should be aware of though!: it tends to wash out tan/darker complexions if too much is used and the packaging is a pain to deal with. I mostly use it under my eyes to brighten up the area and then apply a tiny amount to the rest of my face. If I go overboard I usually set it with a matte bronzer or a darker powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by dharsea

When I first bought this, I didn't really have high hopes for it since it was so cheap. Turns out, I really enjoy having it. Made my skin look flawless, smooth, and silky. A little bit goes a long way, and if you use too much, it leaves you looking washed out. I recommend not taking the entire sticker off the holes or else you'll have all the fine powder sitting in the lid.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this powder but I hate it!!! It broke me out and leaves my skin looking white and dull. I hate it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't really want to dish out $36 for the MUFE one, so I bought this for $6. It does work well, but that's about all I can say. It leaves a slight white cast and shows off peach fuzz, but it sets my foundation wonderfully and is very soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by samanthaalexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product for me. I have very dry skin but yet love to set my makeup to give it more lasting power; this product allows me to do so without drying out my skin. It never cakes if I accidentally apply too much. This powder has other uses besides setting makeup: it's great for creating a lip stain out of your favorite lipstick or increase lash volume. Lipstick has *literally* lasted overnight with this setting powder (on a bold, red lip too)! I've used this on friends and all of them have gone out and purchased for themselves. I've had mind for a few months and I don't even notice a dent in the amount of product (despite spilling all the time because I'm messy!).

I know some people have compared it to MUFE's HD powder, but this is BETTER. I tried that powder and it dried me out and gave my skin a funny grey color - this does neither of those things and it's a much, much better value.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

About a week ago, I spied this in the bottom of my "forgotten, tossed-out makeup" drawer. My first go with this powder was somewhat awkward; I piled it on and turned into a ghost. So into the drawer it went.
But recently I've been toying with these "rejects" that have found their way into said drawer, and I figured I out to give ELF's powder one more shot. I applied my foundation and setting powder, then proceeded to take a minuscule amount, intending to use this as a finishing powder.
The result had me questioning why I gave this up in the first place. The trick is to use a small amount and buff into the skin (I use ELF's studio kabuki for that, also recommend). The result is softening any harsh makeup lines, I can't explain it, my face just looks finished with this on. What amazed me what that it didn't look cakey. A $6 powder that doesn't cake? Hooray!!!
The packaging is rather clunky. It's so easy to get out more than you need. And be careful not to spill, unless you want your friends to think you're a cocaine addict.
Still, it's lovely and I will definetly repurchase. Makes me wonder what other rejected products could become favorites with something so simple as a different application.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by lukivo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS STUFF! When I apply my foundation, my skin looks OK, but then after I apply this high-def powder, it looks flawless! This gives you a nice matte look, yet a bit of nice shimmer :) The only thing I wish is that they could figure out better packaging. It's a mess to travel with

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I really wanted to try Make Up For Ever High Definition Powder, but it was way too expensive. So I found e.l.f.'s version at Wal-Mart, and at $3, decided I might as well try it (what did I have to lose?) I tried it the next day and loved it! It made my face look flawless, and my face in my wedding pictures looked great! Inexpensive AND great quality?? A++ !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

3 bucks for a big container of this stuff? I'd pay five times that! This powder is THE best I've ever tried, it's so extremely soft and I get so many compliments when I wear it. It's great for oily skin or any skin type! Oh my goodness I literally could not love it any more.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No