August 20, 2014 | 1940 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by samanthaalexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product for me. I have very dry skin but yet love to set my makeup to give it more lasting power; this product allows me to do so without drying out my skin. It never cakes if I accidentally apply too much. This powder has other uses besides setting makeup: it's great for creating a lip stain out of your favorite lipstick or increase lash volume. Lipstick has *literally* lasted overnight with this setting powder (on a bold, red lip too)! I've used this on friends and all of them have gone out and purchased for themselves. I've had mind for a few months and I don't even notice a dent in the amount of product (despite spilling all the time because I'm messy!).

I know some people have compared it to MUFE's HD powder, but this is BETTER. I tried that powder and it dried me out and gave my skin a funny grey color - this does neither of those things and it's a much, much better value.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

About a week ago, I spied this in the bottom of my "forgotten, tossed-out makeup" drawer. My first go with this powder was somewhat awkward; I piled it on and turned into a ghost. So into the drawer it went.
But recently I've been toying with these "rejects" that have found their way into said drawer, and I figured I out to give ELF's powder one more shot. I applied my foundation and setting powder, then proceeded to take a minuscule amount, intending to use this as a finishing powder.
The result had me questioning why I gave this up in the first place. The trick is to use a small amount and buff into the skin (I use ELF's studio kabuki for that, also recommend). The result is softening any harsh makeup lines, I can't explain it, my face just looks finished with this on. What amazed me what that it didn't look cakey. A $6 powder that doesn't cake? Hooray!!!
The packaging is rather clunky. It's so easy to get out more than you need. And be careful not to spill, unless you want your friends to think you're a cocaine addict.
Still, it's lovely and I will definetly repurchase. Makes me wonder what other rejected products could become favorites with something so simple as a different application.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by lukivo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS STUFF! When I apply my foundation, my skin looks OK, but then after I apply this high-def powder, it looks flawless! This gives you a nice matte look, yet a bit of nice shimmer :) The only thing I wish is that they could figure out better packaging. It's a mess to travel with

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I really wanted to try Make Up For Ever High Definition Powder, but it was way too expensive. So I found e.l.f.'s version at Wal-Mart, and at $3, decided I might as well try it (what did I have to lose?) I tried it the next day and loved it! It made my face look flawless, and my face in my wedding pictures looked great! Inexpensive AND great quality?? A++ !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

3 bucks for a big container of this stuff? I'd pay five times that! This powder is THE best I've ever tried, it's so extremely soft and I get so many compliments when I wear it. It's great for oily skin or any skin type! Oh my goodness I literally could not love it any more.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by xoxomads

Great product! Leaves your skin silky while absorbing any excess oil instantly. The only downside is that you must be extremely careful because if you use too much your skin will be left with a white washed out look. I also sprinkle this in the roots of my hair and brush through on second day hair, it soaks up all the excess oil and leaves it looking fresh again. It works better than any dry shampoo I've ever used!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really become to like this product mostly because I finally figured a good way to use it for my skin tone. I have olive/tan skin and applying this over makeup would just leave me with a grey/white cast over my skin which would make me and my makeup look odd.

When I use only ELF Primer, powder foundation, and concealer I put this on AFTER the primer and BEFORE the powder foundation. That way the powder foundation helps sink it into the skin and covers up the white/grey color left.

When I use liquid fdnt (or BB cream), concealer, and powder fdnt I'll put this on AFTER the liquid fdnt and BEFORE the powder fdnt, again, so the fdnt powder can set the ELF HD powder into the skin and cover the white/grey color.

Seems to work best for me this way. This combined with the ELF primer keeps me looking matte mostly all day. I would definitley repurchase. I like that the jar has a sifter but don't peel the plastic sticker all the way off or you'll have a mess each time you go to open it. Peel it about half way, or a little less and dump what you need out on to the top part of the jar and swirl your brush into it and tap off the excess. I use a flat top brush and I find that really pushes it in.

I found this at my local Target for about $6 bucks I believe. Definitley a good price for a lot of product.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by whitakra

I am surprised it took me so long to find this powder. I usually wore the Physicians Formula airbrushed powder, and even that (as well as it works) doesn't work like this bad boy. I can't see ANY of my lines anymore. I have a major forehead crease, and two lines down the side of my nose, and with this powder (dusted over CC 3-1 foundation) my face looks flawless, but still looks like skin. It mattifies, but seems to preserve the slightly dewy look...it's amazeballs.

The cons? The damned container. So bulky and annoying. They really could use a new, smaller sifter for this. Otherwise? Love it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by karabasheva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using the HD powder for two months now and I really like it. I don't have really oily skin, but I like the mate effect it gives my face.
I use a face brush with really soft bristles and the result is great.
If you put too much product it will make your face pale, but if you put just the right amount it's OK.
I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Amberleeann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder, no matter what i used my face felt caked on when i applied powder, but not with this product. I bought this product not knowing how to use it. I would apply my foundation and then try serval different ways to use this. Well here's the tip. Use the powder puff they give you. Just apply the powder to your face by dabbing it onto your "greasey" areas of your face. Don't swipe your face with the powder puff or else your other makeup will come off. After your done dabbing, use any brush to remove any extra product. But, I do have to add that you should not throw this product in your bag and go because it will become unscrewed.