Philosophy Kiss Me lip Balm

3.5

on 11/23/2003 2:41:00 AM

I love this lip balm in the tube form - it is a constant in my purse! It moisturizes really well, has a nice light scent, and the tube will last me forever. Kiss Me gives a nice natural sheen to the lips.

I recommend the tube over the pot - I had the pot version before, but it just isn't as convenient.

This is nothing but citrus scented Vaseline in a tube. It's heavy, greasy, and feels nasty on. It has a funky scent and a weird taste. The tube has a flat tip so it is hard to apply this balm to your lips. It's not even the most moisturizing balm I've used. I just don't care for it at all. Buy Burt's Bees instead.

on 11/4/2003 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ack! I'm sure that this stuff moisturizes well (it's loaded with Vaseline which is an awesome skin protector), but I couldn't use it long enough to reap any benefits... this lip balm smells terrible! I girl mentioned a "Band-Aid" scent below... and she is right on the money. Ugh!

on 11/2/2003 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm really picky about lip treatments/lip balms, but this stuff is great! It's not too greasy and it doesn't end up chapping your lips more .. this stuff is great! I would definately buy this again.

on 10/29/2003 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just received the Holiday Kisses set and LOVE them all. The sugar cookie is sheer on and smells yummy. The red is citrusy and sheer red on. The pink is very sheer pink and tastes like peppermint...this is my favorite...a half hour later it still feels like I just had a breath mint :) This was my first Kiss Me purchase and it won't be my last, although these will last a LONG time, they are huge pots!

on 10/12/2003 7:29:00 PM

I was not impressed. Cute idea and packaging, but that does not cover up for a mediocre product. With the price charged, I expected much better than Vaseline with a catchier name. I wish this had more to offer! It offers just average protetion and has a Va

on 10/20/2003 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this gloss. I bought it because the smell reminded me of something i had when i was a kid - but can't remember what. Kind of expensive at AU$24, but you do get a large pot which lasts for ages. Gloss is jelly-like in texture, gives a slightly matt shine and Kiss Me Red gives lips a little light pink colour. Feels lucious on.

on 10/18/2003 10:51:00 PM

I can not live without this product. First of all, if you have enough on that you can smell it, you are using too much. I barely touch the surface of the balm, and it's all i need to keep my lips feeling soft all day. The generous tub lasts me over a year! Lipstick and glosses go on beautifully over it, as well. I recommend this to everyone. It's hands down the best lip product I've ever purchased.

on 10/18/2003 3:28:00 PM

This smells and tastes bad, I agree. My biggest beef with this, however, is the high concentration of petrolatum which seems like it may irritate some people's skin. This has a neat consistency when it's chilled though, like a thick jelly, probobly b/c of the above mentioned petrolatum. As for moisturizing, if my lips are healthy, they stay healthy when I use this. If they are chapped, this does not help them much at all. I have red, which is actually very sheer pink that I have to look at really hard to notice any tint at all while wearing. It's not a terrible product, but nothing special and not something I'd repurchase considering there are so many great lip balms available. No SPF either.

on 10/6/2003 7:03:00 PM

When I decided to use this up by putting it on at night before bed...my husband asked me what smelled like a bandaid...a bloody bandaid! I'm sorry, but it does now that he said that!

Popular Lip Treatments