September 21, 2014 | 1273 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by OlgaCast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin (and am breakout prone) and honestly it works great for me. I have tried soo many primers. I mean you name it I have tried it. This is just as good as some very expensive products (even better than a lot of them). It costs so little and I say just give it a try. If you do not like it then just return it. Wal mart has awesome return policy. It did not break me out at all. Everyone's skin is different so it may work for you, but it may not. Overall I recommend it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ely617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer really does make my foundation go on so smooth! Normally I don't even put foundation on my nose because my pores there are so big and clogged, but this smooths out everything and hides the large pores around my nose and cheeks. I haven't noticed a difference in the lasting time of my foundation, but I don't normally pay attention to that anyway, so I just can't say. I also don't think it cuts back my oil very noticeably, but I think it's worth it for the smoothness alone. It doesn't feel greasy unless you use too much, and you have to be careful because a little goes a looong way! And it's not that it's oily, it's just so smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by knics33

This is by far my favorite drugstore primer. For reference, my favorite primers are Korres Silicone Free primer and the Tarte Clean Slate primer (in third place, Hard Candy Sheer Envy). Yes, the consistency is kinda weird/can seem "gross", but it blends out like a dream and really helps my foundation application, skin tone, and overall feel of my face. It's almost like there is a silicone free primer (the ones that look like a face lotion/aren't the clear gel type) and a regular silicone primer blended together in the tube, which is where the odd consistency comes from. I think of it as if you are getting best of both worlds with this primer. Also, this has NOT broken me out! This is by far the best drugstore primer that I have tried and will *definitely* repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cony17

I was very excited about this product at first, but after using it a couple if times it broke me out like crazy. Oily all over and sticky... Felt kind of rubbish on my face and didn't absorb quickly. In my opinion it would be great for people with extremely dry skin , those with combination and oily should avoid at all times... :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mariahlynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first primer that I have ever tried, and I personally love it. I onlu have to use a pea size amount and I'm good to go. It makes my skin feel so smooth and gives me a nice matte look...I don't even need to wear foundation over it!

I do plan on trying other primers once I run out of this one, just to see how they compare to the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer...but I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like Hard Candy as a concept, but the actual products seem more like trophy brides than success. Pretty, but poor delivery. It was too slick, and it didn't make it easier to apply makeup, or fill in my ice pick scars. (Why teenage me, Why!?)

I tried it for a while, but it made my face oily, and greasy, and it made my makeup patchy, and too sheer.

It's a thumbs down on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by witchymissy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally liked this product but that was probably because it was my first primer.

There seems to be a very fine line between using just enough or too much. If I use too much, I end up with oily slick skin. If I use too little, it does nothing.

In all honesty, I haven't noticed a difference in my foundation when using this versus a moisturizer.

Also, like another reviewer said, mine has also separated but luckily I can shake mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can use this if I use just a little bit of it on select parts of my face. If I use too much it will definitely break me out and get way too oily on my face. I wish there was a "maybe" purchase button... cuz I really don't know if I would or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by bebefrancais

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very let down by this product. It felt terrible on my skin, like I put Crisco on it. I let it set on my face for awhile before I put my foundation on and it felt some better. I didn't see a change with foundation application, or a change in my skin. And honestly it made my foundation wear off, almost completely off. Normally by the end of the day my foundation won't look so great, but never wore off. Wtf. And to top it off I got a million little red bumps on my chin, luckily it cleared up in a couple days.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by SunshineIsMyWorld

I was really in need of a primer, and I was not willing to fork over 30+ dollars at Sephora, so I took a trip down to the drugstore one day on the hunt for one.
I bought this one on a whim, not knowing what to expect, but heck-- the thing was 6 dollars, which you really can't beat for a makeup primer! So I went home and added this to my makeup collection, and I was excited to try it out next morning. >
No, this did not break me out but I can say that it definitely made my oily skin even more oily. I'm serious. By science class, you could probably see your reflection on my forehead, and I'm pretty sure this primer was to blame.
This didn't do a great job at keeping the makeup on either, because by the 2nd or 3rd hour or so, the makeup on my forehead and nose would be completely gone. (Making me feel extremely ripped off.)
Would be great if you had dry skin, I would definitely try it out if you want to try a primer that's easy on your wallet. It also makes your skin feel nice and soft, which is good :)
But I didn't like it, and I would not repurchase again. (To you oily skinned gals, I'm using Sephora's Anti-Shine Primer and it's pretty dang awesome! :D) continued >>