April 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Treatments - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by blast56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was almost out of my Moroccan Oil brand and bought this on a whim at Sally's. I was hoping to save a little money but found out quickly that you get what you pay for. I used a smaller amount than what I would usually use of my Moroccan Oil and it made my hair a greasy mess! I think the amount of argan oil is minuscule in this brand since it is listed near the bottom. Lesson learned!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by bisco

First off, my hair is...a pain in my arse. It's fine, medium thickness, slightly dry at the top, and wavy all over, neck length. It's also color treated, but I rarely keep up with highlights or dye. Anyway, dry spots at the top, can be unruly. I wanted to buy the name brand of Moroccan oil but found myself to be turned off by the price. After research and comparison, I found this to be just as good or the same. So I drove to my local Sally's, got the club card, and walked out with riveting reds, the argan oil restorative mask, and oil itself. Showered that night with the deep conditioner, and soaked my hair in the oil at night. My hair was curly and shiny, but bed head. Still nicer than usual though. Took a shower, used the mask and oil again, blew dry it and WOW, it was soooooooooo nice. Straight, shiny, sleek, and just healthy looking. When I went to work I wasn't expecting anyone to notice, but my managers shot some nice compliments over my hair. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by lburns2

Love this serum! I use a small pea size in my hair before drying and it keeps the frizzes at bay and makes my hair shine. I have light reddish blond hair and it can look very dry and dull at times. This really helps that out. Oh and it smells great just like the rest of the line. Just don't use too much or you will get greasy. Edit: I forgot to add that I also add this to my hair dye when mixing and helps make it even more shiny and less damaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by TBenjamin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. Please do not buy into the whole packaging thing b/c this product is a diamond in the ruff ! I buy it at sally's beauty supply. It's inexpensive, but works well ! The smell is intoxicating ! It smell like egyptian musk only sweeter ! Al thought the product is a serum consistency, it covers like a bonnet ! Glides on silky smooth, a little goes a long way ! I have 3b-4a curls and waves, so it does work in kinky curly hair ! My hair is super moisturized, soft, and shiny ! It is now part of my hair routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetlily2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! I have used the Moroccan Oil brand and this smells the same and does the same thing, and is 1/4 the price, so yay! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you use anything more than a dime size amount for your whole head (and I have ALOT of hair), it will look greasy. It is difficult to control how much pours out of the bottle. I really won't recommend this on Asian hair. I thought that this would help with my daughters knots and tangles that she sometimes gets. It really doesn't. The shine that it adds is minimal. The smell is an overbearing musk. It does fade in about 10 min after application. I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I was pleasently suprised by this. I really like it. I was previously using CHI silk infusion but it just wasn't doing the job at smoothing my hair anymore. However this is very good at smoothing the frizz on the ends of my hair without weighing it down. I like the smell of it too, although it doesn't linger on my hair. This definetly adds a lot of shine and softness to my blonde frizzy hair. Yes its loaded with cones but my hair likes cones so this product works wonders for me. I use about a nickel sized amount on the ends of my hair before I blow dry or air dry it. I'd recommend it as a smoothing serum to anyone with thin frizzy hair. I think I paid $7 for this at sallys. I dont know if I would repurchase, I'll have to see how my hair is looking when I finish the bottle. This will definetly last a long time considering how little I need to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by marynooreviewsonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely just another -cone shine product. That said, it's not bad as those kinds of products go. I mix it in with a little generic Biosilk serum and apply to towel dried hair. It helps keep my hair from frizzing and keeps it shiny.

The smell isn't so strong, and I definitely don't notice it after it's on my hair. The bottle is annoying, I wish it had a better top and didn't leak when I already have stuff in my hands.

I was suckered into the product because of the current argan oil trend. I've since done more research about argan oil products and probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Seriously people...this is just another dimethicone (shine) product. I got this @ Sally's beauty supply , it was 7.00. I like this shine product because it smells soooo good. Sort of like vanilla musk and every time I put it on my cat loves the smell of my hands afterwards! lol This does not have much argan oil in it it's the 3rd to the last ingredient on the list. I love the way it calms the frizzies and takes away static and makes the ends look really smooth and shiny...as though you just had your hair freshly cut. My hair seems to absorb the product pretty well and it does not take much to make it look great. I will def buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Negatives: 1) it really stinks. It smells sickeningly sweet and even when used very sparingly I smell it all day. It makes me nauseous. Some people seem to love the smell - to each her own! 2) after application my hair tends to clump a little and look oily -- and that is with only enough product to coat my hands and I have long hair. After some time (like overnight) it does look good. I think I don't have the right hair type for this.