July 29, 2014 | 892 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After seeing a NARS SA with gorgeous skin I found out she was wearing NARS Loose Powder. In fact she reapplied it in front of me and i was stunned at how beautiful this made her skin look. I bought Eden on the spot and now I have the same effect...great looking skin. I love this powder in every way. It is nothing and i mean nothing like other loose powders. It is more like a veil on the skin, like high definition. Somehow it seems to blur imperfections without any talcy cakiness with a finish that is every woman's dream. The packaging is less than perfect in that it spills and gets messy but problem solved transferring the product to a sifter jar. i still can't believe i paid 47 bucks for a face powder but dammit I'm worth it!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2007 9:57:00 AM More reviews by kikky

Just wanna thank every reviewers, now this is my HG. I'm fair skinned asian using Beach. Have been disappointed with other brands eg. Cliniques powder is way to pinky/peachy, Bobbi brown although it's yellow base but the powder particles are so fine that my face becomes oily in only few hours.

I use puff for the application after Diorskin foundation and bobbi brown concealer under dark circles. With facial blotter once in the afternoon, my face remains bright until after work. Love Nars powder very very much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by hollygolightlyyyyyy

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if you haven't really played around with other loose powders, then you'll most likely take this one for granted. For me I started on drug store back in middle school/freshman year. after that my mother started to take me to clinque and estee lauder, and for the end of my high school days i swapped to laura mercier and trish mcevoy. now with more make up splurges under my belt, I am an avid fan of Nars, Laura Mercier and CHanel to name a few. But I never tried loose powder till Nars. It really does melt into skin, a fellow BEACHer. I was told to use desert, but the national nars MA said beach so of course I went with his reccomendation. I love male makeup artists, they get so excited during the whole process, and are just so lively and upbeat. Because I had gone to nothing to the best make up wise, I took this powder for granted. I believe nothing will hold back my shinyness, but this is the next best thing.

theres TONS of product in this. and its sleek and modern packaging is nice, but with all loose powders it could be better. I roll the powder on with the puff as instructed, and then buff it off. I love this on my face and under my eyes with secret brightning powder from LM.

i use this with SKII foundation, but want to try with LM or CHanel foudnation. will report back when i do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by klprice1

EDIT: Cornsilk by Sally Hansen is way better. It doesn't cake, it lasts longer, and the color is perfectly translucent. it's WAYY cheaper too.

Man, I love this stuff. I have it in Eden. It is very finely milled and it doesn't ever look cakey on me. There's also a TON of powder that comes with this, so the price of 33 bucks isn't bad at all. It lasted me about a month a half and I usually use up powder super fast for some weird reason. Also, makeup lasts INFINITELY with this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

The SA picked Eden for me and it's way too dark for my light skin with yellow undertones. My face is now way darker than my neck. I hope I can still return it since I opened the box and removed the sticker already. It has a soft texture that is nice though. I wonder if Snow will work for me, but it looks so white in the jar.

Also, it doesn't keep away oils enough for my oily skin. It also makes my skin feel hot when I wear it. Maybe I'm sensitive to talc. Still a good powder to try in my opinion though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 2:21:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

This is my new found HG loose powder in Beach! To begin I am MAC NW30 SFF, NC300 Hyper Real, EL Double Wear Ivory Beige, LM Moisturizing Foundation ~ Sunny Beige, LM TM ~ Sand :) I have always set my foundation w/ a powder of somesort, I feel a light dusting of a powder after foundation not only "sets" your foundation, but helps your other MU to stay in place. I have tried my fair share of powders which include: BE Mineral Veil, EL Double Wear powder, MAC loose blot, MAC pressed blot, MAC Mineralized~ Med, MAC Hyper Real Pressed, Guerlain Meteorites ~Beige Chic and countless other's I can't remember at the moment. They all seemed to work well,but to me there was something missing...that flawless airbrushed polished look. So one night I was reading the reviews for loose powder here on MUA and discovered NARS loose powder had an amazing 93% rating! I already use NARs blushes and love it, so I figured the loose powder would work just as well if not better. I went to Sephora and the SA matched me perfectly to BEACH, it literally melted into my skin...I was sold and forked over the $33 + tax for it. I am glad I did as the next morning, I did my usual routine: wash face, moisturize, primer, foundation, and then my NARS Beach powder. The powder itself comes in a squared black container w/a puff and a sifter, I don't like puffs so I put that aside and placed the sifter inside instead. I took my MAC 150 brush and dabbed it lightly into the container, I then turned the lid of the container upside down and swirled, tapped, and dusted the powder all over my face **remembering my BE days**...OMG, I could immediately see the difference with this powder than any of the other ones I have tried. Just like in Sephora, it melted into my skin, setting my foundation so perfectly, it literally looks like I was airbrushed! It doesn't look too powdery and it didn't settle into any fine lines I may have **35 yrs old ** I finshed off my MU and spritzed my MAC Fix+ and I was set for the day. It felt feathery light, not heavy and cakey, and it also felt like it has a mattifying property to it. I couldn't help but touch my face throughout the day :) Even though I do not have oily skin **occassionally my nose will shine** I looked matte and polished all day long. I did not need to touch-up anytime, and by the evening, it still looked fresh. I was worried that I might break-out with this powder as previously I had tried NARS primer, and it broke me out, but I've been using this powder for 3 weeks now,and no break-outs! I truly am amazed at how this powder works, and even though IMO the $33 is rather high, I would definitely purchase this again but probably won't need to as you do get alot of product for your $$! This is my new HG for loose powders! Yay!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

I tried LM translucent before this, and i must say, this is far better than LM's! Even though LM was supposed to be translucent, I just looked pale! After reading some reviews here, I picked up the beach color and it blended into my light asian skin very well. I am not sure whether this controls my oil better than LM though so I will update if I know the answer soon. Thanks girls for recommending this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2007 5:14:00 AM More reviews by lifeviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first I wasn't really impressed by this loose powder. I thought it's just so-so, then I tried others from samples or friends and realized this is a great product. It's quite translucent, set makeup very well, take down shine reasonably well, and doesn't give me a powdery look. I actually like the packaging, although it's kind of inconvenient I think it looks very sophisticated, and there is a lot of product in there to make up for the price. In general I really like NARS products and this one is no exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by allwedontsay

greatest powder of all time. i love that it doesnt sit on top of my skin and look obvious that i'm wearing powder. i have pretty fair skin and i bought this in flesh. it doesnt change color and you get a ton of powder for the price. i wish it wouldnt have taken me so long to find this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 1:00:00 AM More reviews by gina66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this after having run out of LM translucent powder. After reading the reviews, I thought I'd give it a try. So far, so good. I'm an NC20 and I got this in Eden. It seems to be a good color match. It hasn't turned orange on me like most powders do, and it really looks natural. There's no "powder" look to my skin like I'm used to, and it doesn't accentuate my dry patches, which is great! It just makes me look like I have good skin. I do have to blot after a few hours, but my skin is very oily and I usually have to blot anyway. And once I do blot, my skin looks good again. I have to agree with others about the awful packaging. I just cleaned out my old LM container and transferred this powder to it. I'll definitely repurchase.