September 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a foundation meant for brown people! Or really warm olive skin but seriously its ridiculous the number of foundations I have tried -dior, chanel, estee lauder, lancome, guerlain, covergirl (wayyy back in the day) but none of them are 'warm' enough they either dull out my skintone or make me wish I was pasty and cool toned I mean I'm not super dark but with the number of failed foundation matches it makes one almost want to give up! The beauty of having olive skin is the sun-kissed look year around but honestly the novelty wears off when you tan so easily and your once-perfect match no longer fits it SUCKS its easier finding a new dude than hg foundation..Anyways on to the foundation.
I heard the hype about nars and loved their blushes and I have to say the foundation lives up to the nars name. I tried both sheer glow and matte and while I love sheer in the summertime I 'glow' plenty on my own. The sheer glow lasted a good 5 hrs with powder but the matte wow that lasted me from 7 am till 9pm (work then drinks) with the tiniest bit of shine not oily by any means more natural than anything. I loved it now the texture of the foundation is very liquid-y/runny (water like almost) I love the fact I don't feel like I have goop on my face. Blending is pretty easy but I'm a makeup whore so its based on ones comfort zone I suppose because you do need a quick hand as it dries fast. The color was a dead on match I was wary at first because I don't have a yellow undertone (really why is it when makeup brands come out with foundations for different ethnicities they all assume we ALL have yellow undertones?!) but anyways nars has turmeric extract so its actually good for your skin and thats why the foundation tends to oxidize orange-ish sort of which works for me. Initially early summer I was syracuse but now from being outdoors so much I match to cadiz. And it matches so perfectly that it looks like I have nothing on which is what I was looking for. The coverage is sheer to medium but I literally use a tiny drop after my primer and blend with a brush and I am good to go. But bewarned the bottle does NOT have a pump which is very very irritating for someone that likes to throw on a splash of color and be out the door quick.
Overall, this is a must buy to those who are tired of searching for their hg and have warm undertones. Plus nars has kickass names I thought I was imagining things when I read gobi as one of the foundation names as thats punjabi for 'cauliflower' and one of my friends who pushed me to try it cause she works for them (btw thanks nina) told me its intentional. anyways try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by samanthaes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation!!! I don't know why the bad reviews. I think most foundations I buy are around the price point, so I think you get what you pay for. I don't want to break out I want to look natural and I want coverage. This foundation does all that. YES i can buy MAC for about 12 dollars less, but I Have never found a good match and in some I am NC, and for Studio Fix, I am NW so I have to always wonder. This I wear Syracuse, which I thought would be way too dark for my NC30 skin, but it is perfect..??? THe yellow undertones aren't too much but make it look natural. I will buy this again. The pump I was given one from the sample bottles, but I still haven't used it, I like to use a little on the back of my hand warm up the foundation and press into my skin. IT covers, but doesn't at all look cakey. I don't use a brush, it doesn't work with this. I set with a bronzer and I am good.. All day!!! I say try it. Expensive, maybe but no compared to anything with quality...:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by princessa00

How do I explain this.. this foundation doesn't exactly have a "second skin" finish, but you can tell it's high end. You skin does look made up, but in the same way a celebrity's skin would look on the red carpet. It's a nice satin finish, without being a flat matte. There's a subtle glow in the right places. This doesn't stay matte all day on my combo skin, but it holds up better than my regular Tarte tinted moisturizer and I can handle blotting and powdering once or twice. This foundation CAN highlight some dry patches and peach fuzz, but I only notice this sometimes.. so it probably depends on the lighting. One thing to keep in mind is that Sheer Matte's shade selection is NOT parallel to Sheer Glow's. Be careful when choosing a color. It's hard to find a shade match for my complexion, a TOTALLY neutral light olive, but Punjab works fine enough in the summer. The fact that there is no match close enough to my coloring stops me from giving this a perfect rating, I'd love to incorporate it into my rotation of daily foundations but can't. :( Still, it's a product worth trying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product today from sample I got at Sephora and I was really surprised how easy it was to apply it. Really smooth and nice. Also they have many colors to match, mine is Deauville (or Fiji, if I'm more tanned). It woked well, but at the end of the day it was little caky and coming off when touched but well.. its almost as good as Revlon Colorstay. Only it was much easier to take it off. I will give some more tries and update later.
P.S. I love the bottle. I am so tired of Revlon bottle. My other concern is price - CAD 55+tax.
Update: Have been using this for almost a week and have to say - this foundations is NOT for hot summer days.. My make up is just melting off... and its impossible to wear sunglasses.. All make up around my nouse is gone.. yuck.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: So I've had this foundation since the end of May and I'm 2/3 of the way through the bottle (I use it every day). I don't think I'll be buying this again. I hate that there is no pump. The product is starting to get a little, what's the word, thick? There is no way I'm buying a new bottle when I have one third left so I will use it up but I find that, if I had the pump, I wouldn't have this problem. Since I'm in Canada, there is no way I am going to pay $5 US plus shipping for something I think should come with the bottle. It's too bad because I love the colour selection that Nars has!

I bought this foundation in Mont Blanc a couple of months ago. I really like it. It is light but it does even out my skin tone. I think if one has a lot of blemishes/marks to cover this may be too sheer. It doesn't aggravate my sensitive skin and seems to stay on pretty much all day. I don't re-apply my foundation. I'm happy because I don't look like I have a mask on my face!

The only negative is the crappy packaging. It's hard to get the product out and I think it's silly to have to purchase a pump separately and on-line at NARS only no less. Despite that, I will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

My goodness the staying power of this foundation is non-existent. Maybe it is due to the weather but every time I wear this foundation, it slips off my face and I am using the NARS Pro-Prime primer. All that is left is the concealer and without the foundation, I look like a splotchy fool. I will use up but I will not repurchase this. And that hurts my heart to type that because I love the NARS line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for Sheer Matte. Siberia looked like it would be a good match for my very pale skin, and it is. Regretfully, that's really the only good thing I can say about this product. I understand that "sheer" is in the name of this foundation, but it literally gave me NO coverage. Like zero. Tinted moisturizer evens my skintone out more. Also, the package is completely awful. Even if the foundation worked, it would take all day to get out enough to actually cover my face. Finally, it smells weird. All in all, I am wholly disappointed in this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by HangBone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, and I'm doing my best to keep it under control. I've used NARS sheer matte in hope that it will keep the shine away, but it made my skin more oily. After only a couple of hours, it looked cakey and made my cheek pores look bigger. It felt heavy and gross on my skin. I really really wanted this foundation to work because it blended beautifully to my skin, but I can't wear it for longer than an hour.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by cavalli

I know the word SHEER is applied in the name of the product, so I shouldn't be too surprised but there was absolutely NO COVERAGE at all. Sure, I know it won't cover any blemishes but I expected it to at least even out my skin tone. It didn't do anything at all. And don't even think about applying this with a foundation brush. It leaves behind streaks. I used my Beauty Blender and still had no luck. I don't know... I find a lot of NARS products are beyond overpriced and overhyped. Stick to MAC instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's summer & i want a foundation that can 1) control oiliness & 2) stay on my face. this product stays on my face like a charm without looking like a greaseball. it's good. the only 2 things i have to complain about is that IT IS hard to blend once it's on your face, & it can look cakey if you put too much. coverage wise is medium. not bad. but i wouldn't buy this again for $40. i much prefer my L'oreal true match foundation over this & thats only $8 at Target.