Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 3/19/2012 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty good foundation with medium coverage & a nice finish. For me it wore pretty well & stayed on for about 48hrs with a nice finish (I have normal to dry skin). Its not quite matte but not dewy either & I like that it doesn't have spf as I prefer being able to not have it for times when I might be in pics as to avoid the weird gray cast spf can give you. As everyone else has said a pump would be nice but its not a huge prob for me. Overall I would buy again except for one huge problem - the color selection is awful! I have pale cool/pink toned skin & the lightest shade (porcelain ivory) is waaay to dark for me & looks hideously orange on my skin. In the bottle it looks decently matched when held next to my skin, but the actual makeup is some strange orange color that I can't image working for anybody's skintone. I do like the foundation & if there was a better color match I would buy it again, but until then I will be returning this & trying something else.

Ugh, I really wanted to like this product! It leaves you with a sort of satin finish, but more on the dewy side. I have oily combination skin. I thought this was gonna be perfect for my skin type! But this foundation doesn't make your face smooth. It emphisizes the bumps and hair on your face. Its really thick, thicker than revlon CS, and its super long (the packaging). Doesn't fit in my makeup bag.

on 3/16/2012 7:30:00 PM

Its okay, not great, not terrible. I bought the shade Cameo which didn't suit my cool-tone skin. It dries quickly so its hard to blend. Looks quite cakey in places and once its dried you can't build on it. It is full coverage though and does last on the face a long time. I just don't think it has a very nice or flattering finish which isn't exactly liquid to powder, but somehow still manages to look chalky.
Looks really bad on dry areas.
The texture does feel nice and creamy though. Pros and cons with this one. If it was £5 I'd say its not a bad cheap foundation, but its not really that cheap either.
Seems like the kind of thing that'd look good on someone who wants something long lasting for work, who has normal skin and just wants to even out skin tone and redness; but then if those were your needs, you wouldn't need a full coverage foundation.

on 3/13/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

On my second bottle, the first lasted me around 2-3 months, and price was about 15 euros in the Netherlands. It is the first ever foundation I've used so i am unable to compare, but so far i really like it! I apply with my fingers and it looks a bit caked on around the nose, but not so much that it looks horrible. I apply about a pump for my entire face. I take off my make up once i get home from school, and this foundation has lasted me that entire time. I play sports and get sweaty and it still looks good! An when i wash my face (with only water) it still doesnt come off! Throughout the day I think it sinks into all my pores and leaves them so noticable, which i dislike, and i feel as though my little spots (just lumps on my face, not like pimples) stand out. Needs to be touched up by midday as my faces gets oily around the tzone. I use a tissue and pat. However, the color matches me perfectly which is why I repurchased this again. The packaging is really good, it has a pump or hygeine and is in a glass bottle. Overall, I am so happy with this foundation and will keep repurchasing!

on 3/3/2012 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Well when MAC was out of thier Pro Longwear in NW45 I was desperate to have a long wear low transfer foundation. I have extremely dry skin so I was iffy about buying this foundation but I figured I could use my fix+ to remedy any drab finish.

My first problem was the color selection. The caramel color was too light and yellow and the cocoa was too dark. I brought both and decided to mix the two. The result of mixing was ok but the undertone was wrong. I wore it out and it looked decent after I used the fix+ to take away that "foundation" look. However it felt gross, thick, and heavy on my skin and I couldn't wait to go home to take it off.

I tried it again mixing both foundations and not using the fix+ but I looked fake almost like a mannequin. I'm going to stick to Maybelline's Fit Me which is much better color wise. It's also much cheaper.

on 2/27/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is my favority drugstore foundation. I wish it was a bit cheaper but other than that I have no complaints. It goes on great with an ecotools foundation brush and with your fingers. It does not streak or oxidize on my face. I am an NW35 and use Honey Beige. I have sensitive dry skin and I find that I can apply this at 6am and wear it through my work day. It has lasted over 16 hours on my face (not that I have wanted to have it on that long) and looked just wonderful. I have a hard time finding the perfect foundation but this is definitely my go to daily routine foundation.

on 2/26/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yet another foundation that breaks me out. Mind you I have VERY sensitive skin. I'm still on the search for something that won't break me out. Anyway, this foundation was very nice looking. I have dry skin but somehow it made me look more dewy in the light by the end of the day. So if you have oily skin i'm not sure if you'd like this although perhaps you could just set it with powder (which i dont because powders break me out like no tomorrow). I will say it does oxidize slightly on me but it wasn't anything major. The makeup in the bottle looks slightly paler and more yellow, but when you pour it out it looks darker with a peachy undertone (I'm NC20, I bought Sand Beige). Wish it could have worked for me but unfortunately it did not. It will be going back.

on 2/24/2012 3:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a great foundation! And what a bargain too. I have tried a zillion foundations,and have not been as near as happy with high end brands as I am with this foundation. It goes on smooth,covers really well with buildable cover if you need it. Looks natural on the skin but makes my red blotchy skin look flawless! I like that is is not drying or overly matt on my skin,but almost stays dewy looking. I love it! Such a bargain! I am now convinced that it is completely unnecessary to spend a fortune on a good foundation. Move over EL double wear..... Hello maybelline!

on 2/23/2012 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so far this is my favorite drugstore foundation. i have been using it for 4 months now and I love it!! it has great coverage, it blends nicely the shade i use is sand beige and i have never found a foundation that matched my skin better than this one! it gives a nice semi matte finish.

on 2/20/2012 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After reading so many rave reviews about this product I thought I'd give it a try, despite being wary of the shade range. The lightest shade was WAY too pink for me (I literally have no visible pink to my skin, just yellow/golden tones) but the second one looked like it had the right tones. I got it home and washed off my makeup to try it, only to discover that it was much, much too dark and orange on me. I don't know what I was thinking. When you're as pale as I am and foundation shopping is as hard for you as it is for me, you know that you sometimes have bouts of denial when choosing a shade. You cling to a tiny shard of hope, praying that it might actually work for you even though it's pretty obvious it won't. This was one of those moments. I would say it was basically the same as MAC's NC20, if not a tiny bit darker, and I'm an NC10-15. This would be a good shade for me when I have a tan, and I may give it another try at that point. It really did have a wonderful finish and great coverage. I was so disappointed that there was no color match for me.