October 21, 2014 | 2089 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lilpronoun

Amazing results! I've been using this product for two months now and my lashes are extremely longer and thicker. I had long lashes to begin with, but they were very sparse and thin looking. Now I have lashes in spots where there weren't any before and believe it or not, my lashes have also started to curl. Although I felt as though this didn't work too well on my brows, I am definitely excited about the results on my lashes!! Just be careful with the application, since I have noticed small little lashes around my eyes that need to be tweezed. If you are unwilling to pay for Latisse (which my sister uses and is happy with), or not willing to deal with possible side effects, I would highly recommend giving this a try. I purchased it on Amazon.com for much cheaper than Costco or Rite Aid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In a word: astonishing. I really wish I'd taken before and after pictures, because there is a remarkable difference in the length of my eyelashes after using this serum nightly for two months. No difference in thickness, but the difference in length is amazing. My lashes are (were) stick-straight, fairly short, and tended to droop with any kind of mascara. They're also nearly blonde, though my hair is light brown. So they tend to disappear and I've tried about every mascara on the list in hopes of giving me the "false eyelash" look without the hassle of applying false eyelashes. This absolutely did the trick. I had a little irritation the first few weeks, but now I have no problem at all. I've also been using Dior Lash Maximizer as a primer and the combination of my longer lashes and that primer make for lashes like I've never had before in my life. Worth every penny and then some. It really works!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Calianne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased Rapidlash one month ago & was hoping that I would have longer lashes by Christmas: absolutely NO difference in my lashes. I saw a Rapidlash before & after photo on this site and was amazed by the increased lash growth. Now, I am amazed that, for some reason, there was ZERO increased growth of my lashes. Since this is the second failed lash enhancer brand that I have purchased, I have now wasted over $100. in a failed effort to increase my eyelash growth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by KSAP

This is HG for me... it works! It comes in an eyeliner-type tube and is applied w/ a thin brush (like eyeliner). It's a clear medium-thick serum. When applied, I have not found that it runs easily, irritates my eyes and I haven't experienced any discoloration while using this product. AND it's more affordable than many of the other lash growth enhancers on the market.

I used this nightly for about three weeks before I noticed a marked improvement, then scaled back to every-other/third night and the results last. I have longer, thicker darker lashes. I use it on the top and bottom with marked improvement. One tube is supposed to be a month's supply. A tube lasts longer than that, for me (maybe b/c I started using it every-other/third night after the third week).

I can't compare this product to the other lash growth enhancers (in terms of effectiveness), as this is the only one I've tried. However, it is MUCH more affordable. I paid $35 for a tube on eBay.

If you are considering a lash growth enhancer and don't want to break the bank, this is a good start... it might become a HG for you, too!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Pruexy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought 2 tubes of rapidlash, but I stopped using it without even finishing one. The effect rapidlash gave me for 8 weeks is nothing! Don't say it work, it did work, but comparing with Lumigan, it's nothing...
I'm an asian so lashes are short and sparse, and I live in Australia so I can't buy Lattise. Rapidlash is cheap and yet have a lot of posstive review, so I went to it first.
Side effects: My eyes had some irritation and redness, and felt itchy and vulnerable at the first 3 days application. But the uncomfortable feeling went off completely after that. I didn't notice whether eyelids are darker or not, probably because I already have very severe dark circles.
Lahes: I noticed the difference at the fifth week. And the best effect appear around the 6th or 7th week, but still not dramatic. Only a very small amount of lashes became extremely long, others had no big differences.
The reason I stopped: the lahes started to fall off since 7th week, anytime when I removed the makeup there was always at least one lash fell of at each eye. Most of the time, 2 or 3, even 5 peices. This is really scary to me, because I had very few exprieces at falling lashes, don't even mention consistently falling. Some said that this was result of new lashes growing out. But how could I know the growing speed was faster than the falling speed? I didn' t see much new short lashes at that moment. And I did see one girl showed how scary she became after using rapidlash and suffered from severely lashes falling off. There are a lot of spaces between lashes, she said the space was enough to park a car.

I shifted to lumigan after that (use rapidlash for 8 weeks) and the lashes falling off stopped immediately. Lumigan didn't give me any uncomfortable feeling probably because I already used to the similar ingrediant. And I've just used it for 3 week while the effect is much more significant, like 3 times more noticeable. My lashes grow crazily and my friends start to buy lumigan like me.

So to every girl: if you can buy lumigan without prescription with a reasonable price (I bought from 'buy-pharma' for $28.9 without prescription), and your eyes are not sensitive, don't use rapidlash. Lumigan is 10 times better, rapidlash just waste your time. BTW, use a extremely fine eyeliner brush, a bottle can last for 4 months. I even recommend Latisse although it's so pricey but every penny pay off. Latisse is Lumigan 0.03%.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by LouWho44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product definitely worked for me. I naturally have quite short, fine eyelashes. After using this for two months, my lashes are visibly longer and a bit thicker. While it used to take multiple coats of mascara, I now just use one, quick coat, and my lashes look great! It did irritate my eye lids at first. After about two weeks, my lids were no longer sensitive. Now, it doesn't bother my lids at all. I use it only at night, as per the directions. I will definitely continue using this...it is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is unbelievable. I was surprised at how well this works. I will not be without this stuff. First off, the brush makes it very easy to apply. But make sure you apply this only where you want growth. I lined the entire upper lash line from start to finish and ended up with to many lashes in the inner corner of my eyes. There is no question that my lashes are longer, the results are almost unbelievable. I will say that I was not having eye lash issues to begin with- no lose of lashes, no breakage. I just wanted to enhance what I had and get some length. It did that and went beyond. I highly recommend this. The price point is better and less expensive then other brands but its not cheap. BUT it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

I bought this product at Costco and it came in a package of 2 at a great price. Amazingly this product works really well and is cheaper than the competition. Not only do I use it on my eyelashes, but I also use it on my eyebrows. I do have sensitive eyes, so sometimes in the morning when I wake up they will feel dry, but if I use eyedrops they are fine. It is important to stay as close to the lash line as possible because I have noticed with my sensitive skin that the skin may become a pink or darken, but after perfecting my application technique I no longer have this problem. My lashes are amazingly full and long and my eyebrows are thicker and fuller too. Love this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I purchased mine at getlashesandbrows.com. I wouldn't say it's cheap, but cheaper than many other things out there.

I have only used it for about 2,5 weeks now, on both top and bottom eyeline + eyebrows. Even though I haven't used this for very long, I already see some results. After two weeks my brows look better, my upper eyelashes are a little (but not much) longer, and when I put mascara on my bottom lashes today, I noticed they were sooo long... (they've always been kinda long, but now they're about 7-8 mm)! I've also noticed that I have no fallout lashes when I take my makeup off now, which I'm really happy about :)

The first 1,5-2 weeks of using this product, my eyes were getting a little bit red and irritated, but the redness disappeared after that, although I still have a small tingling sensation when I apply it and my lash lines feel a little dry (since I do this before I go to sleep, it doesn't really bother me). The formula stings, so don't get it in the eyes. I haven't got any discoloration, and I have medium light winter skin right now.

I will update this review in some time; maybe a couple of weeks. It may be that the new lashes are pretty thin yet, so I can't see any big difference right now, but it will be interesting if my family notice some difference (they don't know I'm using this) when I go home for Christmas ;)

UPDATE 19 January 2011:

As said, my bottom lashes began growing first, but my upper lashes didn't begin growing before about after week 6. First I only got a few lashes that were much longer than the other, but now, about after 9 weeks in, the other lashes are about the same length. I didn't think my lashes got much fuller, but there is actually some difference. I no longer feel that my eyes look like "boy's eyes" (although, boys actually often have crazily awesome lashes...). I also was asked by one of my friends if I was wearing make-up when I really wasn't :D

I didn't get crazy results, but I'm definitely more happy about my lashes now. If I put some mascara on, they look beautiful, while before, mascara was just accentuating the fact that I had sparse and short lashes. I'm not as afraid of being without mascara now either.

The only negative thing I experienced was, for some reason, my lashes had a tendency to fall out a couple of weeks ago, and it really scared me, cause it was like 4 lashes of each eye every time I washed my face...! Luckily, that isn't happening anymore.

I don't use Rapidlash on my brows anymore, because I really have to use a lot of product on them, which is really expensive.

Wan't to try Lilash or Careprost now to see if I can get better results.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mslorid

I used this product for about 3 weeks and had to stop due to eye irritation. I was very careful to stay away from the eye and even 'paint' the product on slightly higher than lash line in hopes of avoiding irritation which did not help. I also noticed it affected my vision. I already wear glasses, but my RX is not strong. While using RapidLash I was always straining to see and needed my glasses more often than normal.

I believe there was some lash lengthening during the 3 week use, but unfortunately its not worth the side effects for me. I use it on my brows now with no major changes. I was really hoping for at least darker brows, but after 2mo of use without darkening I just tinted them instead. There is some brow growth improvement, but its not major.