August 21, 2014 | 1034 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Eyelash Renewal serum Rapidlash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by KSAP

This is HG for me... it works! It comes in an eyeliner-type tube and is applied w/ a thin brush (like eyeliner). It's a clear medium-thick serum. When applied, I have not found that it runs easily, irritates my eyes and I haven't experienced any discoloration while using this product. AND it's more affordable than many of the other lash growth enhancers on the market.

I used this nightly for about three weeks before I noticed a marked improvement, then scaled back to every-other/third night and the results last. I have longer, thicker darker lashes. I use it on the top and bottom with marked improvement. One tube is supposed to be a month's supply. A tube lasts longer than that, for me (maybe b/c I started using it every-other/third night after the third week).

I can't compare this product to the other lash growth enhancers (in terms of effectiveness), as this is the only one I've tried. However, it is MUCH more affordable. I paid $35 for a tube on eBay.

If you are considering a lash growth enhancer and don't want to break the bank, this is a good start... it might become a HG for you, too!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Pruexy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought 2 tubes of rapidlash, but I stopped using it without even finishing one. The effect rapidlash gave me for 8 weeks is nothing! Don't say it work, it did work, but comparing with Lumigan, it's nothing...
I'm an asian so lashes are short and sparse, and I live in Australia so I can't buy Lattise. Rapidlash is cheap and yet have a lot of posstive review, so I went to it first.
Side effects: My eyes had some irritation and redness, and felt itchy and vulnerable at the first 3 days application. But the uncomfortable feeling went off completely after that. I didn't notice whether eyelids are darker or not, probably because I already have very severe dark circles.
Lahes: I noticed the difference at the fifth week. And the best effect appear around the 6th or 7th week, but still not dramatic. Only a very small amount of lashes became extremely long, others had no big differences.
The reason I stopped: the lahes started to fall off since 7th week, anytime when I removed the makeup there was always at least one lash fell of at each eye. Most of the time, 2 or 3, even 5 peices. This is really scary to me, because I had very few exprieces at falling lashes, don't even mention consistently falling. Some said that this was result of new lashes growing out. But how could I know the growing speed was faster than the falling speed? I didn' t see much new short lashes at that moment. And I did see one girl showed how scary she became after using rapidlash and suffered from severely lashes falling off. There are a lot of spaces between lashes, she said the space was enough to park a car.

I shifted to lumigan after that (use rapidlash for 8 weeks) and the lashes falling off stopped immediately. Lumigan didn't give me any uncomfortable feeling probably because I already used to the similar ingrediant. And I've just used it for 3 week while the effect is much more significant, like 3 times more noticeable. My lashes grow crazily and my friends start to buy lumigan like me.

So to every girl: if you can buy lumigan without prescription with a reasonable price (I bought from 'buy-pharma' for $28.9 without prescription), and your eyes are not sensitive, don't use rapidlash. Lumigan is 10 times better, rapidlash just waste your time. BTW, use a extremely fine eyeliner brush, a bottle can last for 4 months. I even recommend Latisse although it's so pricey but every penny pay off. Latisse is Lumigan 0.03%.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by LouWho44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product definitely worked for me. I naturally have quite short, fine eyelashes. After using this for two months, my lashes are visibly longer and a bit thicker. While it used to take multiple coats of mascara, I now just use one, quick coat, and my lashes look great! It did irritate my eye lids at first. After about two weeks, my lids were no longer sensitive. Now, it doesn't bother my lids at all. I use it only at night, as per the directions. I will definitely continue using this...it is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is unbelievable. I was surprised at how well this works. I will not be without this stuff. First off, the brush makes it very easy to apply. But make sure you apply this only where you want growth. I lined the entire upper lash line from start to finish and ended up with to many lashes in the inner corner of my eyes. There is no question that my lashes are longer, the results are almost unbelievable. I will say that I was not having eye lash issues to begin with- no lose of lashes, no breakage. I just wanted to enhance what I had and get some length. It did that and went beyond. I highly recommend this. The price point is better and less expensive then other brands but its not cheap. BUT it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

I bought this product at Costco and it came in a package of 2 at a great price. Amazingly this product works really well and is cheaper than the competition. Not only do I use it on my eyelashes, but I also use it on my eyebrows. I do have sensitive eyes, so sometimes in the morning when I wake up they will feel dry, but if I use eyedrops they are fine. It is important to stay as close to the lash line as possible because I have noticed with my sensitive skin that the skin may become a pink or darken, but after perfecting my application technique I no longer have this problem. My lashes are amazingly full and long and my eyebrows are thicker and fuller too. Love this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I purchased mine at getlashesandbrows.com. I wouldn't say it's cheap, but cheaper than many other things out there.

I have only used it for about 2,5 weeks now, on both top and bottom eyeline + eyebrows. Even though I haven't used this for very long, I already see some results. After two weeks my brows look better, my upper eyelashes are a little (but not much) longer, and when I put mascara on my bottom lashes today, I noticed they were sooo long... (they've always been kinda long, but now they're about 7-8 mm)! I've also noticed that I have no fallout lashes when I take my makeup off now, which I'm really happy about :)

The first 1,5-2 weeks of using this product, my eyes were getting a little bit red and irritated, but the redness disappeared after that, although I still have a small tingling sensation when I apply it and my lash lines feel a little dry (since I do this before I go to sleep, it doesn't really bother me). The formula stings, so don't get it in the eyes. I haven't got any discoloration, and I have medium light winter skin right now.

I will update this review in some time; maybe a couple of weeks. It may be that the new lashes are pretty thin yet, so I can't see any big difference right now, but it will be interesting if my family notice some difference (they don't know I'm using this) when I go home for Christmas ;)

UPDATE 19 January 2011:

As said, my bottom lashes began growing first, but my upper lashes didn't begin growing before about after week 6. First I only got a few lashes that were much longer than the other, but now, about after 9 weeks in, the other lashes are about the same length. I didn't think my lashes got much fuller, but there is actually some difference. I no longer feel that my eyes look like "boy's eyes" (although, boys actually often have crazily awesome lashes...). I also was asked by one of my friends if I was wearing make-up when I really wasn't :D

I didn't get crazy results, but I'm definitely more happy about my lashes now. If I put some mascara on, they look beautiful, while before, mascara was just accentuating the fact that I had sparse and short lashes. I'm not as afraid of being without mascara now either.

The only negative thing I experienced was, for some reason, my lashes had a tendency to fall out a couple of weeks ago, and it really scared me, cause it was like 4 lashes of each eye every time I washed my face...! Luckily, that isn't happening anymore.

I don't use Rapidlash on my brows anymore, because I really have to use a lot of product on them, which is really expensive.

Wan't to try Lilash or Careprost now to see if I can get better results.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mslorid

I used this product for about 3 weeks and had to stop due to eye irritation. I was very careful to stay away from the eye and even 'paint' the product on slightly higher than lash line in hopes of avoiding irritation which did not help. I also noticed it affected my vision. I already wear glasses, but my RX is not strong. While using RapidLash I was always straining to see and needed my glasses more often than normal.

I believe there was some lash lengthening during the 3 week use, but unfortunately its not worth the side effects for me. I use it on my brows now with no major changes. I was really hoping for at least darker brows, but after 2mo of use without darkening I just tinted them instead. There is some brow growth improvement, but its not major.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by anonymousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works: your lashes will grow, but it takes about four weeks of diligent application for you to see the results. Mine grew longer than they've ever been, but sadly, not thicker.

One big caveat: Ladies. This WILL cause hair to grow where it didn't before. Tiny hairs started sprouting on my lower eyelid and on my upper cheek by my eyes. Nothing waxing won't take care of, but annoying nonetheless. Also, a few hairs grew in my tear duct and I had to pluck them out. My friend had the same side effects. Also, my lid and undereye have a darker tinge to them from use but it went away after I stopped. Didn't happen to my gf but she has darker skin than me.

Verdict: worth it, but be prepared for the side effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by polemonium

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have found this a close-to-astonishing 'cosmeceutical,' one of those products that are actually supposed to cause the skin, hair, or whatever to behave differently from usual.

In my case, the pale, thin, but longish eyelashes I had all my life got thinner and shorter with age. Same with the brows, come to think of it. So I bought this stuff, mainly because of positive reviews here.

Rapidlash is easy to apply, and although I'm allergic to many things, I haven't had any trouble in the 2 1/2 months I've been using it--no redness, irritation, or darkening of the skin or eyes.

For the first three weeks I saw no difference whatsoever, but all of a sudden the upper lashes of the LEFT eye seemed darker, more numerous, and much longer than they had been in ages. In addition, there were some very long, spidery lashes I had never seen before, but hey, when you start with almost nothing, pretty much any new hairs are welcome.

At the same time, nothing at all was happening with the right eye. For some reason, on the right side of my head, all hair--brows, lashes, and head hair--is thinner and lighter than on the other side, and I thought Rapidlash was going to have no effect here.

But finally, after more than two months, the upper lashes on the right side are suddenly longer, especially a few of those spidery ones, and a bit thicker, but it looks as though the effect on this side of my face will ultimately be less dramatic.

Though the growth has been asymmetrical, my upper lashes with or without mascara now look better than they have in decades.

The lower lashes have been very, very slow to respond. I think there is a tiny bit of improvement in length, but it's not very noticeable at this point.

My eyebrows have become just a touch darker, enough that they are visible without makeup, which is a plus.

Overall, I find this a remarkably effective product, and I plan to continue using it as long as it seems to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 7:02:00 AM More reviews by clancyyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this eyelash serum (3mL 0.1 Fl. Oz.) from Costco and it came with an eye treatment cream (15mL 0.5 Fl. Oz.).

I have used this serum for about 4 weeks and I can definitely see a difference! I have used it every night before bed and when I wear mascara, my eyelashes kind of look like false eyelashes because people have asked me if I was wearing any!

The serum is clear colored, unscented and the applicator is a fine tipped brush and it looks like a liquid eyeliner which makes sense because according to its box description, you are supposed to brush it on your upper eyelid just as you would a liquid eyeliner!

I apply this on both my upper and lower eyelashes and they have both been growing. Sometimes when I'm not careful and poke the serum in my eye it does irritate my eye a little. Nothing severe.

There is a note on the box that says that using this serum may darken the skin around your eyes a little and that's what the eye treatment cream is supposed to help with. The eye treatment states that it's formulated to help reduce dark circles, reduce puffiness, minimize fine lines and minimize wrinkles. It states that it contains Haloxyl.

I haven't experience darkness around my eyes with the RapidLash and I am currently trying out another eye cream, so I have no clue how well the eye treatment cream that it comes with works!