July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my go to face wash, switching between this and the pink grapefruit cleanser. I have pretty normal skin and this keeps breakouts away. However, it's a bit drying, but it's nothing a good moisturizer can't fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by TitaniumRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I'm looking at some of the bad reviews for this product, and I see that most people complain about how it dries your skin out, etc. I believe the product speaks for itself in it's name. "Oil Free Acne Wash"

Hmm.. oil free. Just what a person with oily skin would need. Context clues, yay. But anyway, what I think about this product -

I think it's great. I have an oily t-zone, and my forehead plus the bridge of my nose tend to be the popular breakout zones. It really helps with controlling the problematic areas. The rest of my skin is prety normal, so after I wash my face, I moisturize and let it air dry a bit, then single the biggest pimples out on my face with medication. A great wash <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It cleared up the colony of acne I had on my chin, which kept reappearing with any other cleanser I tried. I would not recommend this for people with normal to dry skin, it's 2% salicylic acid so you do the math. It's perfect for people with oily skin such as myself, and a light moisturizer gets rid of the dry, tight feeling it leaves after you wash it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alright, start off that this product cleans your skin out really nicely. But, it does not work for everyone. I would recommend giving it a try because it MIGHT work for you but unfortunately, did not work for me :(. It did nothing for my acne and my face was always oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Florantine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

way too drying for the face. It might work for people with oily skin, but for average skin, this makes my face dry and crusty. My makeup looked horrible after I used this facial wash. I think it's probably better for back pimples, since the skin is thicker there and can handle for medication. The worst part is when this stuff accidentally get into my eyes during the wash. I look like a prune afterward. It takes a few days for my skin to get back to normal. I didn't notice any help for the blemishes. I think spot treatments work better than spreading this cleanser all over the face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by laurahhh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can use most salicylic acid cleansers with no problems but this and another neutrogena cleansers give me itchy, red painful rashes. The only brand that does!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Broke out like CRAZY. My skin's never been so bad while using this. Back to my regular routine and skin's clearing up, thankfully.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by christinaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with some previous posts, I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews about this product. It is NOT marketed for sensitive skin - in fact it states on the packaging that people with sensitive skin should not use this. This product is only for the oily and acne prone. And by 'acne prone' this addresses the people who actively get acne, NOT for those who consider themselves as acne prone because they get 1 pimple a month or something. And it is silly for people with dry skin to use this because of the 2% salicylic acid. It is clear that YES, it will dry out your skin.

For me, this has worked pretty well. I have extremely oily acne prone skin- with active breakouts and many blackheads. This does not diminish the active breakouts but it helps me to reduce the amount of build up in my skin and also helps abit with skin congestion. It helps keep my oil at bay for a good 2 hours. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by christina36182

This product is just okay. It's nothing special or is anything that people should rave about. Very very cheap product (around 5 dollars at my drugstore) so you get what you pay for. I like that there is a pump on it, compared to so many other face washes that are squeeze tubes. After using this product my skin definitely felt clean but it dried out my face so much! I already have dry skin so my skin felt chapped after using this. I'm sure the "acne-free" part has worked for some people, but it never really cleared up my skin after using it for a few months. I think it would be a good cleanser for those who don't really have acne prone skin, and would be good to just clean the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by jacqtwh

This is the absolute worst thing you can put on your face - especially if you have sensitive skin. On the first wash - the 2% salicylic acid was too harsh for me. It practically burnt off my face and left it dry and extremely irritated. I also developed rashes on the most sensitive areas of my face that itched very much.