April 17, 2014 | 1510 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mrsbrazik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is one of my all time favorite foundations and I have tried several different brands. I use Stromboli in the winter and Barcelona in the summer time. It is perfect for my tan-olive skin tone( im arabic and indian)the coverage is full! this is one of the few foundations that you should warm between your hands and apply with your finger tips. on days I want light coverage I mix it with a moisturizer. this foundation has vitamin e in it as well and improves your skins texture with time. My face feels much softer when I wear it. The only downside is that the pump comes separately! it should be included in the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for me! I feel as though this foundation is quite mismarketed almost, as I find this to be semi-matte but to give a sort of glow, without too much dewiness or shine just a gentle glow, definitely true to the name! I think it is mismarketed though as for dry skinned people this may play havoc and cling to dry patches? I'm not sure. But for me and my slightly oily skin, this is heaven. The colour shading is light enough for me (I am shade Light2) and it is so blendable, so buildable and I love how the best application I find is with fingers. The price and the longevity of the foundation are the only downsides. It cost about €44 I think? And on me, with no primer will last about 5-6 hours which is alright but with a primer it will last about 8 which is good enough for me! This is so brilliant I really recommend trying it if you're considering. Also, this has no SPF which may be a plus or a con for people, I find it a plus as it doesn't give me ghostface in pictures and I can simply apply SPF underneath if I need it. This may be my HG foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Nionbrack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whilst on my lifelong search to find a foundation that fits my skin colour, I came across this is the colour Siberia. It is only about one shade too dark for me but nonetheless the colour was amazing. I received a sample from sephora and thought that a 55$ foundation should be absolutely amazing.
It wasnt.
It lasts maybe 2-3 hours before disappearing on your face and it is unbearably matte. I have no idea why its called Sheer Glow.
The only pros are the colour, the easily blendable formula, and the 0 chance of skin irritation or breakouts. definitely not worth 55 bucks. Id buy it if it were a drugstore foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is a little dry so I have been looking for a foundation that does not emphasise the dryness and gives a subtle glow. This seemed perfect.

I went and got a sample of NARS sheer glow and couldn't wait to try it. As soon as I touched it though, I knew it was not for me. It didn't feel very moisturising, and as it spread over my face it made my face feel quite tight. Lucky the colour was almost perfect for my skin, because it was super hard to blend. The result of the foundation (even with a moisturising primer) is that it seemed to emphasise my dry patches, like many other foundations seem to do. For the patches that weren't dry, it made my skin look almost perfect...from a distance. When I looked up close it had the affect where it was completely obvious I was wearing makeup, probably the most cakey look I have ever had.

So I'm glad I got a sample and didn't waste $65 on it. Don't get me wrong, I think this foundation would be ok if you have normal, good skin. But get a sample first to make sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Sarsar1sar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The foundation is okay, It doesnt have much coverage but is good for skin that is already clear.

The packaging SUCKS! I always used too much and made a mess because there is no pump. You can buy a pump, but it would cost over $10 after shipping and it is hard to find in stores. So I took the pump off of my old Benefit liquid foundation and put it on the Nars, and it worked!

So before buying a Nars pump, try the pumps of other foundations you already have. I heard the MAC pump works too.

Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by NARSLOVER101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i LOVE this foundation. i have dry pale skin and was looking for a foundation to make me look glowing- this one certainly does, maybe even sometimes a bit too glowy so i feel like i have to use powder to stop me looking so shiny. i like how you are able to build up the foundation to give such a flawless look! this, along with mac studio sculpt are my two favourite foundations- sheer glow is a bit more expensive but worth it!! not planning on changing foundation anytime soon, definitely worth a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by DandoonBeauty

I love this foundation! I've been using it for 2 years and can't live without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So, after hearing such amazing things online and from friends about this foundation I decided to go and check it out at Sephora.
I was matched to the shade 'Gobi' I believe it is called, and the color match was pretty good so I immediately fell in love with it (I'm pale and it's hard to find foundation that matches!)

Anyways, I brought it home and pretty much convinced myself to love it because of the price I paid for it, but in reality it kinda sucked. It was hard to work with, didn't give much coverage at all, didn't come with a pump, and in the end broke my skin out like you would not believe ( and I don't have sensitive skin!)

In the end the only good thing about this was the cute fancy packaging, and the color match.
Other than that, I wasn't impressed.
Would not recommend, there are better foundations out there.
I suggest Urban Decay's naked skin foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by uniqueph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my opinion, i hate this foundation. I think that the Rimmel Match Perfection gives me more sheer glow than the NARS one does.. I have normal to dry skin, and this foundation looks matte on me. It enhances my dry patches. I do love the coverage and the shade range is fabulous but i just spend 40 euros an a foundation that doesn't do shit for me. So dissapointed. But you know these things happen, you never know if you will like it or not. So to all off you who want to buy Sheer Glow, try to ask a sample first!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember using this in my early 20's and stopped using it, don't know why I LOVE it. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and right before I dab it on I spray MAC fix +, perfect combo. It goes on lighter this way and looks flawless. It lasts a very long time and I have combo skin, just have a lightly powder twice a day. The color deuville is a good match.
I have good skin, only a lil bit of redness and this foundation does not feel too heavy in hot So Cal.

I wish it would come with a pump, but not a big deal.