NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 1/13/2015 6:01:00 PM

I purchased Sheer Glow Foundation after hearing a lot of hype about it and was curious to see what I was missing out on.

The foundation itself feels like velvet on your skin I have never used a foundation like it! I use Barcelona which is supposed to be a match with NC30 which is my shade in Mac. The colour is really perfect and looks very nice and even on the skin.

However this is not the foundation you are looking for if you want a fuller coverage. If your skin is flawless then this Sheer Glow is fantastic but in my honest opinion it does not cover blemishes and the likes very well.

In saying that the light coverage makes it ideal to wear on holiday as it is not cakey and look oily for at least 4 hours. I wore this every day on a recent holiday to Dubai and it really grew on me. I also wear it to school when I prefer to wear as little make up as possible.

Another complaint is the difficulty I have faced trying to source the foundation pump that fits in the bottle. I have tried many shops in store and online and all have said they are out of stock and have been for the last while. If anyone knows where to get one please let me know!

All in all I'd recommend Sheer glow as an everyday foundation with light coverage. If you are looking for something more that covers everything my advice is to look elsewhere! The price is justifiable considering it lasts a long time and so you get your money's worth. However do your research as I bought this as an impulse buy and wish I'd taken a bit more time to find out about it!

on 1/11/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation goes on very smooth. Doesn't feel like you're wearing anything at all but covers and stays on for hours!! A+ I have many friends with different skin conditions and colours who also love it.

My only issue with this is for $60 a bottle they should throw in a pump. Don't be stingy NARS.

on 1/10/2015 3:45:00 AM

I love sheer glow bottom line! I use it everyday at work and I love that I can build it up to get a fuller coverage when I go out.
I have combination oily skin, and because I do, I use a primer before applying and this does the trick for making my make up stay all day and prevents my skin from breaking out. I love that sheerglow gives me a beautiful radiance and is easy to work with! My favourite!

on 1/9/2015 7:41:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation. I have combination skin. Had a trial pack in Punjab and the colour was perfect for me. I loved the matte but still somehow glowy finish but unfortunately this product is not oil free and it broke me out (I wore it for 3 days). I always need oil free foundation, if you have a history of acne this may not be the one for you.

on 1/5/2015 7:52:00 AM

Start here: Chanel, Dior, YSL, Shu, MUFE....these are most of the foundations I've tried. Nope, nope, nope. I recently got samples of the NARS sheer matte and the NARS sheer glow. Love the sheer glow (and the matte however I like glowy dewy skin.) I have oily/combo skin and I use HG oil free primer. I think that helps a lot. My search is over. And believe me, the hours I've spent on finding the right foundation is practically insane! Can't recommend enough. Keep in mind I also have a very very good skin regime, because it all starts with skin. So anything on top looks good when skin is prepped.

on 1/5/2015 5:00:00 AM

I have used this foundation on numerous clients using my fingers and it looks great. However on me it just doesn't work. I would describe my skin as slightly dehydrated with the occasional dry patch but it makes my skin look so dry :(. However on other people it looks flawless. I would definitely describe the coverage as Medium And gives more of a satin finish. The shade range is great as a lot of women with fairer skin tend to find that Mont Blanc is perfect. Deauville is the right shade for me as it has both yellow and pink undertones so is more neutral. I would definitely recommend this to those who have normal skin who want medium buildable coverage as it looks great on most people.

on 1/5/2015 4:21:00 AM

Horrible experience with both the sheer glow and sheer matte! I'm 30 and my skin has been always clear my entire life. I do NOT have a sensitive skin and have never had allergies or breakouts with any make up lines. I have a normal skin with no history of acne whatsoever before trying out this product. This foundation (both sheer glow and matte) gave me the worst acne which I'm still after 2 months trying to get rid of. This foundation clogs your pores in the worst possible way and before you know it your face is full of whiteheads and eventually cystic pimples. As soon as I stopped wearing this foundation, my skin started to calm down. I'm however left with scars! I'm extremely disgusted by NARS products and would never purchase anything else from them! Do yourself a favour and avoid NARS foundations!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing foundation. illuminates my face and theres a color for everyone's skin. This was extremely expensive, for a 1 oz. bottle it was $44. Stays on all day. No other foundation even comes close to Nars sheer glow, I absolutely love it!

on 1/2/2015 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation! The colour range is very good! I can't find my shade in drugstore foundations, but Nars has the perfect colour. The product is very good, it's very natural, yet covering enough. It doesn't look too matte and fake and it is very easy to apply. A minus is the packaging, which comes without a pump.

on 1/1/2015 8:06:00 AM

I have wasted so much money on foundations that I really gave up but I was in the mood to spend at sephora one day and picked this up. I am African American but on the fairer side and it is so hard to find variety not only in shades but undertones. I am very yellow think like a banana(literally) so it is really hard to find anything that has the right amount of yellow but still has deep enough color for my complexion. However this stuff is amazing I was matched to Tahoe and it's almost like a second skin which I use in conjunction with the concealer in caramel.the color is why I'm sold but otherwise I haven't been able to achieve the dewy look I like to have on my dry skin. It says sheer glow but this sets to matte on my skin.Perhaps I'm not applying correctly but otherwise I love this !

Video Reviews & Tutorials