Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.9

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 10/29/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been eyeing this product for a while - and came away underwhelmed. It's called a "treatment' but not exactly sure what it's treating. It's a lip balm. It's supposed to be moisturizing, and it has SPF. So it fulfills those requirements. Does it do it better than anything I've used? Not really. Does it do it worse? Not really. It's just average.

The tint is nice, but not super impactful on my lips. There's a slight rose scent, so it's a plus or minus depending on what you think of fake rose scents.

The packaging is different with a screw cap instead of a slide off cap, but the balm stick feels shaky. If you expose a lot, it feels like it has the potential to break when you use it.

I would say it's most comparable with Softlips tints for consistency and color but with a slightly better scent. Is that worth paying 4x as much?

on 10/25/2012 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have 4 of the fresh sugar lip treatments, and they're all awesome. will continue to buy. this isn't a balm, it's a treatment. balms only fill in the lines of your lips and give the illusion of a hydrated pout. I finished one whole tube (original size not the bday gift mini one) and my lips have needed less applications throughout the day. the condition of my dry lips have actually improved, thus one tube lasts me even longer now.took me 9 months to finish my intense therapy one. and I applied it almost everyday.

on 10/25/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I too got this as a free birthday gift from Sephora and at first, I was thinking it would be too pink, based on the color in the tube, but it actually goes on so sheer and gives a touch of fresh color to the lips without looking artificial . It has a light, non-greasy feel, but gives amazing shine without looking too fake. I love this. The only thing I am not a fan of it the screw on and off top. I just want to be able to pull the top off and snap it back on and I guess I could snap it back on, but I am afraid I will break the tube.

on 10/23/2012 5:18:00 PM

My all time favorite lip balm. Gave it 4 stars because of its price. $22.50 for a lip balm?! It seems crazy, but when you finally splurge you won't regret it.

on 10/23/2012 9:27:00 AM

I got this as a free sample for my birthday from Sephora and it's beautiful! The color is so nice and clean. I look so natural. It glides on smoothly and has a beautiful scent. It is rather expensive but I really do love it. I will probably buy when I run out, it's not like I go through that much lipstick anyways. I love this product!

on 10/20/2012 10:00:00 AM

I got this as a birthday sample, and for a free product I really like it! It has a nice touch of tint, which adds a good touch of colors, without being over the top for when I want to keep low key. Glides on nicely and doesn't dry out my lips. That being said, for the price, I definitely won't be buying this when it runs out. It's nice, but not THAT nice..

on 10/18/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly don't know if I'll buy this again, but I do really like it. I put a nude lip liner on, then applied balm, b/c I couldn't be bothered putting on lipstick. I caught a glance of myself in the rear view mirror of the car, and thought to myself "damn, you look GOOD!!". Brings out the best color of my own lips. My hesitation to repurchase is that it's so soft it kind of melts in the tube. Don't know what it costs because got it from Sephora on my birthday.

on 10/15/2012 1:28:00 PM

I got this in a B-Day present called Give Me Some Lip a lip kit. I love the collection because for 25$ you get some of the top brands to try plus 2 full size. I was excited to try this because it seemed so nice on the site. I use this at night though because even though I'm fair and washes of color are normally my thing my boyfriend goes what is that color on your lips?? lol he never says anything so I knew it wasn't good in the color department. In the my lips are buttery soft in the morning department it rocks!

It does leave my lips soo soft even my boyfriend had to agree on that.For a sample it is a good size and if it continues to make my lips super soft I would purchase the clear treatment. This one no even though it's got a super awesome case for the price I just can't bring myself to buy it. I'm really happy I got to try it without breaking the bank on the big tube. I recommend getting a sample if you can before you commit.

For a limited time Sephora has the kit of really great lip colors in nudes so if you love your nudes and want a bunch to try for a great price. Get this kit before it's gone it has a full size Tarte which I love<3

on 10/14/2012 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm torn when it comes to this product. I love the feel when I apply it, and the rose tint looks really nice. However, I find myself reapplying more often than I do other lip balms, and I find it dries my lips out instead of moisturizing. It's important for me to have moisture since my lips dry and crack this time of the year (even worse in winter, which is coming), so the dryness does bother me. For this reason, I won't repurchase, but I will finish my tube.

on 10/5/2012 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! I got it free for my birthday and it wears so smooth! It doesn't make my lips dried out. I don't wear heavy makeup and the tint is perfect for me! I like that it has spf so I can throw some on before I go for a run. If you are going for color, do not get this product. For a bit more color try natureluxe by cover girl (not as moisturizing though and has a frosty finish). I'm going to buy the berry today!!

Popular Lip Treatments