July 31, 2014 | 1962 users online

Highlighters - NARS - The Multiple in Copacabana

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Svetlana7311

I was very surprised to see how small the tube was, I don't think it will last long if you are planing on using it daily, you will need to reapply it several times during the day because it doesn't stay long, maximum 30 min and it's gone, gives silvery grayish glow at the beginning, and leaves shiny greasy residue afterward, looks unnatural. I prefer powdered natural skin tone highlighters. This will be good for those with perfect skin, if you have large pores, they will look like highlighted craters.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

Absolutely fabulous product! I first read about this in Victoria Beckham's 'That Extra 1/2 An Inch' and after reading the reviews here I had to try it. I have a very fair complexion with pink/red undertones and finding something that will give me a healthy glow without emphasizing my already pink cheeks is always a problem. This color does just the trick! It highlights beautifully and the subtle color actually seems to tone down the redness without calling extra attention to it or turning my face into a sparkly mess. The application is smooth and it goes on without leaving any kind of obvious make up residue behind. Really lovely and so worth the money. A huge stick that I reckon will last forever and as with all NARS products the quality is superb!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by blueblood91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the Multiples in general, and Copacabana is my favorite! It adds a beautiful sheeny glow to my face with very fine, very delicate shimmer and is never over the top. A quick swipe of this and my face looks awake and radiant, like I've slept for 8 full hours (instead of the actual 5 or less that I got...). It works with almost all looks and every makeup product that I've got. My mom complimented on my "glowing skin" and upon learning that it's actually because of copacabana, she borrowed it from me and now she's in love with it too, and is thinking of buying one for herself! Will definitely repurchase although you get so much product for the price, I don't think I'll be running out of it very soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by babiappl3

So i had been researching Nars multiples for a while and i was originally planning on getting Mustique because i'm very fair skinned with a little bit of yellow tone but once i got to Sephora the color looks so much redder than i wanted. So i got Copacabana cause it was lighter. I will say that i love this product, it really adds dimension to the face and highlights by cheekbones but i think that this color would probably look better on darker skinned people. Apart from the shimmer it adds almost no color. I might get Mustique or Maldives next time because i didn't try it on, and the product does look much darker on the stick than when applied. I would recommend this product but be careful what shade you choose cause this is really pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my very first highlighter product and I am so impressed. It's so easy to use and really makes a difference. My skin looks healthier and dewier after dabbing this on my brow bone, cheekbones, nose, and forehead. I use my fingers to apply just a bit. Love this. I'm considering getting other colors too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by CAROLLE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW!!!! I loooooooooooooooove this product, it's my favorite highlighter because it's give you THE Jlo glow. I read in a magazine that she is a fanatic of Copacabana!! It's very very subtle on cheekbones how i wear nothing. This give you just a luminizing face, it's realy a magic stick!! Perfect and gorgeous for days and nights

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay. This stuff is awesome. I use it on my cheekbones over my blush and browbone. I wear it daily...can't be without it. Best beauty purchase ever!!! Long lasting on skin and I imagine it would take forever to run out of it so it is worth every penny. okay, I've owned this for a year and it still hasn't run out....I love it still but when it is time to repurchase a highlighter, I will search out something with pink tones as opposed to white which this is.....I bought a pink liquid highlighter while on vacation and it looked better...I think the copacabana can wash me out, so I layer it under my blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by keahi

This item is HG to me and belongs in my "essential make-up basics kit." It is expensive, yes, but you get a TON of product for the $$. It will probably take me a decade to use this up. I've used NARS multiples in the past and have Cannes, Malibu, and Portofino, but this one is my favorite for sheer versatility. I use it everyday. I use it mainly to highlight cheekbones and it has gotten to the point where I've developed a dependency on this product--if I don't use it one day I just don't like my look as much. It's the difference between made-up and "glowy" to me.
The shimmer in this is just right--not too glittery. It looks like a glow rather than cosmetics. I also love application--easy to control and build on. Prior to this I was using NARS Albatross for a highlighter and that just doesn't compare to this. When I use this up, in 10 years, I'll buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by aditswimbug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recieved this in a swap after lemming it for some time, and it is pretty. I apply with my fingers to highlight cheekbones, nose, forehead, and chin. It performs all of these tasks well, but not fantastically. The reason I love this product and would buy again is because it creates the perfect cream base for my Portofino multiple over my powder foundation (BE). If I apply this first, Portofino goes on so smoothly and blends so well with extra glow. Portofino is one of the harder in texture multiples, while Copacabana is very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by karensanford

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been waiting to review this, just to make sure I didn't fall out of love with it once the honeymoon was over! This was my lemming for like two years, and I finally got one about three weeks ago. It's fabulous!

First of all, as other reviewers have said, this is not really a multi-use product. I tried it on my eyes, but it creased almost immediately. Browbones, it sort of ran off. It is wonderful on cheekbones, well blended into a blush or
another Multiple. I like to layer mine with Portofino. It makes my face look alive, glowy, and just full of energy--even when I don't feel that way. :) I have tried it with a bronzer in anticipation of summer, and it looks great with that, too! The one non-cheeks use that I could think of would be to dab just a little bit on the middle of my lower lip, and blend with my lipstick. It makes the lips look very full and pouty.

This is a creamy, pearly finish, rather than a glittery one. You won't end up with glitter flakes all over your face...it's more natural than, say, an Orgasm Multiple.

For reference, I wear powder foundation (BE). I feel like powder highlighters (Albatross, namely!) and blushes give me a very chalky look on top of my foundation. The Multiple looks very moist and even when dry does not add to that powdery-ness.

Another thing that is great about this product is that no expensive brushes are required. It blends the best with fingers, and NARS SAs have confirmed this for me on several occasions.

It does tend to emphasize my "smile lines" if I get it too close to my eyes, but all shimmery products do. I have learned to live with it. Also, I would say that it doesn't last the entire day on my face. If I put my makeup on first thing in the morning, I have to re-up by the afternoon or evening if I am going out and actually care.

A lot of reviewers have said that theirs will last forever, but I seem to be going through mine really fast. After just a few weeks, I'm already almost down to the first "notch" that NARS puts in the product. So go figure. But I will definitely repurchase it if I haven't found something more wonderful to use as a highlighter. It is worth every cent of the $36.50 MSRP.

EDIT: I am swapping this, as I have found my HG pearly-cream highlighter to be MAC's Cream Color Base in Pearl. Compared to the Pearl, this is more shimmery where the Pearl is a bit more glowy and natural looking and stays longer. Also, I am starting to get wrinkles around my eyes and pretty much any/all highlighters travel into those wrinkles and make them stand way out. So I'm kind of cutting back on shimmery things in general. But Copa is still a great product and would be my number two.