September 23, 2014 | 1749 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by puggy1234

All I have to say is OUCH!
I won't by this product again....other than the dark stains it leaves in my sink, this stuff is more suited to clean soap scum and hard water stains off of sinks, tubs and toilets then it has ANY business being on my face. It has been a very long time since something has felt SO much like it is eating the skin on my face....like maybe when I would 13 and trying pure vinegar to ease my acne! Not a good idea then an certainly not a good idea now!
The sales staff was SO great to my son while we were in there + gave me doubles on a sample - which I have yet to try - that I will keep this and use it on my feet - now THAT may be just perfect!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by inthepresenceofenemies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was recommended this by a lush sales assistant as I was looking to try something new and have very oily skin. Anyway I wound up with this, and I liked it at first, but then realised after a few days that this cleanser makes my face SUPER oily, like way worse than before; I think it must try so hard to strip away oil and dirt that it actually ends up stimulating the sebaceous glands into extra oil production.

I stopped it as soon as I realised what was happening and moved onto Angels on Bare Skin and Herbalism instead, much better products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by AspiringItGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like the scrubby texture of this, smell is kinda strong but with all other lush stuff you get used to it (and kinda start to love the strange scent).
My skin doesnt feel extra dry once ive rinsed this off. I use this nightly at the moment but as im also using Angel on Bare Faces also by lush in the morning (which is a much milder exfoliator) idk if my skin can take anymore scrubbing. Dont get me wrong this is a fantastic scrub great for ridding my skin of yucky oils and makes me look a lot brighter. Mess doesnt bother me as i use it in the shower, but the packaging defo does. Just because my hands are wet when i take what i need from the pot, thus getting the rest of the product in the tub a bit wet too, i fear that may be speeding up the expiry date lol.
I am going to limit using this to just 3/4 times a week at night because i really dont think i should be exfoliating my VERY oily but acneic and sensitive skin quite so much, will update in a couple weeks most prob. TIP: Massage into skin for as long as is comfortable then leave it on for min. 5 mins before rinsing off. I swear it keeps my skin matte for longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by hayleyleloup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser. It's dark and messy, but I use it in the shower so it's no big deal. The smell isn't nice but it's not overpowering.
It says to use it once to twice a week depending on skin type but I use it about 5 times a week... It's not too drying but it controls oil so well. It gives a nice gentle scrub, but and leaves my skin so soft. I like it. It's just a pain that it's a bit expensive, and the little flimsy plastic tub it comes in sucks. It'd be better in the hard black plastic ones...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Demzy173

I love this product! Straight after the first time i used it, my skin was soooo soft, even though i had loads of spots before, there were practically none after the first time of using this! Its my new love! Would recomend using it in the shower, its really easy to get off in the shower! It did make my skin kind of a little bit discolourd in little patches, but i can totally live with that! The only reason i gave it 4 stars is because of the awful smell! i really hate it, it makes me want to gag, its kind of like liquorice and aniseed, like gaviscon, only a lot worse! i got some in my mouth, and i was almost sick, it was dreadful! I can put up with that aswel though, as it does wonders on my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by asiamjr

I have combination skin that occassionally breaks out. i have enlarged pores as well. i was skeptical about this product and have never used any LUSH products previously. however, i must say that i am really impressed with this scrub. yes, it is messy. yes, it is on the pricier side. BUT it is incredible how soft my skin feels, how my pores are almost invisible, and how clear my skin looks. now as i said i only get the occassional breakout but ive had problems in the past and i dont know if this scrub will be great for someone with moderate acne. the SA at the store showed me another scrub called herbalism that was gentlier and that one may be better for someone with moderate to severe acne. i think it's crucial to never overscrub...i only plan on using dark angel 1-2 times a week. i also like using it in the morning in the shower because i like how smooth and soft my skin is just prior to applying makeup. make sure to tone and moisturize well. this scrub does have the potential to strip your skin of too much natural oils if youre not careful.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I bought this during the summer months when my face was really oily and inflamed with pimples. I tried it faithfully for a month. I love the smell of it.
The ingredients sound so promising but it did not make my skin look or feel better. Whenever i used this. It made a huge mess in my sink and i had to use a sponge to clean it up. It was hard to wash off and after i had washed it all off and all my pores were noticeable and stuck with coal... Eh, it's not all that great to me. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink550

I LOVE what dark angels does to my face! It exfoliates and makes it glowy and bright! :) What's not to love? Well, my only problem with this cleanser is how messy it is! It makes my sink sooooo messy! However, in my opinion, small price to pay for beautiful skin! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Winnie15

This cleanser scrub like most other Lush cleansers is a bit of a pain in that you have to pinch a piece off, work it into a paste with some water and cleanse-scrub your skin. It works like a charm...but I've only used this when my skin is oily and in summertime...so I dont know how this would work on drier skin types...I also left it on as a mask a couple of times...and it really left my face feeling matte, and fresh. Overall...I really like it.
p.s...
i was just going through my reviews...and almost all of them are Lush related...so i just want to clarify...that I'm just into Lush at the moment...and I dont work for them or anything!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by MSMKUP

I love this scrub! After using this my skin felt so soft. I got rid of dead skin and oils, and it helped prevent breakouts. At the moment I'm using Burt's bees apricot scrub and Its ok, but the lush one is ten times better. The only downside to using this is it can get pretty messy since it is black but it's easy to clean up and using it in the shower prevents any sloppiness from escaping on to your stuff. I am for sure going back to buy a big supply of this.

P.S. It does last a long time. A six dollar supply of this products lasted me well over 2-3 months.