July 31, 2014 | 1892 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought I would never bother to try this product, judging from the avalanche of poor reviews here on MUA. So one day, I was hanging out with my friend and her teen daughter, who I've noticed has the most amazingly pretty but naturally full looking eyelashes, and I asked her what mascara she uses. I was absolutely shocked to find out it was this one, and one day later I had it in my possession. I let my daughter try it out first, and yowsa, she walked out of the bathroom with the same long, fluttery, full sweep of dark healthy-looking eyelashes my friend's daughter had (and my daughter is a makeup novice). So the next morning I had to try this mascara out too, and I got the same results!! I haven't found the odd little applicator to be problematic in applying the mascara; if anything, I would say that the applicator makes the mascara, as it enables one to get so much more control in putting an even amount of mascara on one's full lash line. Wear is excellent....no smudging or flaking, and washes off easily at night. I'm alternating this with my other new mascara obsession, Maybelline's Define-a-Lash. I'll certainly buy this mascara again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is very good, like most L'Oreal mascaras. I think the users complaining about how it clumps eyelashes together or leaves residue or is not black enough might have bought an expired bottle.
When I tried the tester at the store, yes this mascara seemed too thick and clumpy but I really wanted to see if the wand like Givenchy's makes the same great product at a lower price.
I found out that it does! This morning as I applied by newly purchased mascara I was happily surprised to find that its actual consistency is miles different than that of the Tester's! It very fluid but makes a difference at the first coat too (like most L'Oreal mascaras..) and it is very black (not as black as Burgeois's Ultrablack but it's a normal black mascara). It really does not clump at all, and it does separate lashes really well. If you want them to maybe stick together a little at the outer corner you need 3 coats at least.
I subscribe to everything Asunta said her daughter said. This is a very good mascara and there is extremely hot weather out there and I wore sunglasses on the street and it still has not smudged on my brow bone (Burgeois's Ultrablack does smudge under these conditions because my eyes are a little hooded).
I think people who got bad bottles about this had an expired one because everything they said was like the tester in the store but not like the actual bottle of product I bought.
And also it did not hurt my eyes at all. Usually first time I use a new mascara it stings a little (I get this from Max Factor, Maybelline, Rimmel, Burgeois) until the eye gets used to it. But this one is friendly with my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by people52005

I'm surprised this mascara received such bad reviews! In order for the mascara to be effective, it's all in the technique. You don't use it like a conventional mascara-hold the wand horizontally and sweep across your lashes from root to tip; you have to use this mascara vertically and go UP your lashes,if you do it this way your lashes will really stretch! I was very impressed with this result. However, this mascara doesn't give much volume so I go over my lashes with my max factor lash extension effect brush to give added volume. A very good mascara at a good price-it only cost 10 from superdrug's and it's a good bargain if you don't want to buy the lancome equivalent which is more pricey. To get maximum results use VERTICALLY!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by bestjessicaever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you use this product right, it's great. I use it only in the corners of my eyes and it helps thicken the neglected lashes up. I haven't noticed any flaking but it can be tricky to apply, if you're not careful it will smudge and make a mess. Light touches and it should be okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by crzynluv56

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i thought I would be really exited with this mascara!!!! I thought I was getting a good dupe of the Givenchy mascara!!! but sadly...this formula and brush suck.....its a shame :/ I wish I wouldve saved my money

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by lurvemakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this was overhyped. It made my lashes extremely clumpy and it was a very light black. I thought it would be exactly like Givency phenomenon eyes mascara, but it was not nearly as good. I threw this in the bin after three days of purchasing. Not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

An okay mascara for me. It didn't lift and curl as much as I would've liked to, but big props for the brush. I loved how easy it was to get all the little lashes that I normally poke my eyes out to reach.=P

Will not repurchase though, both because I'm now cruelty free and because it wasn't as good as I would've hoped it would be. But I'm really regretting not saving the brush as I would've loved to try it with my now HG Smashbox mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupgal47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product!!!! sometimes clumpy, but always great for looking like fake lashes! I am not impressed with how it moves a lit, like the stick thing! it moves when i take it out of the tube, and it just stays there! but i think that this product is excellent!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Bexxa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, the brush looks like a medieval torture device, a spiky ball that, if you stick it into your eye, will indeed hurt you. But this brush is The Thing. Indeed, it will allow you to get every little lash, top and bottom, upper and lower lash lines. However, the brush is 'tickly' at first - it takes stamina to resist the urge to scratch and scratch your eyes after using it. The other problem is the mascara's formulation. After a couple of hours, it leaves a very solid mass on each lash, making it difficult to clean off without quite a bit of labor. And if you fall asleep with this mascara on...it will be to your chagrin as you try to get your glued-together lashes to give up the mascara to your makeup remover. Sad, because I had really been hoping to find a mascara with the spiky applicator (my favorite new shape).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

crap. this stuff just piled gooponto my lashes and made em clump like mad. never mangedto figure out how some people made it work.