Cover Girl Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain ( /-):, Ultramarines

on 5/1/2005 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

my HG powder! i have very oily skin and blemmish occasionally..it doesn't prevent oil (and i don't believe there's any that can do that) but it does make my skin less oily, the coverage's good, lasts a long time, price can't be beaten! i just wish CG's available here :( i'm ppp, asian cool colouring..but classic ivory suits me perfectly.

on 3/15/2005 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Got this for 99 cents! ^.^ That was just an impulse buy (I didn't even check the rating on Makeup Alley yet - when I bought this).

I pair this with CG Clean Makeup .. & I LOOOOOVVVVEE this combo!! ;o)

I picked up Buff Beige (#625). Don't have problems with the blending at all. Frankly speaking, I have no idea what this color gonna turn on me. Basically I just opened them up (they have a plastic cover to protect the powder part of it) & choose the one that I think gonna work for my complexion (based on previous purchases from more high end cosmetics such as PX, Clinique, etc). Turns out okay! Looks so natural, doesn't cakey on me at all.

I'm an AAB with combo/oily (very oily T) & acne prone skin. It works really fine for me. Don't expect too much about controlling the oil, though (I haven't really find a product that really does its job to control oil for me, especially on my T-zone). But I'm not disappointed. Hey, for 99 cents? C'mon ....

Don't have complains on packaging either. It's a nice sleek compact in a nice blue color.

I'll definitely repurchase! (most likely soon enogh so I can stock-up for 99 cents each!! ^.^)

UPDATE: I have to discontinue using this powder foundation since it broke me out! I am now wearing mineral foundation & just loving it!!

on 3/6/2005 12:17:00 AM

For an everyday powder that you want to wear, but with better coverage than your average pressed powder, this is the ONE! I have very oily skin, and unfortunately I don't think that this is the greatest at controlling OIL....or shine.....but it doesn't cause the skin to look MORE oily or shiny, it just doesn't help too much to make it stay oil-free or shine-free for hours. For about 2 or 3 hours though it looks pretty oil/shine free to me....and even after that it doesn't look that bad.....Nonetheless, the coverage is still really nice and does last considerably!!! You can layer it, adding more when you want it. For more formal occasions I may have to wear some other foundation underneath but this is the best everyday powder foundation that I have used. It looks sort of powdery on the face for the first 15 minutes that you put it on your face, so don't leave your house if you can help it for that time period but it's the perfect everyday substitute for the liquid foundation/pressed powder combination that I used to use when this stuff was not around. It evens out my redness, it provides light, beautiful coverage, and looks natural on my face, not like a made-up clown. I wish it had better oil control, but oh well..........maybe it's my skin........either that or if I truly want to worry about that I can use an oil-control foundation underneath, or heavier coverage of this powder foundation. I always repurchase this, because it's a practical powder and gives more beautiful and BETTER coverage than would a pressed powder. Typical pressed powders don't seem to even out my skintone this well OR last even an hour. And the packaging is so cute too!!! I sort of wish they gave MORE powder though in the package. I don't know why makeup companies never seem to give enough makeup in their packages for the price we have to pay.

on 3/1/2005 6:21:00 PM

Back when I was just learning about makeup I used this. Well al I learned is that I HATE POWDER FOUNDATION. This applies well for a powder, but it still leaves that powdery look. If you have oily skin this would probabely be fine, but I don't cso this sucks. Also I went from the warm house to the bitter cold outside,( hey it's winter in Buffalo, NY) and this totally exploded. Total no-go on repurchasing from me.

on 2/21/2005 5:54:00 PM

It was ok. Very matte. Just nothing special about it.

on 1/29/2005 11:09:00 AM

I use this on top of my liquid foundation and concealer daily to hold everything in place. The color works well- its not too pink or orange, its a normal skin color. I don't feel like I need to reapply during the day, all I need is an oil absorbing sheet to pick up any excess (I have really oily skin). Good price for a good product.
My only complaint is that it cracks easily, I've had four, and three of them have cracked already. So sad. but if you take good care of it (ie don't drop it) then it shoudln't break.

on 1/29/2005 7:23:00 AM

This is a terrific product! I find it is just the right colour (Ivory) for my fair skin, no going orange or pink as it wears on. What I appreciate about it, is the coverage that you get. It is quick and easy to smooth on with the sponge supplied ( I only use it dry) and doesn't look too caked up or dry the way some powdery foundations do. ( I have oily/combo skin)
I find it light enough to keep in my bag for minor touchups as well. I find it has enough coverage ( yet blendable) to touch up those annoying bits that my sunglasses have removed ( of makeup) when I take them off, it easily blends it all back in on the go. Good stuff!

on 1/17/2005 8:30:00 PM

Very good powder, but not as foundation. I use it on top of my liquid foundation and it sets it pretty well. It's not cakey or too powdery so it's one of my favorite powders.

on 1/17/2005 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this product. I use 620 (Creamy Natural) and it blends perfectly with my skin tone. Perfect for a drugstore brand, would definitely buy again.

on 1/16/2005 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Animal testing. So now matter how good and cheap this powder is, I will not buy again.