April 20, 2014 | 982 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2005 12:17:00 AM More reviews by QueenG

For an everyday powder that you want to wear, but with better coverage than your average pressed powder, this is the ONE! I have very oily skin, and unfortunately I don't think that this is the greatest at controlling OIL....or shine.....but it doesn't cause the skin to look MORE oily or shiny, it just doesn't help too much to make it stay oil-free or shine-free for hours. For about 2 or 3 hours though it looks pretty oil/shine free to me....and even after that it doesn't look that bad.....Nonetheless, the coverage is still really nice and does last considerably!!! You can layer it, adding more when you want it. For more formal occasions I may have to wear some other foundation underneath but this is the best everyday powder foundation that I have used. It looks sort of powdery on the face for the first 15 minutes that you put it on your face, so don't leave your house if you can help it for that time period but it's the perfect everyday substitute for the liquid foundation/pressed powder combination that I used to use when this stuff was not around. It evens out my redness, it provides light, beautiful coverage, and looks natural on my face, not like a made-up clown. I wish it had better oil control, but oh well..........maybe it's my skin........either that or if I truly want to worry about that I can use an oil-control foundation underneath, or heavier coverage of this powder foundation. I always repurchase this, because it's a practical powder and gives more beautiful and BETTER coverage than would a pressed powder. Typical pressed powders don't seem to even out my skintone this well OR last even an hour. And the packaging is so cute too!!! I sort of wish they gave MORE powder though in the package. I don't know why makeup companies never seem to give enough makeup in their packages for the price we have to pay.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 6:21:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

Back when I was just learning about makeup I used this. Well al I learned is that I HATE POWDER FOUNDATION. This applies well for a powder, but it still leaves that powdery look. If you have oily skin this would probabely be fine, but I don't cso this sucks. Also I went from the warm house to the bitter cold outside,( hey it's winter in Buffalo, NY) and this totally exploded. Total no-go on repurchasing from me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:54:00 PM More reviews by red_lipgloss

It was ok. Very matte. Just nothing special about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2005 11:09:00 AM More reviews by renita928

I use this on top of my liquid foundation and concealer daily to hold everything in place. The color works well- its not too pink or orange, its a normal skin color. I don't feel like I need to reapply during the day, all I need is an oil absorbing sheet to pick up any excess (I have really oily skin). Good price for a good product.
My only complaint is that it cracks easily, I've had four, and three of them have cracked already. So sad. but if you take good care of it (ie don't drop it) then it shoudln't break.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Muzzie

This is a terrific product! I find it is just the right colour (Ivory) for my fair skin, no going orange or pink as it wears on. What I appreciate about it, is the coverage that you get. It is quick and easy to smooth on with the sponge supplied ( I only use it dry) and doesn't look too caked up or dry the way some powdery foundations do. ( I have oily/combo skin)
I find it light enough to keep in my bag for minor touchups as well. I find it has enough coverage ( yet blendable) to touch up those annoying bits that my sunglasses have removed ( of makeup) when I take them off, it easily blends it all back in on the go. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by MumiTroll

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good powder, but not as foundation. I use it on top of my liquid foundation and it sets it pretty well. It's not cakey or too powdery so it's one of my favorite powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2005 5:22:00 PM More reviews by SuperGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this product. I use 620 (Creamy Natural) and it blends perfectly with my skin tone. Perfect for a drugstore brand, would definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2005 9:59:00 AM More reviews by blackheart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Animal testing. So now matter how good and cheap this powder is, I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2005 8:32:00 PM More reviews by dirtyangel

oh yeah! this is the BEST stuff for so cheap! i used to use MAC STudio fix but it broke me out, then i went on a crazy rampage through powder foundations, including Lorac, Chanel, Maybelline, and a memorable but super expensive Armani when i lived in Vegas. anyways, this one rocks if you like smooth coverage, non-cakey finish, and very sheer pigment. the colors are pretty good too. my skin is very even and blemish-free so i only worry about covering the shinies (hence the sheer pigment works for me). the one glitch is the packaging, which is bright blue and shaped like a fool but since this is only like $6.00 who cares? it won't break you out either and unlike a ton of cheap drugstore brands there's no mineral oil so go nuts and try this!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2005 4:45:00 AM More reviews by FranP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After not having success with the Jane stay calm foundation and Revlon Colorstay, I decided to try this. I got it in buff beige this is the one of the shades that was recommended to me when I went to Covergirls website. This shade is a tad to dark for me. I guess it would be okay for summer, but not now I live in WA state and it is dark and rainy here during the winter with hardly any sun. Anyway for a powder foundation and this being the first one I have ever tried this is good. It gives okay coverage, if you have any blemishes it covers well at first and then after a few hours the blemish starts to show. I dont think this is HG material for me. I am always trying new stuff and throwing away the stuff I give bad reviews to. This is good for now till I find something better.