October 22, 2014 | 1991 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by sarahqu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Received a few samples of this and have been using it day and night. My skin feels a bit softer and looks more radiant but there is no difference which would warrant paying the RRP.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overpriced, over hyped, did absolutely nothing for me. A complete waste of money ...and it wasn't cheap either!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by jessmill

I have never written a review but I HAVE TO write one on this product. I bought this Genefique Concentrate and also received the sample eye cream after viewing some incredible reviews online. So, 1st night, after applying, i begin to have tiny red acne like bumps on my face. Next morning, after applying, my face is red with acne and my eyes are swollen. I called up the counter and she told me that my skin is purging. I told her I'm having reactions to it and I insisted on returning it. She said OK. So, I went to the counter on the 3rd day. Counter girl did not even take a second look at my face. Instead, she took the bottle and tilted it to check how much product is left in it! My God!! Okay, back to the review. My eyes are swollen BAD, red acne-like rashes all over my face, unbearable itching on face and eyelids, face felt swollen. Washing my face stings so much especially the eye area. Now it's been over a week. Eyes still swollen. Rashes still there but not as bad (only because I applied rash cream). Without the rash cream, the rashes keep coming out. I develop white bumps under my skin at my chin area which alarms me. I feel that there's something (about 1.5 inch in size) in my cheeks right under my eyes. I don't know, maybe it's the silicone? My face still hurts and I am depressed! I totally regretted buying this product. I had an okay skin (with ocassional acne) before this but this product totally ruin my face. I don't want anyone to go through what I am going through. I am going to the doctor again today. I am praying that it gets better. Please please test a small area on your skin before you apply it to your face to make sure that there's no allergy reaction.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After using up about 50ml of samples, I still can't say there's some visible improvement. Redness is still there and fine lines stand still. For an expensive product like this, it's such a shame. Luckily, this didn't break me out and did soften my skin but not significantly. I have to say. There are hundreds of thousands of products in the market can do the same thing, from toners to lotions, creams, gels, masks and serums. I know this product works for some people. Get a sample before purchase if you can then decide whether it's for you.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by foxilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Quite surprise that many people got breaking out from it. I didn't read reviews before using it. Just got a sample when passing Lancome counter. I have sensitive skin so I'd never buy anything without trying it first.

What happen to me? I run to that counter again to buy the full size bottle after a week of trying. It works awesome for me. My skin look better, softer and moise. Redness and fine line reduce. I really love it.

Anyway, if a lot of people don't like it. Try sample first. It's very pricy. I won't buy it again bacause for this price I think there're many other good products to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Basically I wasted my money on this. It might work for others who practically swear by it, but definitely not for me. Towards the end of the first week, I ended up with red bumps that look like mosquito bites on my forehead, below my eyes, and my cheeks. At first, I thought I was allergic to the paint at a job site, but it turned out to be this thing. It didn't die down or calm down after a few days. It just wasn't calming down until I stop using Genifique altogether and it took another week to get my face completely back to it's original state. Totally disappointed at this. I have used hyaluronic acid before but never had this reaction so it must be something else in this product that is costing my skin to freak out and the most fascinating thing is that I do not have sensitive skin! I could tolerate most stuff but this is my kryptonite. Boooo!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute crap thank god I didn't pay for it! I woke up to 4 pimples on my cheek and was like WTF where did these come from then I remembered I used the crappy genifque

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first time when I tried this product was around Dec.2009 when it first come out. This product remind me of Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair serum. It is however, much expensive then EL's ANR. (125$CND for 50ml)! I do think "all" department store products are overpriced, but this one is way too overpriced. It does smooth my skin at the first few months, and it doesn't feel heavy, the scent is lovely.

However, when Lancome begin to market this product all over the world, I find my 2nd bottle doesn't work as good as the first bottle. It start to break out my acne prone skin. Its either Lancome change the formula or it just meant to irritate my skin.

Recently I received quite a lot of small genifique samples and it still break my skin. I've read a lot of science review on Lancome Genifique, and if you're to take their words seriously, they all think Genifique ingrediants isn't commonly used or associate for anti-aging, therefore the product can't live up to its promises.

I gave all my small samples to my bf, and he doesn't have any acne issue, but it doesn't improve his skin condition or whatsoever.

I've tried the Genifique Nutric Cream during cold season which work nicely! But this serum doesn't seem to work on my acne prone skin, a lot of reviewers also experiences the same problem. I do like the genifique concept and the package, but I can't toy with my acne issue and my money anymore. Will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JoanneOng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have brought this product two days back & I really regret buying it!

For people who have very sensitive skin like me, please try to avoid using it. It does makes your skin feel smoother. But i have a bad break out! It totally clog my pores and i started to have small little ances all over my face. And because i do have very sensitive skin, my face have red patches, red little bumps and very itches.

And i feel that this is really Expensive!! If possible, avoid using it. Or maybe trying the sample pack before buying the 30ml bottle which cost $150.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Sobluee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 31 years old and wanted to get a jump start on my anti-aging regimen. Was having some mild acne problems, bought the clenziderm obagi kit. My face had finally cleared up. Enter Genefique into my regimen and my skin broke out worst that ever!! 7 bumps to be exact! Stay away from this serum it is a joke!