December 17, 2014 | 1720 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

I bought a big bottle of this after my friend who is somewhat of an expert in skin care sang praises about this. When I went to go purchase this, the littlest bottle was something ridiculous like 80 dollars or something so I decided to bite the bullet, pay a little extra and get the big bottle at 120 dollars (Canadian).
I have been using this every day twice a day (morning and night) for the past 4 or 5 months and I'm starting to run low. I thought right now would be the perfect time to review the product. Frankly I am a little surprised at how low the overall rating is on this product. As mentioned Ive been very diligent about using this everyday and about 3 weeks into use, I started to notice some change in my skins texture and tone. This serum claims to reactivate the youthful gene in your skin and makes a lot of promises and I don't know that i lives up to all its promises but it certainly does improve the skin.
My skin is generally dry with patches of red around the nose, a little bit of dark circle under the eyes and I'm not acne prone but when I introduce a new regimen to my skin care that does not agree with me, I WILL break out with stubborn stuff that leave hyperpigmentation marks.

3 weeks into using this, the changes i saw where; less redness around the nose. Skin looked (or seemed) brighter, hyperpigmentation marks from previous breakouts visibly reduced, skin seemed generally smoother.

This product is a serum so it does little or nothing to moisturize. So be sure to make sure you use a moisturizer on top (i used biotherm, the pink cream in the beginning and now im using kiehls's penthenol moisturizer). Also to get the full benefit of the serum make sure you cleanse your face THOROUGHLY either with a clarisonic or double cleanse (first with a cleansing oil and second with a very mild cleansing soap like the mild cleanser from clinique). If you don't clean your face thoroughly, you wont be getting the full benefit of the serum since your skin wont be well prepped to absorb all its ingredients.

All in all, I think it was a good product for me to try (29 years old with pretty good skin, redness, occasionally break out and minor hyperpigmentation marks, dry combo). I am thinking of trying the estee lauder night repair serum next because this was too expensive and it was my first serum. I want to try a few more to see which one works best for me. I will come back to this though if I try other things and they don't work as well.
It's worth a try, if you see a special or if you see some kind of a sample giveaway, try it and stick with it.

UPDATE: ok I ran out of this about a month ago and since I haven't been using it, I can honestly comment on what this actuallty did to my skin when I did use it.
My skin is more breakout prone, and less even. It definitely looked better when I was using this.
I'm new to the serum game so I'm going to purchase the estee lauder advanced night repair next but I thought it would be worth mentioning that genefique acutally did make a difference and it really did improve my skin.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cringed after I bought this product (30ml bottle) when i saw the varying reviews on MUA. I decided to grab the bull by the horns and try the serum out for myself and try to be as unbiased as possible.
I am in my early-mid thirties with no visible wrinkles, fine lines or crows feet. Unfortunately the purpose of this serum for me is in line prevention so I wont be able to provide any opinions as to the reversal of wrinkles. I bought the serum to try to see if it would improve my skin's texture, luminosity and delay aging.
My skin has had no break outs since I have been using it (one month and counting). My skin does feel plumper after application but I noticed that this effect seems only temporary ie you need to apply this twice a day or else. My skin is also smoother although it hasn't brightened or become more luminous.
The consistency is rather liquid and I use about 3-4 drops for my entire face plus another 2 drops for my neck/decollatage after applying my SKII FTE. The price is exhorbitant especially when you compare it to the Estee Lauder advanced night repair which I havent tried yet.
I will not be repurchasing this serum as it is way too expensive for the small improvements I have seen in my skin. That being said I will wait til the bottle is finished which I estimate to be in 4-6 months time.
P.S I use a lot of products in my daily /weekly skin care regimen so it is a little hard to isolate the anti-aging properties of this serum as I use SKII cleanser, Clarins toner, SKII FTE, Lancome Genifique, Clarins White Plus Brightening serum, Mosituriser (day or night+eye cream) + Clarins Beauty Flash balm occasionally + brightening masks twice a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by felixcatus

I tried EL ANR and saw nothing coming. Génifique, on the other hand, gives me a glow, the skin looks calm and bright. My acne is gone. I guess it's because de phytosphingosine in the formula, a great acne fighter. It has anti inflamatory properties.

The two fine lines I got on my forehead are diminishing

In a nutshell, it helped me balance my skin. Love this serum!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by parisrose

Expensive and I broke out with a pimple the night itself after I apply this. Guess it doesnt suit me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Dinko0

I am in love with this product! I have never wrote a review for anything in my life but i just have to rave about this product.
After just a day of using it I noticed a huge difference in my skin. Every where i went people would complement me on how beautiful my complexion was. My hubby started getting a little jealous and tried to sneak on some of my genefique one night!
I must admit the price is ridonculous! But i got my first bottle (1oz) and the genefique eye cream, night cream and cream to oil face wash for 98 bucks. Not bad... but u cant really get a package like this unless it's mothers day or close to the holidays.
So i went to get another bottle and realized that one bottle was gonna cost be $100.00!! I didn't really care and was going to buy it anyways but i got sucked into purchasing their new product Vissoinarie...i don't like it much, after two weeks of using it I am going to return it tommorrow and purchase my genefique!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by WMH22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received the 7 Day packet as a sample from Sephora. I normally don't use Lancome products, but I thought I would go ahead and try this for the 7 days since I am always on the hunt for new anti-aging products. I used this as directed although the product lasted a lot more than 7 days. I am suprised to say that I really like it. It has cleared my skin and evened out the texture. I probably would not have tried it if I had I read the reviews first since many people say it broke them out. It has had the opposite effect on me. Maybe my skin is more tolerable as I have been using Skinceuticals Retinol 1% everyday for several years now. It is expensive but I am getting the full size and think with the results I've had, it's worth it. BTW - I'm in my 40's, have fair skin and freckles. Most people say I look to be in my late 20's. So something I am doing is working :-)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by sarahqu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Received a few samples of this and have been using it day and night. My skin feels a bit softer and looks more radiant but there is no difference which would warrant paying the RRP.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overpriced, over hyped, did absolutely nothing for me. A complete waste of money ...and it wasn't cheap either!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by jessmill

I have never written a review but I HAVE TO write one on this product. I bought this Genefique Concentrate and also received the sample eye cream after viewing some incredible reviews online. So, 1st night, after applying, i begin to have tiny red acne like bumps on my face. Next morning, after applying, my face is red with acne and my eyes are swollen. I called up the counter and she told me that my skin is purging. I told her I'm having reactions to it and I insisted on returning it. She said OK. So, I went to the counter on the 3rd day. Counter girl did not even take a second look at my face. Instead, she took the bottle and tilted it to check how much product is left in it! My God!! Okay, back to the review. My eyes are swollen BAD, red acne-like rashes all over my face, unbearable itching on face and eyelids, face felt swollen. Washing my face stings so much especially the eye area. Now it's been over a week. Eyes still swollen. Rashes still there but not as bad (only because I applied rash cream). Without the rash cream, the rashes keep coming out. I develop white bumps under my skin at my chin area which alarms me. I feel that there's something (about 1.5 inch in size) in my cheeks right under my eyes. I don't know, maybe it's the silicone? My face still hurts and I am depressed! I totally regretted buying this product. I had an okay skin (with ocassional acne) before this but this product totally ruin my face. I don't want anyone to go through what I am going through. I am going to the doctor again today. I am praying that it gets better. Please please test a small area on your skin before you apply it to your face to make sure that there's no allergy reaction.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After using up about 50ml of samples, I still can't say there's some visible improvement. Redness is still there and fine lines stand still. For an expensive product like this, it's such a shame. Luckily, this didn't break me out and did soften my skin but not significantly. I have to say. There are hundreds of thousands of products in the market can do the same thing, from toners to lotions, creams, gels, masks and serums. I know this product works for some people. Get a sample before purchase if you can then decide whether it's for you.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No