August 28, 2014 | 1715 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Basically I wasted my money on this. It might work for others who practically swear by it, but definitely not for me. Towards the end of the first week, I ended up with red bumps that look like mosquito bites on my forehead, below my eyes, and my cheeks. At first, I thought I was allergic to the paint at a job site, but it turned out to be this thing. It didn't die down or calm down after a few days. It just wasn't calming down until I stop using Genifique altogether and it took another week to get my face completely back to it's original state. Totally disappointed at this. I have used hyaluronic acid before but never had this reaction so it must be something else in this product that is costing my skin to freak out and the most fascinating thing is that I do not have sensitive skin! I could tolerate most stuff but this is my kryptonite. Boooo!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute crap thank god I didn't pay for it! I woke up to 4 pimples on my cheek and was like WTF where did these come from then I remembered I used the crappy genifque

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first time when I tried this product was around Dec.2009 when it first come out. This product remind me of Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair serum. It is however, much expensive then EL's ANR. (125$CND for 50ml)! I do think "all" department store products are overpriced, but this one is way too overpriced. It does smooth my skin at the first few months, and it doesn't feel heavy, the scent is lovely.

However, when Lancome begin to market this product all over the world, I find my 2nd bottle doesn't work as good as the first bottle. It start to break out my acne prone skin. Its either Lancome change the formula or it just meant to irritate my skin.

Recently I received quite a lot of small genifique samples and it still break my skin. I've read a lot of science review on Lancome Genifique, and if you're to take their words seriously, they all think Genifique ingrediants isn't commonly used or associate for anti-aging, therefore the product can't live up to its promises.

I gave all my small samples to my bf, and he doesn't have any acne issue, but it doesn't improve his skin condition or whatsoever.

I've tried the Genifique Nutric Cream during cold season which work nicely! But this serum doesn't seem to work on my acne prone skin, a lot of reviewers also experiences the same problem. I do like the genifique concept and the package, but I can't toy with my acne issue and my money anymore. Will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JoanneOng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have brought this product two days back & I really regret buying it!

For people who have very sensitive skin like me, please try to avoid using it. It does makes your skin feel smoother. But i have a bad break out! It totally clog my pores and i started to have small little ances all over my face. And because i do have very sensitive skin, my face have red patches, red little bumps and very itches.

And i feel that this is really Expensive!! If possible, avoid using it. Or maybe trying the sample pack before buying the 30ml bottle which cost $150.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Sobluee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 31 years old and wanted to get a jump start on my anti-aging regimen. Was having some mild acne problems, bought the clenziderm obagi kit. My face had finally cleared up. Enter Genefique into my regimen and my skin broke out worst that ever!! 7 bumps to be exact! Stay away from this serum it is a joke!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by anrs17

Love it! I have oily skin and was breaking out a lot prior to using this product. Been using for about 2 weeks, not breaking out anymore. It is also helping old scars fade more quickly. Might be too drying for people with dry skin. Will definitely purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Beth951

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The ingredients are tested on animals and the "science" behind the product is unfounded. On the website, the ingredients are not listed. Suspicious?!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A hyped up hyaluronic acid serum. That is all. I love hyaluronic acid but for this price, I'd rather get the Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 that contains 70% instead of this. The bottle is annoying. The consistency is so thin that it could have easily been put in a pump bottle. It barely lasted me 2 months even though I used a tiny amount, and it's difficult to see how much is left. Since I take very good care of my skin, dehydration is not something that I'm prone too. I can see that if someone was very dehydrated, this would appear to work because of the hydrating ingredients. But it seems to me that it would just help your skin get back to normal, but not have the greatest anti-aging benefits. For me, there was no difference to my skin. To be honest, I didn't really expect too much considering I'm not a huge fan of Lancome. They have great makeup, but extremely average skincare that's way overpriced. I would recommend ignoring the hype over this, and go for a doctor's brand that has more hyaluronic acid and less dimethicone.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by beauty888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, all this hype over a serum! Has it changed my complexion? Yes. Its more brighter. Is this product drying? Yes and I do believe its giving me blemishes too. So no not as good as ppl say it is.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ALBLovesMakeup

Might keep you looking a little too young in the sense that it gave me cystic acne like I was 15 years old again! Aweful product. Even dropped it with wet hands a few times, because of the slippery glass and faux-metallic container, spilling expensive (albeit not good) product all over the floor!