October 31, 2014 | 1173 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by AuntSat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loved it, loved the coverage, loved the match to my complexion ("never settle petal"), loved the finish...

...until I broke out in tiny hives/dermatitis over my entire face. Stopped using it and the rash went away. Must be the bismuth. So disappointed. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by XLuvMUX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've heard numerous reviews about how amazing this product is but hesitate to purchase it due to the expensive price tag. Nevertheless, I purchased it when I went on a makeup haul recently.
The make up artist told me that "Champagne" was my natural color. ( I'm a NC 25) However, her counter had ran out of that shade so she bought me into buying a lighter shade which is "Petal" (which is the 2nd lightest shade) She said the powder will oxidize and cause it to look darker after awhile. Since I prefer to have a fairer skin color, I bought it in "petal" shade. The powder is around 7g and it comes with a sponge and a brush.
When I first applied it, it looked amazing! I used it with Benefit "That Gal" primer. It covered up all my imperfections, my acne scars, my freckles and even the dark circles. However, when i looked into the mirror to have the overall look on my face, I can see a distinctive color difference between my face and my neck. My face is darker than my neck!! Can you believe it? and its 1-2 shades darker! I have already selected a lighter shade than my natural skin color but it turned out that it still look orangey and yellowish on my skin and definitely darker than my neck!
Furthermore, after 2-3 hours, my face starts to turn really oily and orangey (even darker). I have to touch up with another loose powder to neutralize the oxidized color.
I think I would not purchase it again.
The packaging has the "traditional" Benefit style - toy-ish. The sponge attached is really really thin (comparable to the sponge that comes with a sample powder foundation). The brush is definitely rough and kind of scratched my skin when I use it.
The price is pretty high with that little amount of quantity and I really can't stand the oxidizing part. If the product did not oxidize that much, I wouldn't mind paying extra since it really gives a nice, smooth, flawless finish. But the product has disappointed me with the horrible oxidization and the close to zero oil controlling effect. Therefore, I definitely would not buy it again! It has really really disappointed me. And I'm still thinking of ways to use it so that my face would look like it really belongs to my neck.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by flowerbobon

I really like this powder foundation a lot and it gives me a flawless look, just like its name. Mine is 'I'm Haute For Sure' and my skin tone is NC40. But I won't purchase it in future because it is quite expensive for 7gram foundation. It comes with the sponge and the brush but I never use the brush. I only use the sponge.

I am from Australia and I purchased this one directly from the website. They offer free shipping for purchase over USD115 (and now they increased it to USD125 for free international shipping). It is way cheaper than purchasing it over the counter in Australia. But the shipping took about 5 weeks, I almost forgot I bought something from them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I never expected powder foundation to have such amazing coverage! The color is great and leaves a nice matte finish. As a very oily type, most makeup definitely does not stay on my face. However, this foundation stays on for most of the day! If you're a person with acne and dark scars, I'm not so confident with this foundation. But for menial skin flaws, this would be all you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ambyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVEEE this powder soo much! Gives amazing great coverage! This is my everyday face powder! I won't try any other now that I found this! Benefit Cosmetics rocks! Some would say a little pricey but it think well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Lex29

I have this in nutmeg. Awesome coverage. It even covers the bags under my eyes, & u definitely don't need a heavy hand. In the past, I've used Bare Minerals in Golden Dark, & it was just too dark & heavy for my skin tone. The next shade up was too light, so the SA @ Sephora recommended it to me. It works wonderfully & I will def repurchase. I just wish it controlled oil better. & Maybe a little cheaper. $34 & not a lot of product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used the shade "Me, Vain?". It looked fine once applied but it seemed to oxidize throughout the day which made for a unnatural look. It also looked cakey to me, or maybe just flat so I used a dusting of lumizining powder to give my face some life. I was pretty modest with my application of this powder everyday and found I hit pan in a week and a half after buying it. There isn't much product in the compact to justify the price so I won't buy it again, plus I don't care to look like an oompa loompa by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Senikxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought this several times and can use shell or champagne, I use with a large brush and if I want a thicker layer then use sponge. I tend to use this in autumn/winter. Its great stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by prettypink21

Doesn't sit on my skin well at all, sits in my pores and looks clumpy in a few hours. Leaves my skin anything but flawless! I am now using it as a very expensive setting powder but will be going back to my loose powder by Rimmel as soon as I have it used!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me. I use this as my foundation on days when I'm in a hurry or dont feel like putting on liquid. It gives me beautiful sheer to full coverage with my kabuki, and if I use the little sponge it came with, it covered redness around my nose very nicely. It leaves me very matte throughout the day. I really love this powder. The only thing I dislike is how bulky the package is. Otherwise, I <3 this!