July 25, 2014 | 1026 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

the foundation comes in a great range of shades and has decent coverage, i'd say medium. It is pretty hydrating, however the reason i wouldn't repurchase is bc the staying power is horrible. Within hours, the foundation fades and I can't tell I was even wearing makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by AuntJackie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this make up. When you moisturize your skin well underneath and/or use a primer it really covers all your imperfections well. However I don't see any improvement in the fading of old acne scars. I would still buy again for the coverage factor alone. I have rosacea and it even covers the red better than Clinique's redness line!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Fiju

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have heard great things about Clinique products, and they have not disappointed me yet.
I have combination skin: my t-zone is oily and my cheeks get really dry. This foundation gives medium coverage for my skin without clogging my pores, which is exactly what I want. It's not too heavy on the skin for a liquid foundation. It gives medium coverage with the help of a little product, so the coverage could probably be built on with more product. I have some visible acne scars and occasional small pimples, yet it is able to cover it nicely. At Sephora, it is a total of $29.00 for 1 FL oz, which could be seen as expensive, but you truly get what you pay for. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who likes a nice matte finish and medium coverage.

Edit**** I'm not sure why it took me so long to write this edit; it could be my rejection of this product. After a month of wearing this foundation, I decided to just look around a makeup store. The highly knowledgeable manager of the store put it as delicately as she could; I had an orange tinge to my face. It just didn't fit my skin tone.
Moral of the story: My NC30 skin does not match any of the colors in this line. I liked everything about it except for that. Also, don't try on foundation in a dimly light Sephora...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation because the coverage is great. It is full coverage so if you're looking for something light, then steer clear. However, it does not feel extremely heavy nor does it look cakey. I love that it leaves your face looking dewy while covering breakouts and uneven skin tones. For me, it does not stay on ALL day. If I didn't use some kind of finishing powder it rubbed off very easy. Applies best with a foundation brush, but it is still good if applied by hand. This is my all-time favorite foundation. The price is a little high ($27), but I've found it lasts me a good 2 months, if not more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by allysonpaige6

Even though I love this foundation, I only gave it a 4 because after a awhile it, for me, it wears off. It gives me wonderful coverage, and the shade, Alabaster, is a perfect match for my skin tone. It doesn't make my skin break out more, like a lot of foundations do. Im on my second bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great for people looking for some semi-coverage and lasting power. It works well for me those days I don't feel like covering my whole face up but I am a girl that loves to have a foundation that covers everything and gives me flawless skin and this isn't the perfect for that. But I still rate it 4, because I like how easy it is to apply and how perfect it is for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by xannav

I have been loving this foundation its perfect for my dry/combo skin that leaves my skin with a subtle glow. I do however powder where I don't want shine such as my nose forehead and chin. It lasts me all day and feels like I'm not wearing anything on my face. However as much as I love this foundation I still think I want to try other ones out there. Not sure if this is my hg foundation yet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in a gwp freebie. I like some aspects, others not so much.

Lets start with it's best points:
Packaging: I wish more companies would do a squeeze tube. It protects the contents, and is a whole lot more travel friendly and less wasteful than glass jars with or without pumps.

Price: not too bad for a quality product, and I do like Clinique.

It isn't drying, doesn't make my skin itch and is quite comfortable and wears all day long! Great!

I've been applying this over my usual daytime moisturizer which also has spf. I don't have any trouble with this balling up (sometimes a silicone in one product forms little rubbery balls with the silicones in another). That is great.

Coverage, still great, this does cover and smooth over red spots, freckles etc blending them out without erasing everything that gives a skin a natural look.

And it lasts.

NOW down to business and the down side:

Colours: while I got this in 03 IVORY, and it's a good match for my slightly yellow toned skin with a lot of redness and freckles the saleslady tried valiantly to fit me with one 2 shades up that immediately went a toasty pumpkin orange. Even she had to admit my shade choice was better. While examining shades I came to the conclusion that this makeup runs a bit off. The ivory is a true neutral, but the other shades tended to go yellow, orange (pardon me, peach perhaps?) and worst of all rosy pink.

I think if you are a NC or NW 20 in MAC speak, or below to about 15 the Ivory is worth trying.

I apply it while my moisturizer is still wet and fresh to try to sheer this out a bit as it seems to go on rather cakey and thick in my opinion, settling into lines and looking obviously "made up". Pores aren't a problem for me so I can't speak to that, but flaws like moles and pimples get "spotlit".

Which brings me to the fatal flaw, why I won't buy this again, and that is the shiny look. Maybe it's the spf in my moisturizer (Olay complete spf 30), but

I have tried applying without moisturizer and find it is a touch better when applied with no moisturizer but still SHINY!

I've tried 3 different pressed powders (Rimmel Stay Matte, Estee L Lucidity and Maybelline Age Rewind) to matte it down and it helps a little in indoor light but it remains shiny to glowing in outdoor sunlight.

I look terrible--shiny and sparkly in daylight, glowy indoors at night and since I'm not a vampire, I find this a major flaw. Perhaps this is the dewy look, and while I like to look all fresh and moist and young and all, this borders on a radioactive glow. I am not usually oily, more of a dry cheeks, oilier T zone, but the dewy glowy thing isn't from oil.

For candlelight evening out, this would be marvellous. But all that glowy or dewy stuff makes every line and wrinkle show up multiplied and it just looks caked on.

Which is why I won't buy this..

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

Goes perfectly on my skin. Doesn't break me out. Excellent coverage (I have a gazillion freckles). Lasted the whole day (with primer and fix+ spray). Makes my skin look smooth and soft, almost airbrushed. Controlled my oil quite well, i was a tiny bit oily on my nose but it vanished after a few moments. I got compliments on my skin. Lovelllly foundation.

Problems
I've heard in winter all of this make up slides off (its winter right now so I have no idea). The shade match is VERY difficult. I'm a NW22 in MAC and I wear shade 3 (Fair) which is a bit too light for me (other shade down is dramatically darker) :( but I love it sooo much I wear it and use bronzer to "tone it down". Never wear this in flash photography, it has a white cast and a half!!! Awesome foundation tho, just not for flash pics:D

Clinique can we please be realistic about skin colour? We can't be as pink as salmon or as yellow as the sun! Bring out more shades! Overall, very satisfied! (P.s I have an oily T-Zone and this handles it well).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by abbie2005

I've been using this foundation for about two years now in the Alabaster color. It is by far the best foundation product out there. It covers up every blemish and red spot, and I don't have to use much product. Even though this is $27, it's a lot cheaper than some of the foundations I've used, and one bottle will last me a few months. Also, this foundation does not make my skin become greasy after a few hours and it's really easy to wash off. The packaging is not bad; it comes in a little box. Overall, I would definitely buy this again and recommend it to everyone!