April 18, 2014 | 1969 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I agree with the reviewers who said that the bristles of BE's kabuki brush are too rough :(. I also found it difficult to blend/buff the powder foundation with it. Argh. Can't believe I wasted money on this :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by samantha1987

LIke most, i got this along with the foundation. i was totally satified with the foundation - good coverage for my sensitive, acne-prone skin), but the brush is far too harsh for me. the bristles are stiff and feel like they are poking my face. after i use it my skin feels aggravated and itchy all day.

would not buy again and more than likely will give the one i own to someone with normal skin, it will more than likely work very well for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by AnnM27

Another staple in my makeup bag. Feels light on my skin, and distributes my bare minerals evenly. Had it for 4 years, and with regular sanitizing it still works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

ABSOLUTELY LOVE this brush!!! Fits perfectly in my make-up bag and feels so soft on my skin... : )

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by colettaaa

I adore this brush. it was included in my starter kit. its soft and feels great on your face. the bristles are high quality-its still in great condition after 2 years and i never have a problem with any bristles coming off. i use it with warmth on my cheekbones, forehead, sides of nose and i get a natural application and when i use it with glee i get a really pretty natural flush. the coverage for the foundation is great with this as well.
**EDIT** i washed it recently and it left the bristles all coarse. after this it doesn't pick up product easily and leaves splotches of color on my face. i don't think its worth the investment. try bobbi brown brushes instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by akanesama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the worst brushes I ever used. As other reviewers said, it started out soft but it's so abrasive now.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by annelien15

in the beginning it was a fine brush, but the quality it's not so good. you can be better buy a kabuki by the body shop!

(sorry for my english, i'm not so good in it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by elinhs

Behind every great make up wonder is a great brush or two.
My recommendation for mineral fanatics out there is BE's kabuki brush. I've used BE for 3 years now, and I can't find a better brush than the kabuki brush! It covers extremely well. However, if you want 110% coverage, I recommend full coverage brush - also from BE. I've used my kabuki brush for foundation, radiance,mineral veil, warmth (and other face colors). You should try out the difference between a kabuki brush from example Isadora, and the one from Bare Escentuals. Trust me, I've tried both, and BE's is by far the best! Definitely a must have in your "mineral collection". It might seem pricy, but compared to what you get it's really worth those extra money!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by floy2015

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm neutral on the price for this brush b/c I rec'd it with the starter kit so I don't know how much it costs by itself. This brush is just flat out not good quality. It's stiff and hard, the bristles hurt when using. It started out soft but after a couple months of use, it just did not last. As with makeup application, it doesn't do even the best quality of make up favors. Make up just does not look even, it looks like you used a cheap brush. Plain and simple: not a good brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by sfeng

I'm looking to replace this kabuki soon. I've had it for a couple years and I haven't really used it since I ditched my BE foundation. I use it every now and then to buff out my foundation... but it has ballooned out to a strange shape and the bristles are kinda hanging out on the sides... and it isn't very soft. The scratchiness isn't so bad that I absolutely can't stand it, but it definitely isn't the best thing out there. I also have the baby kabuki and that one has held its shape a little better.. but it's of the same bristles, so it's a little scratchy. I wouldn't go and purchase these brushes.