April 23, 2014 | 1836 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by tinkeli

I like this bronzer a lot. It works very nicely for my golden medium skin, both for contouring and bronzing.
It is quite pigmented, so if you're too heavy-handed or in a hurry, you might end up more bronzy than you planned! So a light hand and a fluffy brush is a must with this.
This will stay on for 12h+ (with a good base):, no wearing off or streaking ( constant problems with many bronzers for me).
Would definitely recommend this to everyone with medium and darker skin tones who have some experience of bronzing (since it is fairly pigmented).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Lakkert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great, but too dark for me (wich is why i will not repurchase and give it 4 lippies instead of 5). The packaging is great, with a nice big mirror, perfect size and feels very solid and sturdy. It stays on the whole day no matter what and does not make me look dirty or orangy, but like i said just a bit too dark. So if your skin is more of a medium i think this will work great but I will purchase the new milk chocolate one insted :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by bblopez64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite part about this product is that it smells like chocolate! I use it to contour and it works perfectly. It is a matte bronzer which is another plus. Compact comes with a mirror and is really pretty. Overall it is a good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Madix3

I was so excited about getting this product! I loved the natural brown tan it gave ma & the smell is so yummy! But this broke me out SO badly!!! Its the only new product Ive been using and wherever I put on this product I get a million little zits ALL over my cheeks. :( SO disappointing...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I generally like this bronzer. I love the fact that it doesn't make me look muddy, there is no hint of orange, the packaging is cute, and it SMELLS AMAZING. All things that have been covered in past reviews, which are definitely true. The price is a bit steep ($36 CAD) but for my HG bronzer I would pay this. I love how it makes me look when I've applied it as a general bronzer lightly and a little more heavily as a contour.
HOWEVER, this just won't last as much as I thought it would. I normally stuck to my rimmel bronzer which lasts a while but after a few hours I notice the contour is gone. Same thing here, I feel like I have to pile on the bronzer just to keep it going on all day. It has stayed on all day before but I had to really pile it on to do so, and for the price I don't want to waste that much product. So as it is amazing, that one flaw of it not staying as long as I should is what is keeping me from possibly buying this again. If I can figure out a way with keeping it on for a few more hours I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great bronzer and it smells AHHH-MAZING!! Like delicious cocoa, which makes sense, being that it is made with just that. This is a matte bronzer; no shimmer whatsoever, thank goodness! Bronzers & shimmer should *never* mix! The color is a nice brown with more cool tones as opposed to warm. There is not the slightest trace of orange in it, which is a definite plus in my book (I'm sure it is for the rest of you as well!)! While it looks very dark in the pan, this bronzer is actually buildable, which is great! And did I mention how wonderful it smells? lol. Unfortunately for me though, this particular shade of brown doesn't really match how my natural tan looks, which is more of a red-brown. So I use Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in medium instead. I *do* use this for contouring though, which works perfectly for me. So while this particular bronzer doesn't really match well with my skintone, I know for a fact that it does for many of my girlfriends, who use this and it looks amazing on them! It all comes down to coloring. If you don't have red tones in your natural tan, then this will look gorgeous on you. I will still continue to purchase this for contouring. The price is a bit steep, ($29 at Sephora), but totally worth it, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by darthcassie

Great bronzer for tanner girls! Absolutely no shimmer makes it great for contouring, and of course it smells great. The smell doesn't transfer to your face so it's a bit gimmicky but I'm okay with it since it's such a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ldimples00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE!!! My favorite bronzer and I use it mostly for contouring. Absolutely love the smell!!! I wish there was a really cheap dupe for this, but this is definitely worth the purchase!! I've had this for a very long time and have finally hit pan, will be repurchasing soon. It is one of the few bronzers that will not make me orange like an oompa loompa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by denns

Hands down, best bronzer of all time. Easily my HG bronzer, and while I have (and love) other ones, if I had to pick, I will always choose this over any of them.

**I am not sure if they made Chocolate Soleil darker recently, because mine is a few years old and not that dark at all. It's got great pigmentation - I have NW20 skin and its nowhere near "too dark" for me. I wouldn't ever dream of getting Milk Chocolate Soleil because the color of the original is perfect - anything lighter would too light.

The formula is very soft, with no powder or fallout, and pigmented without being too dark. It doesn't have any orange-y undertones, so it makes a fabulous contour color. I also use this as an all over bronzer, either on my cheekbones instead of a blush (or with it for extra oomph) or all over my face and neck if I want to be darker. It blends like a dream, and I love that it looks really natural if I want to use it all over and make my face 1-3 shades darker. It's buildable, so it works perfectly for that. I like it better than NARS Laguna (a tad orange-y and its got shimmer, which isn't bad but you CAN"T use it all over) and Benefit Hoola, which I find to be very muddy.

Even though its almost $30 new, I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out - even if it's just for the heavenly smell.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

Love love love! I was new to bronzer when I had bought this, the only ones I had tried were BM warmth because it came in a kit and a few drugstore ones that all were shimmery or pulled orange. Before I bought this I was debating between this and benefits hoola bronzer. I have never actually tried hoola and the reviews here and on yt were very close and I believe they are the same price. However, a few reviews on hoola said it could look muddy, but again I never tried it. The cute practical packaging was also a factor in my decision. I'm around NC25 right now and use it with a fluffy brush so it does not look too dark or harsh. My face is lighter than the rest of my body and this helps to even my color. I had purchased this before I had knew about the milk chocolate which I hear is better for lighter skin tones, because this one is so dark, but I'm glad I bought it. In the winter I can use less or lighten it up by blending it out after. I also hear that there are some new cheaper matte bronzers out there now like nyx and revlon, but I don't need more than one, I know this one will last forever, plus I love it.
***Update***
I wrote my original review in July and it is now December (almost Jan.) and I still love this even in winter. I have to say I do not wear makeup everyday, but everytime I do wear makeup this bronzer is a must have! It is especially essential becasue my face has become even more pale than the rest of me. I also wanted to add that it is still going strong and I have not hit pan, if I ever run out (I'm sure I will), I would re-buy over and over! I just love the ways this pulls together my look it gives me a sunkissed color, but nothing too outrageous for winter.