April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by BerrymintCharm

i love how these things smell, but they just pisses me off so much when they totally doesn't work with moisturizing and making my lips feel soft. actually, i think they make my lips worse in some cases. the product it self is pretty goopy and doesn't work as a balm at all, i wouldn't use it as a lip gloss either because it lasts only about 5-10 minutes on my lips. i just wish it would work better with moisturizing my lips because i have really chapped lips. i personally would not recommend it at all if you have dry or chapped lips, and if you're looking for a good quality lip balm. i would rather recommend smith's rosebud salve or softlips. only reason why i gave it 2 lippies is that it smells too good to be true. lol. otherwise it deserves 1 lippie.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by ckramer

Great product when you put it on, but eventually left my lips feeling drier everytime I applied. I have the watermelon version, and I loved the smell and taste. I'm usually not a fan of lip products that you have to use your fingers to apply, and this is pretty greasy. I got this as a gift, and won't repurchase. Have since switched to C.O. Bigelow Lip Shines.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by antelopes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got these free so I just tried them out. They definitely don't work as lip balms but as glosses they're SO GOOD! I just use a tiny bit of chapstick underneath then some of the born lippy on top as a neutral lipgloss and it's great. Has a lovely shine and doesn't look gloopy like some lip glosses do. Also, they taste wonderful! I got watermelon and mango, mmm. I'm definitely going to buy a pot when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2007 9:11:00 PM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The creamy/petroleum jelly consistency is deceiving. When I first rubbed this onto my lips I thought it was great and then within a few minutes my lips were dry. So I reapplied. I kept this up for a couple of weeks until I finally realised that my lips were getting drier because of this lip balm. I stopped using it and immediately -- yes, immediately -- my lips were better. Instead I used blistex, rosebud salve, anything. And it turns out that anything is better than The Body Shop's Born Lippy. This doesn't even work as an everyday lip gloss, because although glosses aren't meant to moisturize, they don't dry your lips with use either. This is just a bad product. Won't repurchase and don't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Natashia

Will never buy this product ever again. I bought it due to its really nice scnet. However it leaves my lips parched and drier than before. Bad product!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 9:33:00 AM More reviews by blueblood91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i was addicted to the raspberry and the strawberry versions of this product when i was in high school. i loved the scents (they smelled heavenly) and i would constantly lick my lips and eat the product and the reapply. but the actual product isn't very moisturizing (or maybe it's the constant licking) and overall as a lip balm, this is just plain ol' average. i switched to rosebud salve, it costs about the same as the born lippy lip balm, and it moisturizes better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2007 6:18:00 AM More reviews by absolution12

i dont like this lipbalm much. actually got it free (because i signed up for the yearly membership) but i feel that the lipbalm isnt very moisturising, the mint feeling is nice and refreshing but it isnt very effective at what its supposed to do. i find that the consistency is a little too thick and sticky for my liking, and that the white shimmer makes me look a bit sickly. in addition, if i use it under lipstick, for some reason, it does not absorb fully (perhaps because it is so thick) and it leaves my lipstick application rather uneven. not something i would recommend to others to spend money on

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by yuki_chou

i don't like those lip balms. i bought 2 (watermelon and cool mint) when they were on sale, and i don't like them
the smell is the only thing i like about this, very good, it makes you just want to eat it
but moisturizing? not so great. when applying, you lips feel a little better, but soon, lips turn dry
and the texture is very soft, which often makes me take more than the needed amount
the watermelon one left a nice colour over my lips but too shiny, it'd be hard applying other lip colour
the cool mint one has come sparkling thing, and a cool feeling, but it makes my lips look like dead
i won't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by mizzroyalbrat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ive got my first strawberry lip balm from TBS last year and ever since that ive been addicted to it! the balm is moisturizing and it gives the natural shine that doesn't look overly done. overall its a great product but the only thing that dissapoints me is that it doesnt last very long.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2007 7:37:00 AM More reviews by krystalchan

I became allergic to this. Hives appeared on my face (places where i scratched my face after using the lip balm with the same finger).
I wanted to love this product - smells soooo great and is very moisturising.
Packaging is poor also - dipping your finger in is unhygienic