The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feeling about this product because I have two of them and they are completely different!

Watermelon: not moisturizing, does not shield lips again sun/wind/cold and after an hours of wearing this white line on the lips appears-yuck! Smells nice though, but overall thumbs down.

Satsuma: shimmers nicely, lovely citrusy smell. not too moisturizing but much better than previous one. I use it when going to the gym :D no white line on lips - good.

I bought this awhile ago and didn't really like it. It felt really thick and funny on my lips. Also, I think it accentuated some of the dry spots on my lips. It's okay if you're in a bunch and don't have anything else.. I guess. IMO, I prefer something more moisturizing.

This stuff isn't really that good. It smells good, but goes on really thickly and doesn't have any moisturizing qualities.

I must say, I'm a bit mixed for this one. I love mint and I have this in mint so it's a winner, right? Well, not really. While I like the fact that it tingles when I apply it, I have to agree with those that say that it dries the lips. It's as if the lip balm seeped into my lips and left it dry. Maybe good for a mock lip gloss but not good enough for a lip balm. My LipIce does a better job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the cool mint and instantly smelled like I had put vics vapor rub on my lips. Too bad I didn't, I think it would have moistened my lips at least. This left my lips very dry. Horrible product.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i had one of these (orange, which has been discontinued after the satsuma one came out)...the smell, taste, texture was divine and absolutely yummylicious...left a slight glossy tint on my lips like i've been sucking on an orange popsicle...unfortunately even with it's thick jelly like texture, it does nothing to moisturise my lips, and actually ended up drying them in less than an hour after applying it on!! too bad..tsk tsk...i was addicted to applying it and was constantly dabbing it on every couple of hours just to get a whiff and have the yummy glossy balm coat my eager lips...ended up bad for my lips in the long run...plus it's not that cheap...will not repurchase (although I still always get this urge to dab on some born lippy testers when visiting the body shop). nivea or lip ice does a much job at a much cheaper price, they have spf too and and also come with a few fruity flavors.
i should be giving it 2 lippies, but i really was addicted to the juicy taste and smell of it...sigh

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

pretty colours.smells nice and sweet.

that's about all. don't have lasting power. dun work well as lip balm as it doesn't moisturize enough.

although cheap, but i think i can get better lippie than this.

i love how these things smell, but they just pisses me off so much when they totally doesn't work with moisturizing and making my lips feel soft. actually, i think they make my lips worse in some cases. the product it self is pretty goopy and doesn't work as a balm at all, i wouldn't use it as a lip gloss either because it lasts only about 5-10 minutes on my lips. i just wish it would work better with moisturizing my lips because i have really chapped lips. i personally would not recommend it at all if you have dry or chapped lips, and if you're looking for a good quality lip balm. i would rather recommend smith's rosebud salve or softlips. only reason why i gave it 2 lippies is that it smells too good to be true. lol. otherwise it deserves 1 lippie.

Great product when you put it on, but eventually left my lips feeling drier everytime I applied. I have the watermelon version, and I loved the smell and taste. I'm usually not a fan of lip products that you have to use your fingers to apply, and this is pretty greasy. I got this as a gift, and won't repurchase. Have since switched to C.O. Bigelow Lip Shines.

I got these free so I just tried them out. They definitely don't work as lip balms but as glosses they're SO GOOD! I just use a tiny bit of chapstick underneath then some of the born lippy on top as a neutral lipgloss and it's great. Has a lovely shine and doesn't look gloopy like some lip glosses do. Also, they taste wonderful! I got watermelon and mango, mmm. I'm definitely going to buy a pot when I run out.

Popular Lip Treatments