August 27, 2014 | 1384 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I kinda figured that the people who gave bad reviews never test the mascara long enough. This mascara needs to be slightly seasoned to get it to its full power.

When I first tried it, IT FLAKED SO BAD that hurt my eyes. I was almost convinced that I got a bad buy. However, I am such person who will use whatever eye products to the full use. After testing the mascara for a week, it started looking better.

I have Asian lashes, so it droops straight down, short and quite thin. I started slowly at the base and slowly worked my way up and lightly coating the tips of my lashes for 2 times and I get SUPER NATURAL LONG LASHES that is slightly volumized. Which I think it's very wearable for everyday wear. I am wearing this everyday to school or to my part-time work. And it did not flake over the long period of time, did not smudge or budge when I rubbed my eyes sometimes. It's super waterproof as I needed to get an oil-based remover to remove it.

I took out one lippie because it can't hold a curl that well in comparison to the Kiss Me Heroine Make mascara which is my holy grail mascara for lengthening.

EDIT: It started become really flaky again and barely felt like I put anything on. It don't really lengthens anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Mrs007

Best mascara I have ever used!! It's my regular mascara now! Every other mascara I've tried since then doesn't compare to Stiletto. I find that it works the absolute best if you do it slowly though. Start at the base of your lashes and make slow, steady strokes. It works super well!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by marimbist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So awesome. If you do one stroke, perfect natural-looking lashes. Three-five strokes, ready for a night out.
Best mascara I've ever had. Never buying any other.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Taylaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this mascara has to be exactly what you're looking for in order for it to work well with your eyelashes. In my case, it wasn't the greatest. My eyelashes naturally like to intertwine together, and I need to to separate them. However this mascara adds them together, not necessarily clumping though. It's as if it puts my lashes together two at a time, in order to create that "stiletto" look. So I felt as if it was doing it's job, but it wasn't what I was looking for. It does provide some length, and little volume. However since this not what I was looking for I will not purchase again. I'm sure if you like that false-eyelash look, this could work. The formula is seemingly rose scented somewhat. It doesn't affect the performance however, so that's only relevant if your eyes are sensitive to the perfumes. Good luck! (:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This mascara needs to be discontinued. I bought this mascara when it first came out. I was skeptical, because I don't like Maybelline's mascaras. This was another added dissapointment. This does absoloutley nothing. It makes little stringy eyelashes that flake off in 5 minutes. I don't know how quickly this dries out because I didn't keep it long enough to find out, but I'm guessing it probably dries out fast. This is very cheap quality mascara. This is probably the worst mascara I've ever used. I do not reccommend this mascara, & I will never buy this again. If you're a true mascara user, & you know how mascara is supposed to work, don't even waste your time with this one. If there are over 1000 reviews, & the percentage that would buy this again is in the 40's, there's a reason why. Don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by eternalxluvv

A friend recommended me this mascara. It lengthens my lashes a lot but in a natural way so I like using this for school/every day purpose.

I wish it held the curls more though + gave some volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was awful! I put layers upon layers, and there was NO volume, and NO length! I have never had a mascara this useless... and i buy alot of them! Right now I have about 9 open mascaras... this is the worst I have.

I mean zero volume, no matter how many coats i put on. How does that even work?! Waste of money.

Might be ok if you already have long and thick lashes - i don't, and this was useless.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara did absolutely nothing for me except weigh my lashes down... didn't give any significant length, hold curl, or volume. It basically looked like my own lashes except darker.... and it clumps easily if you are not very careful with applying. It was a total waste of money for me, chucked it after 3 uses. Would not recommend this to anyone, there are tons of mascaras out there which give much better results than this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first it was nice. Very clean, long lash look. Then after about a week, it started flaking so much it was not wearable anymore. And I'm not even someone who doesn't store makeup properly, so I think it's just the formula that dries out too quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Glasllyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wonder if those who gave it bad reviews purchased it from a place that didn't store it properly, e.g., too hot or cold, something like that. This mascara separates my lashes, doesn't clump, is just the right consistency- all around great product. I purchased it from a very busy drugstore (can I say CVS?), so maybe it's somehow fresher or newer than, say, Wal-Mart. I'm only speculating, of course, but I can't imagine hating this mascara.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No