July 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by V4N3SS4ful

Pros:
.....

Cons:
Dries out quickly
Not very pigmented
Smudges
Runs

Do not buy. At your own risk. Unless you want to be a raccoon:)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by reesagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very oily hooded lids, so finding an eyeliner that stays all day has been impossible. I thought I had an HG here, but no. The pen worked well, easy to use and smooth application. Color was weak though, and I had to take 2 swipes to get a solid strong line. Color did not last all day, sinking into my water line and lids by day's end and faded. Also the pen dried up really quickly so I kept buying new ones thinking I got a bad pen, and ended up buying way too many. All in all, though cheap, not a repeat buy for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by EMcTx

I have used this eyeliner for months and I love it. I haven't had any problem with it drying out.I use it on my top lash line only, and it leaves a dark line and doesn't smudge. It's the only one I've tried where I don't have to put powder on to set it. That's a big plus for me, because it takes me too long as it is to put makeup on. It also lasts all day. I love that it's only a buck, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by keenaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lasted me ... two uses! Then it completely dried out.
I don't like to waste my money even if it's only a dollar!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by cheeseguts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, it does dry out, but it works if you cap it tightly and then leave it upside down like it says on the package. After that you have to let it.."recharge". It's good for toplining and tight lining the top but not the waterline. You also have to go over the line a couple times to make it nice and intense, however, the tip is nice and pointy so it's not a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Geesh. It's a buck. A BUCK. That's uber-cheap for something that works even so-so and this is (a little) better than so-so.

With regard to the infamous "dry tip" issue (that sounds kinda kinky), I solve it by (a) making sure the cap is totally snapped on, (b) storing it upside down, and (c) with the cap on, whipping it toward the floor a few times to force the liquid into the felt tip.

Don't forget and do it with the cap off. Brown flecks of liquid all over the work clothes laid out for the next day will make for a cranky hubby. More so when he is bleary-eyed at oh-dark-thirty and doesn't see said flecks and had one of his employees point them out on his shirt. Derp.

If you are looking for it to give you big bold cat eyes, look elsewhere. This liner is best for lining top upper lashline ONLY. If you like to fill in your eyelash gaps with liner, this is your product. Don't bother using it on the lower lashline or for a big, wide, bold liner look. That is not this liner's forte.

I usually have to go over it a few times to get it nice and dark (I have it in Coffee, I'm too old for harsh black liner). However, it doesn't crack, chunk, smear or flake once it has set...which, being a liquid liner, can be around 30 seconds if you don't have a fan handy. So don't be inspecting your ceiling for holes until you're sure it's dry, or you'll be smudging this onto your browbones.

With regard for waterproofness, I rarely cry and try to stay inside when it's raining or snowing. Except snowboarding, and I use a PENCIL on those days. I may be a ditz, but I'm not stupid. When you're being filmed with a GoPro and relatives are clamoring for video of the latest crash, I want them pointing out the awkward manner in which I bailed, not how crappy my liner looks when I hit the snow face-first. I'm funny that way. ("Laugh at how I broke my wrist, not how goofy my makeup looks!")

But hey, I am a super-cheap tight-ass who loves makeup but hates shelling out for it, so if I can find something that works but requires a few silly steps or extra prep work, I'm all over it. Recommend.

It's a buck. Just in case you, like, missed that earlier. ;)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by nissaavery

Lick. The. Damn. Brush.
It works. Trust me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I bought this at the only local place that carries ELF products--Dollarama. It's probably why the liner I got was extremely dried up, but I wasn't impressed with the tip (really hard) or the liner I managed to get out. Still, a liner that's completely dried inside the packaging isn't worth the buck fifty I paid.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by charleyrupert

dont waste your time or money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Absolute piece of garbage, maybe I got a bad batch I don't know but when I went to go use it it barely showed on my lid. It showed up as a very very very faded grey color and the brush scratched my eyelid. Waste of a dollars a I'm glad it wasn't anymore then that, I wouldn't repurchase at all, I love elf products but they really bombed this one.