April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by cheeseguts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, it does dry out, but it works if you cap it tightly and then leave it upside down like it says on the package. After that you have to let it.."recharge". It's good for toplining and tight lining the top but not the waterline. You also have to go over the line a couple times to make it nice and intense, however, the tip is nice and pointy so it's not a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Geesh. It's a buck. A BUCK. That's uber-cheap for something that works even so-so and this is (a little) better than so-so.

With regard to the infamous "dry tip" issue (that sounds kinda kinky), I solve it by (a) making sure the cap is totally snapped on, (b) storing it upside down, and (c) with the cap on, whipping it toward the floor a few times to force the liquid into the felt tip.

Don't forget and do it with the cap off. Brown flecks of liquid all over the work clothes laid out for the next day will make for a cranky hubby. More so when he is bleary-eyed at oh-dark-thirty and doesn't see said flecks and had one of his employees point them out on his shirt. Derp.

If you are looking for it to give you big bold cat eyes, look elsewhere. This liner is best for lining top upper lashline ONLY. If you like to fill in your eyelash gaps with liner, this is your product. Don't bother using it on the lower lashline or for a big, wide, bold liner look. That is not this liner's forte.

I usually have to go over it a few times to get it nice and dark (I have it in Coffee, I'm too old for harsh black liner). However, it doesn't crack, chunk, smear or flake once it has set...which, being a liquid liner, can be around 30 seconds if you don't have a fan handy. So don't be inspecting your ceiling for holes until you're sure it's dry, or you'll be smudging this onto your browbones.

With regard for waterproofness, I rarely cry and try to stay inside when it's raining or snowing. Except snowboarding, and I use a PENCIL on those days. I may be a ditz, but I'm not stupid. When you're being filmed with a GoPro and relatives are clamoring for video of the latest crash, I want them pointing out the awkward manner in which I bailed, not how crappy my liner looks when I hit the snow face-first. I'm funny that way. ("Laugh at how I broke my wrist, not how goofy my makeup looks!")

But hey, I am a super-cheap tight-ass who loves makeup but hates shelling out for it, so if I can find something that works but requires a few silly steps or extra prep work, I'm all over it. Recommend.

It's a buck. Just in case you, like, missed that earlier. ;)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by nissaavery

Lick. The. Damn. Brush.
It works. Trust me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I bought this at the only local place that carries ELF products--Dollarama. It's probably why the liner I got was extremely dried up, but I wasn't impressed with the tip (really hard) or the liner I managed to get out. Still, a liner that's completely dried inside the packaging isn't worth the buck fifty I paid.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by charleyrupert

dont waste your time or money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Absolute piece of garbage, maybe I got a bad batch I don't know but when I went to go use it it barely showed on my lid. It showed up as a very very very faded grey color and the brush scratched my eyelid. Waste of a dollars a I'm glad it wasn't anymore then that, I wouldn't repurchase at all, I love elf products but they really bombed this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kr1sti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Works well for one application, then the brush just splits and scratches the eyelid, or it doesn't 'dispense' enough product. Some eyeliners dried up while still in the packaging. Not waterproof, the colours are sheer or just awful, like the one in 'Coffee'. I got it in 4 shades from ELF UK and the same happened to all of them. Besides the felt tip is too stiff.

This review is for their old design (bought mines 1/2 year ago). ELF recently redesigned the tip, so maybe the new ones work better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by easturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Aside from the tinted moisturizer, this was the first ELF product that I didn't like at all. I bought this in brown and in black, and the brown one came already dried up! The black one was OK when I used it because it gave a really fine line, but it dried up after 2 uses! It isn't like I put it on heavily or forgot to put the cap back on either. This is just the classic case of "you get what you pay for" I suppose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Stored on it side before my first use, application was a pain due to barely any liquid on the brush. Stored over night upside down so the liquid can saturate the brush for my second use. The brush was a little more wet then the previous day, was still a little hard to apply. Performance wise, it lasts all day without smudging, flaking or coming off due to watery eyes. That is a plus. I think the dryer formula slash application process helps with the lasting power of the actual product. For a dollar I will repurchase. I think the longer I store it upside down the more moist the brush will get therefore make a easier application process:)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Ztte3699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd like to start off by saying that even if this was only a dollar, I expected a LITTLE better from ELF. Their brushes, for one are ahhh-mazing for the price, and their eyeshadow is good too. Back on track... this eyeliner pen royally SUCKED. Like, really bad. So bad, I must warn you. Maybe I'm just overreacting, but it let me down. The moment I got home from target, I swatched this puppy. It wasn't absolutely amazing but I figured this would be my everyday, easygoing eyeliner while saving my expensive ones for special occasions. The tip softened and broke off by the second use and dried up by the third. The pigmentation sucks! This thing Sucks!! Don't buy it :P