Cover Girl Exact Eyelights

3.1

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara isn't as good as the pther covergirl mascara. It doesn't brighten the eye, and it somewhat clumps. I would choose lashblast over this product. Lashblast is the best mascara ever. I would definitely recommend you to buy it instead of this product.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got the Covergirl Exact Eyelights mascara because I have hazel eyes, and normally you can't see the flecks of green in my eyes, so I wanted to see if this would help bring them out. What I found was...

*The wand made my lashes longer and more curled but not thicker
*The mascara was a little flakey, but not a lot
*You could hardly tell that my eyes looked any different then they would with normal-colored marcara
*The mascara didn't dry out
*It was a pretty decent product, considering I bought it from a drugstore
*It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad
*The mascara didn't clump, which was very nice
*I recommend it if you are just starting to wear makeup, or if you are younger

Overall, I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. I would get it if you want a decent mascara that works, but doesn't do anything special...I think this product was advertised to work better than it did, but it was still okay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It was an good mascara... Not the best thing out there but I did like that IT DID NOT CLUMP! and it really separates your lashes. It is my everyday mascara unless I need dramatic lashes. I love the way it made my eyelashes look. I recommend this mascara for younger girls who are just trying out new make up cause it is very subtle :)

on 8/29/2009 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Don't get overly excited by this....

Despite all it's claims to 'brighten' your eye colour, in my experience this mascara does nothing of the sort. It has a brush and formula similar to Lashexact and Volume exact thus it gives decent, length, thickness and separation to lashes. But brightening effects? Zero, nada, none whatsoever.

This is just another basic CG mascara with a tiny bit of microshimmer to it that is visible if you stare directly at the brush but is pretty much invisible on lashes.

Wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/27/2009 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

while this mascara is pretty box standard good, no clumping and all. i didn't see any difference to the highlighterning my eyes. so i think you aer paying a bit much for just mascara. i would probably still buy again though as it is a good stand by and not as expenisve at the other ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just got this because I read some reviews about the mascara not clumping which excited me. Turns out it really doesn't clump! I'm not sure if it brings out the colour in my eyes or whatnot BUT I do know that it makes my eyes look wider. The mascara doesn't give you dramatic lashes but I'm just looking for a subtle, natural look for school. I have yet to see how long the eyeliner lasts. I'll edit this when at the end of the day.

Edit: Okay the eyeliner is pretty good but doesn't last all that long. I guess it's a good line for me since I'm just starting out with makeup so yeah.

on 8/27/2009 12:14:00 PM

It works fine like any mascara, and it's nothing special. You pay over 10$ for a mascara designed to brighten and compliment your eye color, but I think it doesn't do anything if you've got dark brown eyes like mine. Maybe for green or hazel it's better, but it's just a very plain black mascara that's too expensive.

I was very excited to try this mascara when I first saw an ad for it. I needed new mascara because I still hadn't found one that was light on my eyelashes and made my eyes look good. When I bought the mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow that all went together for green eyes I was excited. I was going to work that night and decided it would be worth it to try them all. When I was applying the eyeliner, it went on very smoothly and was easy to apply. The eyeshadow was very simple to follow. It made my eyes have a smokey eye look with a reddish-purple twist to it. Then it was time for the mascara. I applied it starting at the base of the lashes and ran it through my lashes in a zigzag motion. It I was amazed when I was done the first coat. I only needed to do one coat on my lashes. I saw a big difference in how my eye looked. They did pop out. When I went to work, I got so many comments on how wonderful my eyes looked. I love this product and I'm going to keep buying this product. I love it!

on 8/22/2009 3:31:00 AM

This product claims to lengthen your lashes and brighten your eyes. When comparing its formula with my other mascaras you can see some sparkles and it appears shiny. But I don't find it brighten my eyes at all. It just seems like any of their other mascaras. I also didn't like the brush. My lashes would clump after the second coat. I paid about $7 so its not really expensive and not a big loss if you don't like it. I would not purchase this again!

on 8/16/2009 6:57:00 PM

I was let down. Really let down. My eyelashes were brittle and it looked like eyeshadow or something had fallen on my lashes, no pop.