April 17, 2014 | 1913 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by gigiproductions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only used MAC mascara for YEARS because 80% of the time i wear lashes so to me mascara wasnt such a big deal to really make a big deal about as long as it blended. As of late tho I have been wearing a lot of neutrals and dont wear lashes unless its a special occasion or im going out etc.

Smoky Lash is my new FAVORITE mascara. It works perfect for me. I use a lash comb to separate and it doesn't clump. People have asked me if I am wearing lashes and im just wearing smoky lash. I definitely recommend this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by brandpink101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara after seeing how much the pixiwoos loved it. For some reason, it always flakes on me, and i almost never have this problem with mascaras. I've tried it with primer underneath and by itself and nothing seems to be working. Total bummer because I really love how black it is and how it looks on others :/ Will probably play with it some more, but i've already given it about two weeks of daily usage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by AHollowMouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a self-admitted mascara junkie and this is my latest obsession. Smoky Lash is the best. It's dark dark black and makes my lashes look miles long. I didn't notice a big change in the thickness (a little, but not a lot). It also doesn't flake off or give me raccoon eyes at the end of the day. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

love love this stuff. best mascara i've ever tried! when i first got it i didn't like it much so i set it aside for a few weeks. went to use it again and it applied like a dream. i'm not sure if letting it sit for awhile helped(i feel like it really did!) but either way, something happened that made it incredible. gives me awesome volume AND length. is quite expensive though for a mascara and since i'm on a budget i haven't repurchased lately but when i get a new job i'll be repurchasing asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by rdrgz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This may be my 4th tube of this mascara.. I went out on a limb and purchased a while ago when I wasn't much of a makeup junkie and oh boy........! Before this, I used to use Diorshow and I loved it. But that gave me more of a natural looking lash. Smokey lash gives you deep, dark, thick, voluminous eyelashes WITH A CURL without using an eyelash curler! I absolutely love that look on me as I don't really wear eyeshadow. Seems strange right? But I don't really have a lid for eyeshadow. The colors disappear in my crease. I like to stock up when sephora has sales. I just ran out =( This is definitely one of my FAVORITE mascaras ever. I don't mind splurging on such a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

Oh smoky lash!! This is a mascara that grew on me. I bought it because of all the hype and when I rushed home that day and tried it boy was I disappointed! I had horrible wet looking spider lashes!!! So poor smoky lash sat in my vanity for a few months before I decided that I couldn't waste a $22 mascara. Suprise, suprise, in those couple of months in a drawer the formula had dried up a bit and instead of wet sticky lashes I got soft full lengthened lashes with some of the darkest black colour I had ever seen. I soon found through experimentation that smoky lash works even better when used over a volumizing mascara (I use Maybelline Full and Soft). So all in all I really grew to love smoky lash and it's now my go to going out mascara. I find it a bit much for daytime and honestly just don't have the patiance to work with it in the morning. I took one lippie off because it is quite difficult to work with and you might have to wait two months before you're able to use it (I've heard this has happened to other ppl too so I know mine wasn't a bad batch or something), not to mention freakin expensive for a mascara, but was it worth it? Would I buy again? I think I would.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by vester1228

I really love this mascara. I was using Lancome but found it didn't give me thickness to my lashes. An associate suggested I try this and I'm glad I did! It builds length and volume without flaking or smearing. Another reviewer was right, you have to watch the layers, keep it to two, otherwise you will end up with clumps. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by littlegray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is well worth the money, and second to only Dior Blackout, because it can be a little clumpy if you aren't careful. The volume it adds is impressive, and it holds curl very well. My lashes looked long and full throughout the day. It does not smear or flake, which is great because I wear glasses and it doesn't leave specks on my lenses.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by diorcheriex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. My favorite feature to play up is my eyes, so I like to wear a really dramatic mascara- and this is it! I have oily skin and this doesn't give me the raccoon eyes I have always had to deal with. Definitely love this product and highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by winkkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this a fabulous mascara. I tried it without a primer to see how it would work on its own. I was surprised to see that the mascara without a primer built coverage, length, curl, and thickness. It does take a little longer to develop the amount of coverage for vavavoom lashes, but the time is definitely worth the end result.