Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

UPDATE: I actually can't stand this mascara, I've been using it daily for going on my second week and there is definitely already a dryer consistency to it, its even harder to work with then when it was new. I would NEVER think about spending my money on this again.
------------------------------

hmmm...I waited over 6 months before making the decision to give this mascara a try. I do like it. It does give bigger bang than DS mascaras. It does clump. It is costly. Does it live up to the hype surrounding it? Mostly. I would not repurchase this
unless I had money burning a hole in my pocket.

FYI: Worked better for me when I did not curl my lashes. It looks best with two coats. Two coats makes it slightly more frustrating to remove. Be sure to begin at root and wiggle through, effects are not nearly as nice if you apply it quickly or halfass.

on 11/7/2010 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been looking for a great volumizing/lengething/keep the curl mascara - and am getting tired of shelling out 30$ for mascaras that just suck.

I love MUFE aqua creams and shadows so i thought to give this a try since it claims to do it all. Not so much true. Yes it is super black, and i suppose it is volumizing if you consider dumping a ton of product onto the lashes to make them look thicker?? Too much product clumps up like crazy - and yes, you can get a decent look if you spend the time with an eyelash comb - but if you add more than one coat of this stuff it is just a mess, and one coat doesn't seem to do it. More than one coat and you are left with droopy spider lashes. boooo. I do still use this for a night out - when i feel like putting in an xtra 15 minutes to do my mascara - but the last few times i have used this i have been so unhappy with the results i have removed all my eye m/u and started over. soooo not worth it in my book. def NOT repurchase.

on 11/4/2010 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you are looking for dark thick lashes this is your mascara! It is amazing! I have very thin lashes and this makes me look like I'm wearing falsies! LOVE!

on 11/3/2010 8:46:00 PM

I love me some good mascara and this has pleased in every way. Looks good without primer; looks even better with primer; plays nicely layered with other mascara brands; doesn't smear, flake or give me spider leg lashes. It also comes off fairly easily and we all know how important that is.

Good stuff. My only issue is that the tube seemed to dry up after only 5 weeks. Since then it has looked more brittle.

on 10/22/2010 5:34:00 PM

This is a very good mascara, the best one I have tried so far.. it makes my lashes thick and long, but it can be a little bit flaky for summer or humid climate.

on 10/22/2010 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I absolutely love this mascara! Its my HG mascara! I have asian thin lashes which though long are stickly straight (hard to curl) and lacks in pigment. I've tried numerous mascaras but none like this. This holds my curl, gives me that dark, rich black pigment, and gives me volume. Its truly an all-in-one mascara. Plus, it comes off easily with my oil cleanser. When wearing it I actually look like I have lashes and get compliments on it all the time. I will purchase always. Already on my second tube. MUFE please do not discontinue this mascara. Did i mention that its economical too?

on 10/21/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love this mascara...one of the best i ever used!! It's dramatic and very very Black in color which i love! I think it's way expensive so i dont know how often i will buy this but i do love it so much!!

on 10/17/2010 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is a good mascara if you like a dramatic look. Its very black, builds quick length and volume. You could use a lengthening mascara over it if you want more seperation and length. The problem is, its awesome for the first month and a half, then it dries out pretty quick, I wouldnt re purachse because of that, its too expensive for a month or so of use. It is a GOOD mascara though.

on 10/14/2010 10:43:00 PM

I just came off using Maybelline's Colossal waterproof mascara because it was so hard to take off. While it was relatively easy to wash off at night with my MAC Cleanse off oil, it was a pain to clean the smudges in the morning after applying. You know how you get those black smudges on your eyelids when putting on mascara?

Using a q-tip with an eye cream, I'd still have to do some major swiping just to get the smudges off. I was ready to go back to Department Store mascara. After seeing pixiwoo on youtube, I was excited to see how this fared.

It didn't do anything for my lashes. It applied nicely but failed to build or lengthen. This one is going back.

on 10/8/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So far liking this mascara...a good mascara to me is imp. as most days its usually the only eye makup I wear. I have nice lashes and like to play up what I got...

My previous HG was YSL Faux Cils....and it remains to be seen if this compares. I didn't like how fast that dried up - and it was $30 a pop which seem extreme. I don't really need thickness but more so length and that delivered.

Bought this a while ago - and left in the hotel I was staying in the day I opened it !:( so decided to try again as I like alot of MUFE products (HD concealer = HG). So far I like how dark my lashes are (I have dark brown/black hair - so the darker the better) and seems to thicken and lengthen at the same time. With YSL if I wanted ultra thick and dark when I went out would have to layer with CG LB...(which on its own is crap IMO)

Don't know if it will dry up - will have to report back. I also like how much lighter the packaging is..the metal tube on YSL was nice - but added extra weight to my makeup bag ...

Pros: Adds volume AND length (rare)
Extra Black
Doesn't leave flake on me

Cons:
Pricy for what it is
Get the feeling it will dry out quickly
Not a good "layering" mascara...trying to do that just makes it clumpy looking...