July 29, 2014 | 1950 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Pro's -
Cheap,
Environmentally friendly,
Effectively cleans hair,
Leaves hair soft,
Leaves hair light,
Leaves hair bouncy,
Leaves hair very easy to style WITHOUT heat.

Con's -
Messy,
Much be prepared fresh each time,
VERY drying,
Effectively removes colour from colour-treated hair.

I use this in place of my $20 shampoo. Dissolve one table spoon of baking soda in warm water. Get in the shower and wet hair. Work it through your hair, comb it through. Let sit while you do the rest of your routine. Rinse out. Apply a leave-in conditioner. Style as usual but WITHOUT hot tools!

My hair now holds a really nice curl without any hassle. No product, no heat, no time required. Just brush it with a round brush and go. Love it.

I wash my hair with baking soda every time I get in the shower because I have greasy hair. It's recommended that you only use baking soda once or twice a week at most as it is very drying.

When you initially make the switch, try to do it during a week where you won't need to leave the house very often. Do not wash your hair for three or four days so the natural oil is there. Wash with baking soda. Wait two days and wash with baking soda. Then start washing every day with baking soda. You will see a huge difference in one week. I did!

My hair did become VERY DRY. If that is a huge problem for you, do not use baking soda on your hair, or do not use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by sw1123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product! I used this after reading the reviews on MUA and it makes my skin very soft and has reduced acne scars. Will definitely continue using it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use baking soda in place of shampoo. I dissolve about 1 TBSP per cup of water and use that to wash my hair and scalp. It works amazing. No residue, no dry strands, just clean healthy hair and scalp. I started using it when I couldn't stop getting nasty dandruff and was suffering from some serious frizzy hair. I think all the silcones in products was building up. So I used baking soda to clarify and then thought "why don't I just use this all the time!". So I do. And I'm so happy. No chemicals, cheaper than shampoo, and my hair looks amazingly shiny. I'd highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by 1986tee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Used for physical exfoliation purposes one a week. After removing makeup and cleansing face, I use product as an exfoliant. My regular cleanser is Cetaphil, so I combine 2-3 pumps of cleanser with approximately a tbsp of baking soda. I apply to damp face, and massage in circular motions for a few minutes. This is the best exfoliant I have used, and it is so cheap. The granuales are so small, it is a great micro-exfoliant. I don't think I will ever repurchase a regular exfoliant from the store again. Holy grail status.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

After endlessly searching for my Neutrogena AntiResidue Shampoo in every store imaginable (and any other clarifying shampoo for that matter) I had all but given up and accepted that my hair would be an oily gross gunky blob for the rest of my life. I'm in college, and unemployed (classes take up too much time to work :( ) and so I've been finding ways to be frugal, but still look fabulous. Enter baking soda. I remember looking this up on MUA a while back, and decided to give it a shot. So I put some in a dixie cup, mixed it with my regular shampoo, and lo and behold, it worked! My hair was squeaky clean and shiny! Worked even better than my Neutrogena shampoo, which I swear by! I also used it as a gentle scrub for my face (once a week though!) and it dulled the redness in my breakouts and made my skin feel way smooth. It does a lot and costs so little. Definitely an HG product, and I'm definitely repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by bonitajayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Using Baking soda combined with an apple cider vinegar toner has completely helped heal my skin from the hormonal mess I had after going off birth control. I spent a fortune on products with very little success, and trying every other home remedy I could get my hands on, without resorting to harsh chemicals from a dermatologist. Been there as a teenager, did not want to go there again.

I've been washing my face, chest, neck, and back with a combo of neem and turmeric face wash mixed together with baking soda daily, and doing a baking soda mask, this time mixing it together with a lavender face wash, twice a week. Then I follow it with a Bragg's ACV toner, which I've made with half vinegar, half strong green tea, and about 15 drops of essential lavender oil. (Still smells, but is more bearable!) I put it in a small spray bottle which works well for my back and chest. And I spray some on a cotton pad for my face and neck.

In about 2 week's time, I've gone from having a major red breakout on my back and chest, and a few deep ones on my face, to about 85% healed. There are still a few areas that need more time, but I am so incredibly pleased. I will keep doing this! It is cheap, I always have it on hand, and it's easy to find no matter where you live.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I see there are lots of great ideas for baking soda. I personally use it to get rid of the gunk in my very long thick hair after too much use of hair spray, gels, or continuous use of the same shampoo. I dissolve 1 tbpsn of the stuff in a jug of boiling water, let it stand until its nice and lukewarm to warm and then rinse it through my hair while I massage the strands. You won't believe the crap that comes out of my hair. After I've shampoo-ed and conditioned my hair with my usual products, my hair is transformed- silky and oh so soft. Don't sepnd money on clarifying shampoos- just use baking soda.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Dusty00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have just started using Retin A, and am experiencing peeling and a little tightness. So, I have been moisturizing a lot trying to keep the peelies away. I have always used a little baking soda with my cleanser to exfoliate, but that seemed to drying right now. I have started using 1 Tbs of olive oil, and 1 Tbs of baking soda, and it is great. Buff gently in circles, then wash with a gentle cleanser, it works fantastic! Reduced the peeling and feels healing to my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by mcolon

I used it as a facial scurb and mask didnt work. Caused several white heads (7) and my skin four days later is still reacting to it by breaking out. I would recommend. I also didnt change anything in skin care products Using angels on bare skin cleanser and rose and lavender toner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by elvira88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best exfoliator EVER!!!!!! Cant go wrong with this ladies and gentlemen!