November 23, 2014 | 1505 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by coldkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The colors are beautiful in the palette, ranging from matte and satiny shades. Typically pigmented, nothing too amazing. I found the texture rather disturbing, too powdery and dry, like pure talc. Reminds me of chalk. On my eyes, the colors tend to look blotchy and cheap. Very drying to my eyes and the colors look dull, but not because they're matte! The "shimmery" colors (like the silver) are so frosty (not in a good way) that it's impossible to apply it with fallout. While all the colors are THAT powdery and horribly made they will fallout, but the sparkly shades will go all over your face. This is so unnecessarily powdery that it will break and you loose so much product when you dip your brush/sponge applicator in it. The one matte blue color (the second to last in the middle) oxidizes so much, and other colors do as well. Most end up looking muddy and just.. ew. Plus, the packaging is so crappy and cheap, it fell off almost immediately.

**WARNING!!
As well as that, these eyeshadows BURN my eyes. I don't even have sensitive eyes and they sting my lids so intensely that they give me an eyeshadow. This has happened to me with the 120 palettes. This is has NEVER happened to me before, and I hate to be this way, but I strongly suspect this has lead in it. My first bad reaction to eyeshadow, and it's unregulated, Chinese makeup. We all know China has a bad reputation for lead poisoning. Come on now guys, a HEADACHE?! It happens every time I apply this to my bare lids, as well as a few minor, but still annoying, thrusts in my hand and arm.

Lead has a negative effect on the brain, causing neurological disorders. Maybe that's why I felt my head throbbing. Even a swatch on my hand gives me a bad reaction

Remember, with a lot of these Asian ebay/Coastal/wholesale makeup palettes, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!

And the fact that I am not the only one who got this bad reaction scares me! On Youtube, Livejournal, and on here, I have seen people complaining about something funky happening to their eyes.

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kellydorado

I wanted this product for a very long time. When I first got it i was so excited. I got the 88 shimmer eyeshadows. I absolutely love it! A little bit goes a long way and they last all day for the most part. You can blend them to make any color as if the 88 isn't enough. I will definately buy it again should I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by julia0192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

amazing.
as a newbie with the whole makeup thing..(i've been really INTO makeup for about a year now) this palette has done amazing things for me and let me try out new looks. plus the pigmentation is INCREDIBLE...and for only like what 20 bucks? btw...i suggest checking for this on ebay and NOT coastalscents.com bc its like 10 bucks shipping on coastal scents...lameee and ebay you can prob get it for wayy cheaper :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this pallette. Has any and every color you could ever need. Given, some colors are more pigmented than others. They last pretty well if you use a primer or a cream shadow as a base. Alone I dont think they would do too well. The blues, greens and purples are fabulous but the yellows dont show up at all. This is my favorite pallette from coastal scents. I have the shimmer pallette as well, but I use this alot more. Ideal for budget buyers and those just starting out in makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by ascopes

I love this palette. The colours are soooo pigmented that you don't even need a lot on your brush. the whole palette is only 20 dollars! that's pretty much the price of a mac eyeshadow. I'm so happy I learned about this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by LoveKatieLea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this pallet. I'm not sure why people are giving it bad reviews, probably because they apply it wrong. These eye shadows will not apply well if you use a sponge tip applicator. Also, make sure you either use eyeshadow primer or concealer before the application of the colors. Some are not very pigmented, but with two layers they are fabulous. Twenty dollars for 88 colors is unbelievable-especially for this kind of product. My first time using it I broke the small latch, but I'm very pleased that it will stay closed even without the latch. I live in Arizona, and it was shipped in less than a week to my house, with the cheapest shipping. I recommend this product for people of all skill levels, its a must have product, bottom line.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by rrhoden05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is just okay, Some of the light eye shadows are a bit chalky, and some of the eyeshadows are more pigmented then others. When I go to apply the eyeshadow on my lid, the color just doesn't seem to transfer well off my brush onto my eyelid, I have to keep applying forever to build the color and also the colors tend to fade at the end of the day even with a good base.. Alot of colors for the money but the quality isn't the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Kalhalis

This is a great palette regardless if you're a pro or beginner. Colors are quite rich and you don't have to use much to have the color show. Easy to apply and lasts pretty long. Great price also!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by RhinestoneBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have 2 Coast Scents 88 pallettes. I have the warm and the ultra shimmer pallettes. And I adore them both! The packaging is nice, and fairly strong, although I know that sometimes during shipping the shadows can be damaged. Luckly enough this has never happened to me. In the 88 ultra shimmer pallette, the colors are done on a color scale, starting with white, and ending in black. And trust me you get EVERY color in between. They are bright and super pigmented. The warm pallette is the same, starting with lightest to darkest. Again, very pigmented. Th warm pallet is great for those who don't go for bright pinks, greens, and blues. While the 88 Ultra Shimmer, and 88 Matte, have bright colors in every range. I tend to neglect my MAC shadows now that I have 2 Coast Scents pallettes.

Shipping is a little much if you ask me. Most of the time when I order something it comes in a padded envelope.

But their Customer Service is great. The people I've talked to are nice, and very helpful with anything and everything.

I will be buying more, and would tell EVERYONE to buy at least one!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by infirmierabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was happy with this product. The shadows last all day with a primer. Some shadows have more payoff than others. A great variety for a beginner or someone who wants to play with colors. Very inexpensive and fair packaging. Some had problems with the packaging breaking, but I have not yet.