December 20, 2014 | 1732 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite liquid liner that I've tried. I recently converted to liquid after years of gel/brush. This is a lovely, precise liner with great pigmentation. Definitely the darkest black of all my other liners in comparison (MAC Fluidline, Clinique Brush on).

I rate this high because of ease of application and pigmentation. The staying power on me is a full day and I have no complaints of flaking (I even have oily lids).

This loses a rating for me because:
- I wish the tip was a little bitter narrower to do winged liner. To do my favourite winged top liner I have to use this thinly across the lid and finish the wing with a brush and gel liner.
- The felt tip tends to get ratty and worn quickly. It seems every time I pull this out of the tube another piece of felt has flaked off.

Overall this is a lovely liner but you do have to work with it a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Melodiee

This is an HG eyeliner for me. The color is a true black. The felt tip makes it super easy to apply while getting a true black color the first time through. I don't know why people are saying it flakes off. It hasn't flaked at all for me. I usually put some MAC Carbon Black eyeshadow on top of it to smudge it a bit since I'm terrible at applying eyeliner in straight line. I've bought this over and over!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by therealveal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I was really impressed with how easy it was to apply this eyeliner. I usually make these crooked little lines whenever I try to use liquid liner, but the felt tip on this was a breeze to use! The line was gorgeous. Then, I used my eyelash curler and it took the eyeliner off! What?! Seriously, you just TOUCH it and it flakes off. SO LAME, could have been awesome, but it's really just annoying.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by cabrams13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm rather surprised at all the good reviews. The color was great - after 2-3 applications. And the tip is terrible, it made it very difficult to get a precise line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by beautiflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my mind this is just the perfect liquid eyeliner. It's a very intense, carbon black. the felt tip works amazingly. i find it's much easier to use then a brush tip. you can get a really fine line or a thick dramatic line. And, it lasts all day! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Suppie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a feeling l'oreal changed the formula of this eyeliner 2 years ago (2010). I bought my first ever liner from them around 2009 and I love how dark my carbon black eyeliner was. The color was amazing, one swipe and that's all you needed. You would get this amazing dark liner on your eyelids and it would stay put forever and ever.

I loved it so much, I bought a backup of the product in 2010, I finally got to open the new liner since the old one I had dried up. I applied the liner on today and was totally blown away on how much the quality has decreased. Not only is the liner so much lighter than the old liner I had, the staying power has decreased significantly. I use to have a good 8 hour wear to this liner (mind you my asian eyelids are super oily) when I tried this liner, I barely got 4 hours of weartime before the new formula flaked out on me.

I'm super disappointed about this because this used to be my HG eyeliner formula. I'll purchase another one of these to make sure the new one I bought wasn't a defect, but if the same thing happens to me again, I'll just have to go back to my wet n wild gel liner. I'm very disappointed in you L'oreal! Please stop changing an already amazing formula. Your customer is very unsatisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The Lineur Intense that I bought was not opaque. I apply eyeliner with a magnifying mirror so I can see that the formula is very thin.
The black line is spotty as it would be if one used too much water and too little black shadow too make a line.

I only wear liner to blend in the Ardell #118 lashes that I wear every day. For that purpose this liner works. It's easy to make a nice thin natural looking line.

If I weren't wearing lashes I would be better off using a shadow for liner. The pigmentation on this one is the worst I've encountered in a lifetime of black liquid eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i love this liquid eyeliner. its very precise and its very very pigmented. i prefer waterproof eyeliner but this does not smudge or budge and it stays put til i take it off. i wouldnt wear it in the pool but it is absolutely fabulous. it is so easy to apply and i always get an even line.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by shamimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product because everyone raves about this product. I was not impressed. Either I received one that was drying out or it is not as black as I was led to believe. It is black when it is applied to bare eyelids but if your applying it after you have done an eyeshadow look, the line is not as opaque and often requires two or more coats. I have used the Prestige Liquid liner for years now and I am going back to it. I probably would not repurchase this because of the fact that the line is not as opaque. I would only repurchase to see if it is the tube I bought or if that is the true color. It is kind of expensive too for the color not to be as black. The only thing good is the packaging and the felt tip brush for good precise angles.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this after hearing quite a few great reviews and I was a bit skeptical at first, but tried it anyway. I love this stuff!! I have always used Penultimate by MAC and though it is still my favorite, this is much easier to apply. I just wish Loreal would stop animal testing, since that is what kept me from buying this and why I can't bring myself to buy anything else from them