October 21, 2014 | 2087 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by beanl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I decided to get this primer after a Brazilian MAC senior artist raved about it on her blog and I liked it. It leaves my skin matte and super silky. Foundation goes on a lot smoother and my pores and blackheads turn virtually invisible, which is more than enough for me. Oil control doesn't last that long, but, after all, this is makeup not magic.

It's strongly fragranced though, and if you're sensitive to scents that might be a problem (as it is for me). Also, this is silicone based so you MUST remove your makeup/cleanse your face well afterwards, otherwise it will break you out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by laurentaylor31

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

It litterally feels satin-y on the skin. It's best for use before applying powder or no foundation, but I use a liquid and it still works fine. I would reccommend for all skin tones, as I have dry skin but my sister has oily, and we both love it. It is $30-$40 (australian dollars) depending on when you buy it, so it's a steal. Also, as its Avon, even after you use it you can still send it back for a full refund from your Avon Salesperson!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by libster104

this product is a GODSEND! i have very oily skin and was having to apply powder constantly throughout the day. now after using this my pores are minimized and my makeup stays perfect all day and about noon i just have to barely apply a little powder..overall my skin just looks WAY better. i cannot ever be w/o this product again! and when Avon runs sales its even cheaper but $10 is still not bad for all that it does!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this primer as the reviews were great, love the sanitary tube dispenser, and the price was a steal, but I ended up disliking it immensely.
I applied this primer only on my t-zone and forehead and I trialed it under a few foundations and tinted moisturizers, but ended up with the same oil slick results! I felt this product expedited the rate of oil production and left my face looking gooey and cakey! To add further insult I ended up with clogged pores and a few pimples. I have already tossed it in the trash and will never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by vagueparade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this hoping it would simply fill in my pores. It made them look invisible, almost. :D It gives me a perfect lil canvas for my foundation. But it's really hard to squeeze out of the tube. D: It should be in a pot, rather than a tube, I think.
But most deff buying again. :D

irrelevant: I got bored and started playing with it, and I took a lil bit and put it on my earlobes and it filled in the hole where it's pieced. o: It kinda wowed me. haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by SassyAuburn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this item not really sure what it would do for my face. I wanted a prime that left a smooth finish with an SPF in it. What I got was this amazing face-base that I could almost wear by itself. It goes on silky smooth and dries to a satin powdery finish. It has no color, and evens out my skin tone. I also have very oily skin, especially in the summer, and this blocks the shine all day. When I'm in a hurry, I just throw this on to give me an even complexion. But when I have the time, I use it as a base to my powder foundation and it keeps my face looking morning fresh all day. I really like the packaging, although it is a bit hard to judge how close to empty it is. But would I buy it again?... absolutely. And I will!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by bunnyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW!!! This is really a great product!! After suffering through countless summers of makeup melt down and super oily skin, I have finally found the solution to the problem through Avon's MAGIX Face Perfector. According to the reviews I guess either you hate it or love it. I am on my second consecutive day of use and I must admit that I am really blown away. I apply the product prior to foundation and I have absolute zero oil almost all day. I usually have to blot and powder at least 3x a day but not with this product. At the end of the day my makeup looks like it was just applied. Avon MAGIX ROCKS!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by simone20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is absolutely fantastic if you have oily skin. It really holds back the shine. I work in a kitchen so its often really hot and my face gets really oily but at the end of my shift face was still velvety smooth and unaffected by the ste. I haven't tried it with make up on yet but so far so good. Will definitely be buying this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ScarletIce

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have visible pores and an oily T-zone that gets worse during the warm weather months. This primer holds back the shine on my face for as long as 10 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jbrassil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered this product about a month ago and so far, I am really impressed with it. I have really sensitive, acne prone skin, and this product has not irritated my skin at all. As soon as I put it on, I notice a difference in my skin. My skin looks smoother and my pores appear less noticeable. I use a mineral foundation over it and I have received numerous comments on how luminous my skin looks. I would definitely buy this again. One of the best primers I have tried!