April 21, 2014 | 1127 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Snapples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG mascara so far. I wear this over other mascaras, which I use as a base. Makes my lashes look long and thick, although at first it can be extremely gloopy and thick and it's best after a few uses. I wouldn't use this without my other mascara base because it really wouldn't do anything for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by JoAnnU1978

I am a huge (HUGE) fan of DiorShow, and I had heard great things about Iconic. When I went to Macy's and they were offering a free Dior eyeshadow quad with your purchase of Iconic I was SOLD.

I am not necessarily disappointed with this mascara, I just don't think I have as much love for it as I do DiorShow, and when this tube runs out I will quickly go back to my fave.

It is a bit more wet than I would like, and it transfers on to my eyelids when I'm applying it sometimes. It's very difficult to get off (even using Lancome remover), and can have a tendency to be a bit more spidery than DiorShow- but I think that's just a bi-product of it being a "wet" mascara.

The length and thickness that it gives are impressive, though. By wiggling the brush from base to tips, and applying two coats, it can look like I'm wearing falsies! (no clumps!)

All in all a pretty great product. It just doesn't blow me away ENOUGH to keep me away from my beloved DiorShow for good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm with 'bootsonbarelegs' on this one. I bought the black one and it still isn't dark enough or gives enough volume, plus, it's a pain to remove it. I tried to remove it with Chanel's Biphase eye makeup remover, and I still had racoon eyes when I washed my face after. Not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by bootsonbarelegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in brown, by mistake, this happens from time to time and I try to make the best of it. A warning, look at the color you're buying! Anyway, this is a good mascara for a "natural" look, especially for me, because I have it in brown, however, the natural mascara look is something I've never been able to understand, why buy mascara in the first place if all you want is a "natural" look, BORING! I believe that eyelashes are one of the few makeup steps in your routine you can't overdo, lashes can't be TOO long, or TOO full, its just ridiculous, so when I look for a mascara, I'd want it to deliver in the best way possible, I don't want to settle for some average lashes, especially for 30+$$. Overall, I've been pretty unimpressed with all the Diorshows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am always looking for a better mascara and I get tempted to try out many. I read good reviews here and decided to give it a shot. I find this mascara alright. Does an okay job at lengthening, nothing for volume, and it defines your lashes. You basically can't clump your lashes unless you put on a dozen coats of this stuff. If you use it for your bottom lashes, be prepared for raccoon eyes. This is a decent mascara if you're looking for the natural look. I am not going to purchase it again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by patricia_k

I had been using Diorshow and absolutely loved it so i decided to try this one. Iconic is nowhere near as good as the original, it did build up nice volume, but i found it clumpy and really spidery looking. I ended up having to throw it out as the bristles on the brush seemed to kinda flatten so in the end i had no way of even putting my mascara on properly! Did this happen to anyone else??

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

The selling point for me with DiorShow Iconic was that it claims to curl. Heck, I will take a gentle lift, that's all I ask for! Unfortunately, Iconic didn't even deliver a tiny bit of that. In other aspects it's a great mascara - separates and defines, doesn't clump, gives lots of length and decent volume, gorgeous luxe packaging. However, I can achieve the same with several drugstore mascaras (my favourites being Full n Soft and Glam Eyes). At this price, it would only be worth it if I could skip the eyelash curler, and that's not happening. Otherwise, great all-around mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by MIssMochaFrap

HG product to the fullest. I LOVE this mascara. I originally purchased it when my regular mascara [ which was Estee Lauder Double Wear ] ran out and this one was brand new to the Dior family.

It really does curl BUT it takes time. I've found that when you get slowly go up from root to tip and wiggle slightly to seperate, it curls to an extent. [ which depends on the true length of you lashes ]

The price sucks lol. I mean, when I told my mom how much I paid, she wanted to kill me, but I think she understands how much it does now... I think.

Nonetheless, this does what it does, doesn't make lashes feel heavy or clumpy and makes it stand out beautifully. If the price was the same as say, my Estee Lauder one, I'd like this a bit more. But not that much more [;

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by dawgsgirl21aic

This is my HG mascara. I have used a ton of different mascaras but this is the only one that has never flaked or smudged and I live in a humid area. The only complaint I have is that is kind of hard to remove. For reference I like Supernova and dislike Lancome mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by debscar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

For those of you who love this, take note. I've been using this for over a year and I LOVED it at first too. Beautiful long and curled lashes!!! Just what it says. HOWEVER, after months of use I noticed my lashes falling out and what was left was brittle and thin. It was the mascara. Hard to take off and very dry. It's almost like waterproof mascara which I never use for the simple reason of how hard it is to take off. Trust me, after using it for awhile you too will not consider it so great. I'll stick to something a little easier to remove!!