October 26, 2014 | 1674 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ChaneILove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it first came out because I was happy with my Inimitable and wanted to try this out to see if I would like it any better.

It didn't last more than a few days. It didn't separate my lashes or even make them more voluminous. It barely looked like I had my barely there lashes.

I switched back to Inimitable immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Justify_my_Love

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this with a recent order, and I really love it. I get definition, length, curl, volume, and really black lashes without any smudging or clumping from this mascara. I have tried many mascaras, both high- and low-end, and this is fantastic! The brush took me a few tries to work the right way (it is tapered and isn't too big, unlike Diorshow and LashBlast), but now that I have the technique down I won't ever be using anything else :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by cassleeh

I got this as a sample when i bought a nail polish from Chanel.com. Using it can be a bit tricky at first, but by the second day I was wearing it I had gotten the hang of it and it seemed no more difficult then regular mascara. It seemed almost perfect for my lashes. Since I have relatively dark, long lashes some mascaras similar to this can make my eyes look too over-the-top. I found this look to be perfect, for day or night! If I do not end up buying this product when I run out of the sample it will solely be because I couldn't bring myself to spend the almost $30 for it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this mascara, I don't like it. It gives me crusty dry lashes and not much volume or lenght. It also made my eyes itchy so I would not recommend it to someone with sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by astric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've gotten more compliments from this mascara than any other that I have tried. I recieved this as a free sample from Allure. I rotate the brush while sweeping it thru my lashes, so that it applies the mascara and combs thru at the same time. My lashes feel soft after I use this mascara, which is a nice unexpected perk. Too expensive for me to purchase again though; I don't like to splurge on mascara because it doesn't last as long as other types of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Rodjan

I got this mascara as a sample, it really curls op my lashes very well!
This is absolutely my favorite mascara so far. I ran out of my sample, but I'm going to ask a full size for Christmas :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 8:27:00 AM More reviews by katy24

I have been using this for about 2 weeks and I would classify it as a superior mascara.Luckily the SA explained to me that when applying you must twirl the brush in your fingers in an upward motion to get the curl and it works!Had she not told me the way to apply I would have never gotten the results.The curl lasts all day ,not as noticeable as using a curler but what do you expect?The color is a glossy deep black(my fav,I hate charcoal black that doesn't show up),minimal smudging after 4 hrs of wear which is why I took off 1 lippie as well as the expensive price.I also twirl multiple times to get volume and this has decent length as well.Once the formula is dry ,do not reapply ,you are done otherwise flaking will occur.This one is worth trying if you have an extra $29.00 but not if you really don't want to spend that kind of cash......

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2008 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Fabiochanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i got this new mascara a few weeks ago because the chanel ma told me it was the most wonderfull mascara ever!
Ok it has a very special brush which looks like a torturetool but ok...
The mascara was quite nice, it has a nice black-ish colour en gives decent volume and lenght, but nothing to really go wild about! And the brush is getting used to but its sooo hard! and it didn't impress me that much. The volume stays on for like 20min and the they are just plain normal again! My fav mascara really is mac's Plushlash which gives wonderfull long, full lashes and compared to this dirtcheap!

overal, nice mascare but not worth the price, its 27euros here in the Netherlands.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by chengkx

Builds some length and thickness with a slight curl, though it does go on wetter than other mascaras so care must be taken in the regard to avoid smudging. It clumps also during application and, unfortunately, it smears endlessly throughout the day. These are all deal-breakers and I cannot recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara, I only need one coat for full long and curly lashes. Doesn't smudge, doens't flake. The brush is big and on the exceptionnel page they tell you how to handle this mascara(brush)!