September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by SofieZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brow powder is a great match for me. I am an Asian with black hair, black brows, and brown eyes. I purchased the Anastasia brow powder in medium brown. At first, I was deciding between medium brown and ebony. I have normal black eyebrows; my brows are not sparse and not bushy. I wanted a brow powder that will just make my brows looked more polished and neat, not obviously painted on or brown. When I first opened my brow powder, it looked so light and no where close to my black eyebrow color. But the dark and even the light powder matched my brows PERFECTLY. I layered too much of the dark powder on and my eyebrows looked way too dark. My second try was more successful and more natural looking. The brow powder has more of a grayish rather than brownish undertone, which looked very natural and lovely on my eyebrows and fair skin. If you're a fair skinned asian like me, get this.

Also, if you want to see how this looks, you can search Michelle Phan's video on Youtube. She uses this brow powder in medium brown in one of her Valentine makeup videos and it looks black. In other videos, she uses the same exact brow in medium brown and it looks brown. She also has black hair and brows and somewhat fair skin. After seeing the versatility of color in her videos, I decided with the medium brown rather than the ebony. Hope this was helpful!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the ash blonde duo and the colors are bang on. I've always used pencils in the past so I've been very pleased with my results using Anastasia powder. Its very easy to apply and gives me a more natural look than pencil. The tiny compact will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

Ahhhh... perfection. If you can't seem to find anything that compliments your brow hair color or nicely creates the illusion of brow hair, then you must try this. I tried a lot of drugstore brow fillers and they were mostly failures. If you got some $$ to burn or if you really obsess over your brows (like I do) and want nothing less than outstanding, try Anastasia Brow Powder.

The coloring system here is so thoroughly researched and perfected that I can say they have a color for virtually every one. I have very difficult to match "ashy" brown brows. Most brows sticks and/or powders I've tried are too red, too black, too heavy, too waxy. The medium ash color works wonders for me. It looks *just* like my natural brow hair, nothing fake about it. The colors are quite unflattering in the pan, a very blah grey and a darker charcoal, but they work so well with my natural brow color - it's almost scary.

The texture of the powder is so smooth and blends on the skin wonderfully. It's not messy and does not flake during application. It's smooth texture allows for a very precise application - your brows look natural, clean, yet noticeably defined (and refined : )).

The pigment is very rich and withstands a lot of activity. After a sweaty jog, I don't really notice anything wrong with my brows, everything is kept in place. Even after a long day, my brows still look pretty good.

It's formula allows for versatility. You can go easy with the powder and add just a wash of color and soft lines to make brows naturally full, or you can use a more heavy hand to sculpt a more dramatic look.

Although it's pricey, it's worth every penny! I bought mine months ago and have yet to even see the bottom of the pan! The packaging is adorable yet functional - I dropped it several times on hard flooring and the product never cracked. However, because it's so compact, it's kinda hard to find. I panic when I can't find it in the morning! It's so essential. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Standardtoaster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyebrow powder. I absolutely LOVE this stuff. The packing is super dooper cute. :) I feel so cool carry it with me, lol.

Anyways, I first got this in Ebony since I'm asian with black hair. I had another brow powder from before by Milani but it was way too brown for my brows and didn't look right with my black hair. xD

Ebony is the perfect match for me. I use the light shade for the inner and middle part of my brows and the darker shade for the out arch. IT IS LOVE. I am always excited to do my brows now.

I later bought one in Medium Ash and I think it has a great shade of colors too. I've only used the darker shade though but it's great. It's a bit more natural than the Ebony duo. But what I like about the Medium Ash one is that you could build up on the powder and it won't look unnatural at all!

I also purchased the duo spooley and angled brush and it is the best tool for this powder. It's the perfect size to put in my makeup bag too.

The staying power is pretty good too. It pretty much last all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a redhead with blonde brows. Virtually invisible. I've never used any kind of brow enhancer because the colors all looked clownish and unnatural on me...think Graucho Marx. They looked VERY obvious. Well, after a fellow MUA poster suggested I color in my brows, I was on the search of a holy grail brow product. I went to Sephora and the SA took me to the Anastasia of Beverly Hills display and recommended I try the brow powder in Strawburn. I was blown away. The color defined my brows without looking unnatural. I love that I can blend the 2 colors to get that perfect shade. Will absolutely repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by MiaMamma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use medium ash and the color is perfect, very natural looking. I was worried because it looks a but grey in the pan, but when you apply it it is a perfect natural match to my medium brown hair. I have been using the Anastasia brow brush to apply, but I find it a but too thin for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My brows are BLOND and the last inch of each brow is transparent. As my waxer Judy said "There is hair there, but.. ah.. well...." She recommended a semi-permanent brow tint but I use a salicylic acid cleanser and a home peel with glycolic acid so a tint probably wouldn't last very long. A powder or pencil would probably be my best bet. Good luck finding a color that doesn't look too dark on light brows and also isn't like a mustard yellow pencil crayon. I consider a brow product, one that works, to be an investment item. As Anastasia of Beverly Hills is a much sought after brow line I thought it was the place to start. The colors are more diverse than typical national brands and I thought a powder duo might be easier to mix and match a reasonable color to match my own brows. I ordered "Golden Blonde" and was happily surprised at how perfect it was. The minimal amount of blending with the Lise Watier Slanted Lash And Eyebrow Brush produced natural, lovely, soft arches that were quite glam. I am planning to purchase the brow pencil in "blond" as well to "reinforce" the color at the ends of my brows because I have oily skin and no powder, no matter how wonderful, could stand up to my kind of oil production. EW! Love this item. Hat's off to my brow gurus: Judy and now, Anastasia of Beverly Hills. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by xoxsarahoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i love the powder~ i've tried the pencil and brow wiz and the powder is my favorite...first of all, i have 'holes' in my eyebrows so i need something that looks natural and i love the color (medium ash)..it blends perfectly with my off-black eyebrows...it doesn't have a weird tint to them at all..i sometimes lighten my eyebrows in the summer because my hair turns brown/red and the medium ash still looks great...i think the pencil, powder and the brow wiz was $22/each but the powder is worth it because it lasts so long...i've had mine for over a year and i haven't seen the bottom of the pan yet

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by shindee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free sample, just a small amount on paper that will actually last quite a while since I don't need much... Worked great, and brilliant idea to give people the option of mixing their perfect shade. However, I got same results with Maybelline Brow Powder for $6 rather than $20, so I'll stick to my drug store brand :) I think this is only worth the investment if you have trouble finding your right color.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Allnamestaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Colors are true to life and the dual compact allows for you to mix if your in between shades. Has good lasting power but most importantly the colors are excellent.