October 22, 2014 | 1987 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

for my thin,dense and medium-lengthed lashes it is just WONDERFUL!
its dense,thick, with medium softness brush and the different lengths of bristles it has, covers just perfect every lash..
i can't think of any con, it is just one of those products that's worth the hype..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by 44Gracie

The is a good mascara, but the only reason why i wont purchase again is because of the smell. It smells absolutely terrible! It's probably because of the added collagen. I like the effect it has on the lashes, but i wont rather use another mascara because of the smell. Now that its getting old, its starting to flake and is weird.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since all the cool people are doing it, I had to try. I got the Glam Black - I don't see the blue tint in it but it is very black. I would get Classic Black in retrospect. The main problem I have with this is that it tends to be clumpy when you layer it.

Even if you use a different mascara underneath it still clumps. I am all for a more than natural look but I don't like the clumps. The rose scent is bad too. It is nice though that it doesn't seem to flake off or smudge (Like my Maybelline Full and Soft does).

It does end up coming off very easily if your eyes water for any reason. I tried Cover Girl Lash Blast and Im much more impressed with that one - wears nice, removes easily, more of a natural lengthening effect ( no hairy spider legs ), and doesn't flake off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usualy use Max Factor's Lash Perfection and Volume Couture which work fabulously. So I had a $2 off Maybelline coupon and the mascarra was $5.99 on sale, so I got the mascara for like $3.99 or so. Well, I get home and I try this mascara and I was like (O.O) !!!! It worked!! and it didn't smell like I heard it would smell. I really can not decide if I should start using the Colossal Volum' Express mascara or use the Max Factor's Lash Perfection and Volume couture?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This is an okay product. My main complaint is that it smudges easily under the eyes and flakes off during the day.
The application itself is usually fine but it can clump if you put on too many layers or if there's a lot of product on the brush. I wouldn't repurchase - there are better mascaras for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by cuteso

This is an AMAZING mascara!
Great brush, no clumps, holds the curl and does soo much volume and separates very well!
My lashes are thin and not very long, but this mascara makes them so long!
My friend asked me if I was wearing false lashes so its a wonderful mascara!
Try it!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very volumizing mascara which I love!!

The curl holds for about 5 hours which is amazing. I experienced a small amount of flaking at the 6 hour mark as well. Otherwise, I got rich color, length, and volume for over 10 hours.

The wand is thicker than usual which amplifies how good it works in my opinion.

If you naturally have extremely thick lashes than you may not need this but since mine are thin it worked like a charm :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by youngpunkk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this mascara for a while back when it was first released and loved it, but I stopped using it, and I couldn't remember why. On my most recent trip to Target to get a new mascara, I figured I'd pick up another tube of Colossal because I knew that I'd love it, having loved it a few years ago.

This mascara makes my eyelashes look incredible. You can actually feel the brush grabbing your lashes as you sweep on the mascara, and it separates and coats each lash perfectly, delivering va-va-voom volume without looking clumpy or spidery. So you're probably wondering, why did I only give this mascara two lippies? Well, here's why...

This mascara upsets my eyes more than any other mascara I have ever used (well, tied with the PF Organix in the pink tube). My eyes are itchy, they're dry, I keep getting build up of crust in the corners, and it feels like something is stuck in my eye when I'm wearing Colossal. I'm not sure what ingredient is causing my eyes to spazz out, but it's really unbearable. The itching and discomfort lingers even after I remove the mascara with my go-to eye makeup remover (generic brand Neutrogena in the blue bottle). Only after washing my eye area with soap does the irritation vanish -- and then I'm left with parched feeling eyes from using straight soap.

I would totally recommend this mascara for guys and girls who don't have sensitive eyes. I apparently have eyes that are way more sensitive than I thought. I'm not sure I'd recommend this for contact wearers either. It makes your lashes look incredible, but it's not worth the discomfort if you have sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by kristynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really nice mascara. Def gave me some nice length and volume. I have used "They're real" by benefit but I felt it dried out too quickly and I prefer this mascara because of the price and results. I even like the rose smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an ok mascara. I don't love it or hate it. I like to apply multiple layers of mascara to build my lashes up, but Colossal too clumpy for that. It puts too much product on your lashes and you have to pry them apart with a comb or tweezers. You won't get a well separated or soft fluttery look from this mascara.

On a positive note, it doesn't flake or smudge which is good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No