July 23, 2014 | 2240 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by McNuggets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An SA color-matched me and applied it to my face at the store yesterday. I don't particularly like the lighting at the store, at this one in particular because it's such low recessed lighting. Anyways, she said this was low-sheer coverage and would make my skin dewy. I bought the bottle because I just took her word. I haven't worn liquid in a few years and would like a bottle for night wear.

Thank God I bought the MAC wipes (because I love the refreshing feel of it) because I used them almost immediately when I got in the car. The formula felt so heavy and like others, very sticky on my skin. The color oxidized almost immediately and I was left looking like a bruised pumpkin.

This is so going back and I haven't even opened the bottle or used it yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Dragoness57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was the first foundation I bought back when I was in high school, and looking back, I kind of miss it.

It's relatively thick, and the coverage is great. Oily skin users can probably infer that this will cause some break outs.. but I have relatively clear skin so this was not an issue.

My T-zone only started showing signs of shine after several hours, and the coverage itself lasted all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by mimilerio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is OK. I find that the satin finish looks very unnatural, which I don't care much for. However, I'm sure that given the right powder, this can be worked to a nice dewy finish, I still haven't figured out how to get that to work though. I'm already halfway though the bottle so I will keep using it so I can move on to better foundations that would work for me. The coverage is decent, this definitely is not a full coverage foundation but it evens out your skin well. It does feel heavy on your skin, so I don't recommend this foundation for active daytime. It's a good date night foundation I would say, highly recommended for dry skin because I think it will neutralize the satin finish. The foundation wears well, and lasts all day. Not the best for me, but it was good to try. NC40/NW25

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MissPhilly

I honestly wanted to love this product but it broke me out all along my chin, an area I'd never had acne issues with it made my dry skin very irritable and my skin hasn't been the same since. I actually need more coverage now on my skin to make it more even than I did before I had purchased this product. It looked nice and was a perfect match to my skin tone but I should have stuck with my usual routine of tinted moisturizer here and there.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by scorpio3813

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first attempt at a MAC foundation. I love MAC products (eyeshadows especially) and really wanted to like this foundation, but it just made me look greasy and orange. As others have said, it oxides fairly quickly and goes orange on the skin. Not a good look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by pennywhistlepoem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this product. When I first bought it I couldn't stand to have it on my face for more than a few minutes. It felt very heavy, sticky and like my skin couldn't breathe. All I wanted was to run to the bathroom and wash my face. So I didn't use it for few months. Then I ran out of Chanel foundation and had to use this as emergency, I don't know if it transformed into something better while sitting at the bottom of my drawer, but it doesn't feel so bad anymore. It is a little sticky, yes. But it does stay a long time and doesn't just slide off like everything else I have tried. The coverage is very light, definitely requires some kind of concealer underneath if there are acne scars or pimples.But it does a good job covering dark circles around the eyes for me without concealer. I would buy it again if I can't find anything better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by lalsamiksha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my 1st liquid foundation from MAC that 'd bought. At first i thought it was a brilliant foundation, but gradually i started to realize that this product broke me out. I have really oily/ acne prone skin .At first i wasn really sure tat it was the foundation that broke me out, but i realized that i hadn't tried anything new. It definitely had to be this foundation.

It surely does give you a stain finish, but it doesn really last that long.

The bottle in which it comes in , is very user friendly. I have to use at least 2-3 pumps to do entire face and neck.
    I really wouldn recommend this product to anyone who has oily acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by jessly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to try this foundation so i bought it without trying it out at the counter (yes stupid of me). I found it to be too sparkly/shimmery when applied to my face. The price is ridiculous in Australia $49AUD, and i don't like the fact that it feels kind of sticky. I think i would rather stay with the matte finish one instead *hands down*.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

i tried sample from mac store.
    it simply breaks out my skin. so i can't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Raqstar87

This foundation made me fall in love with my skin... Seriously. I have always had smooth, clear skin but it lacks.. pizazz if you will. I've been using Bare Minerals foundations but it doesnt seem to do it for me anymore. So I turned to drugstore foundations. Still nothing. The other day I walked into Mac for lipstick and walked out with my new best friend. LOL. This foundation gives me a gorgeous dewy finish. My skin looked so healthy and flawless I couldnt believe my eyes. I got so many compliments when I wore this out. I also love the pump. It gives me just the right amount. I will definitely be repurchasing this!