November 28, 2014 | 1679 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave it 4 instead of 5 lippies because of the packaging and how to get it out of the package in a good way. :P

PROS: slightly oil mattifying (for me), sets every type of make-up, smooth looking finish, does not hurt/affect my sensitive skin, does not make my face look "white" (since powder is white), price is good for quantity, stuff goes a LONG way.

CONS: packaging and application period! I don't normally use loose powder because packaging and application are never easy. I like this product so much that I use it but grumble over the packaging and application. Its easy to get too much powder on the brush and then its a process to get the right amount tapped off for a smooth application on my face.

If you can overcome the challenge of application - message me and tell me your trick! I love this product and will keep buying it even if I grumble over the application.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

First thing that struck me was the size of the bottle. It's much smaller and easier to carry around in my make up pouch which is great. However, when it gets bumped around, the powder tends to escape. So when I remove the cap, powder gets everywhere and a lot is wasted. This is bad when the stuff is so pricey.

The powder is really fine and blends in pretty well. It's white which I feel makes me look fairer. I'm OK with that but have to be careful to blend it in properly and not to apply too much. I don't wear much of this during the day so I can't say how it looks in sunlight but looks fine at night.

Staying powder seems OK used together with the HD primer & liquid foundation.

No major complaints about this product. It's OK, which is a problem because it costs a fair bit. But I reckon this will last for a while so won't have to worry about that so soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by gabbyiella

i would buy it again.. IF I HAD THE $.
i'm more of a drugstore gal because i like to experiment, but i thought this would be really nice for my graduation party. and.. it was perfect.
i have no acne- knock on wood- combination skin, and a yellow undertone skin (nw25) so when i wore this to my graduation party in which i was sweating like a pig, it did not let my makeup glide off my face. it stayed on. And when i look back at the photos i took with an hd camera, i looked flawless. I had some visible bumps on my face, but this powder basically photoshopped them out. just apply enough to lightly dust your face, not glod it on

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ItsStillAWrap

I'm not sure about this one. I bought it, returned it, bought it back. Overall, I like its ability to set my makeup. But it is so messy. Even just putting a little in the lid and swishing it around with a brush...its getting in my eyes, nose and mouth. More so than other loose powder I've used before, I think because it is so fine.

It does what its supposed to do though, so I'd probably repurchase. Its expensive, but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I didn't realize how great this product was until I went without it. I've been using this to set both liquid and mineral powder foundations for a while. One day, I packed up my HD powder in an overnight bag. The next morning, I applied my mineral powder foundation without the MUFE HD over it. Four hours later I glanced in the mirror and was horrified to see how oily my skin was, especially around my nose. I blotted the oil and a few hours later, I needed to blot again. Keep in mind that my foundation was in a powder form. I usually don't have to blot my face when wearing the powder foundation and MUFE HD unless I'm blotting off sweat. Like a fool, I have since purcashed another finishing powder. It just doesn't do what the MUFE HD does. I can't wait to finish what I have so I can get more MUFE HD.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by wenderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Hmmmm.. I have dry skin with slight oiliness on my T-zone.

Like other reviewers say, this powder is very very good at controlling oil. But my skin doesn't produce that much oil in the first place, so unfortunately this tends to look a bit chalky/cakey on me.

On days when i know i might be out under the sun and my foundation could melt, i would put this on and it really sets the foundation very well. My T-zone would still look acceptable and fresh after being under in 30C heat and 80% humidity. A feat, really.

But on normal days where i am in the office in air condition for 9 hours a day, this just makes my skin look too matte, i'd rather have a BIT of dewiness.

This finishing powder is just unforgiving and does not let a drop of oil surface (which is good if you have very oily skin).

Another good thing is that the powder is translucent so no worries about having a cast of white over your face.

Now for the bad... Like other reviews have mentioned, the packaging isn't too good. A small cloud of white powder emerges EVERY TIME i open the lid... and it flies all over the place if i have my ceiling fan on. It settles all over my dresser, and if my clothes are black... It's just a nightmare.

So i have to take note and switch off my fan before i put on this powder, which is honestly too much of a hassle just to apply powder.

I will not be repurchasing this due to the mess and inconvenience it creates every time i apply it, but i am still giving it a 4 as it is a very good finishing powder overall, compared to others that i have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really didn't care for this at first. I've had this for a year and it just sat on my vanity unloved. I have combination skin with an extremely oily tzone. In the summer, my whole face can turn oily. When I applied this over my foundation to "set" I didn't notice any shine control. It would make me look shine free for maybe 30 minutes tops. I had to apply this over and over during the day and this powder is not travel friendly! I searched the reviews here and a few reviews sparked my interest "using this before foundation". For me, this is key for my skin. I just recently tried using this before my foundation and my skin stayed shine free for most of a hot day. In fact, I didn't even need any powder on top of my foundation and I still stayed shine free. Now that I know how to use this for my needs, I found a new love in my stash!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for new make up as my skin was getting really strange, with dry patches and spots. I went to a Make Up Forever store in Brussels and got advised on some of their products.
The sales assistant then did my make up with the HD foundation (at first I thought I had find my HG foundation just to find out a week later that it was breaking me out and making me skin even dryer) and the HD powder. I gave the foundation to my sister who loves it, but kept the powder. I really like that it's so light that you really don't need a lot to do your face. It suits every skin tone, which is great, I don't have to fear having the wrong shade and looking like a clown! I've been using it for a few month now and the pot still looks full, so even if it's quite expensive a little really goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

I didn't buy this but instead got it through a swap so I can't really say if it was an expensive purchase or not. But if I had to go out and buy this, I'd probably think long and hard about this. It does smooth out my skin really nicely and makes it look so nice and soft which I love. I haven't noticed any white cast when I use this but I'm also really quite pale and I tend to use only a tiny amount. The powder does tend to go everywhere and poof up everywhere when I swirl my brush around to grab product though. So I tend to just dispense a tiny bit into the cap, and tend dab the brush in to grab the product instead of swirling my brush. It doesn't break me out either but very few product do. I probably won't purchase again as I have a lot of product left still and I'm always trying new things. But it really does give a nice soft focus look.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by rachelxelizabeth

I really like this, but not sure if I'd repurchase for the cost. Too expensive for what it is. I bought the full size so I'll be stocked for a while but in the meantime I'm gonna look for alternatives. It never made me look ghostly or anything but you do not need a lot, just a tiny bit. It makes my face look more natural after foundation & its great but not for the cost.