Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

3.8

100% silica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this only a week ago and I am already in love. This summer has turned my usually dryer skin into a shiny mess. I hate having to reapply powder, or blot. I just want to be able to put my makeup on in the morning and now worry about it. This powder allows me to do that. It makes my skin look and feel silky smooth, and never cakey. It controls keeps me matte but has a natural finish. It is also great for setting my undereye concealer (which usually creases on me, but not anymore!) My only gripe is the packaging, loose powders will always be a bit harder to work with, I just wish the sifter had a closing mechanism (kind of like the laura mercier mineral powder) so that I can control how much comes out and not be afraid every time I open the lid.

on 8/12/2012 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

MUFE HD powder is the emperor's new clothes. Or maybe everyone else is seeing something I'm not. This is a waste of money and over-hyped. And I mean overhyped as in Nars Orgasm-UD Naked Palette-Mac Studio Fix-Shu Uemura Lash Curler type of overhyped. I know it's silica, but it looks and feels more like the baking soda I have keeping my fridge fresh. I don't know how people are using this effectively without getting a white cast to their face. If I use it sparingly, as suggested, then it just doesn't help. This isn't finely milled enough to diffuse lines or make a soft focus appearance (BE Mineral Veil is better at that, I don't even like BE). To me, it goes on more like a weaker mattifying powder. And I don't want a mattifying powder as my setting powder. What a waste of money.

on 8/4/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's so-so. I used to use silica powders every day (went through a jar of Coastal Scents silica) and it seemed great at the time. Better than pure talc, cornstarch, French pharmacie brand powders, ... but now it's just not doing anything for me. I bought the MUFE HD loose powder again after deciding to cut out all aluminium from daily use. After a couple months of using Ben Nye's Neutral Set, which works phenomenally but contains aluminium, the HD powder felt intensely itchy, worsening over time, didn't do anything to hold back oil or sweat after 5 minutes, and didn't hold my concealer in place. To make matters worse, it's also a little over $30CAD. This is getting a 3 from me because at least it's not cakey, doesn't form white patches, and doesn't get that powder-keg look.

on 7/29/2012 4:30:00 AM

This is one of the best powders I've ever used, it gives me exactly what I want, not much coverage, but a flawless and somewhat Matt finish, lovely product

on 7/26/2012 6:58:00 PM

I have had this for a while and it still is very fulll. I honestly dont understand this product, like i am not a makeup guru AT ALL and I bough this because of the reviews. I still use it and I think its for when you take photos and it makes your face look more flawless, but I wouldn't say this is an essential product to have. I dunno, there is a dupe of this ELF HD powder that looks the exact same and is only 3 bucks!!!

on 7/26/2012 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm not feeling this product. I'd much rather use my MAC Loose Blot Powder. This stuff is too pricey, you have to be very careful with the amount you use (or you WILL get somewhat of a whitish cast) and, because it's 100% silica, it is *so* fine that I feel like I'm wasting it when I use it, as it floats all through the atmosphere. To top it off, I don't notice it keeping shine away like I expected it to.

on 7/26/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

While this is a very nice finely milled finishing powder, I will not be repurchasing because I have very oily skin and this did not help keep me matte throughout the day.
It does give a beautiful finish as a last (or second to last, if you use a setting spray) step to your daily makeup routine.
I just dont want to use a mattifying powder underneath this one, as I would rather just have one powder that serves both purposes. It is a translucent powder so dont expect coverage from this.
I would recommend just leaving a few holes open and then tapping it upside down and swirling your brush in the lid so you dont get powder everywhere.

on 7/12/2012 9:46:00 AM

After buying one of the travel size containers at Sephora and making it last for nearly 9 months, I just went back and bought another. I will say that I had trouble dealing with that little jar, so ended up buying an empty loose powder container at Sephora to put it in. I have to mention, that I don't apply this until an early touch up time about and hour or 2 after initial makeup application. And even then, with a small brush and VERY sparingly. Just enough to get rid of any shine. And then I'm set for the better part of the rest of the day. If you are having trouble looking pasty or pale, you are using way too much. Anyway, have tried Sheer Minerals and it just didn't work as well. So, was back for more of this. I used to use MAC Studio Fix for YEARS. I like this now because it really doesn't add more coverage, just gives you a nice, poreless finish. Perfecto.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG setting powder! this stuff is amazing! perfect for everyday and clubbing! I have oily skin and this controls my oil pretty well. I have to blot twice a day with this compared to other days when i dont have this on, i blot four to five times a day. I thought this would break me out but it didnt and i have acne prone skin. Alot of people say that the ELF studio HD powder is a dupe for this...it is, but if you look at the ingredients make up forever has 100% silica while the elf one has other stuff. If you have acne prone skin, i would suggest you spend the extra money to get this

on 7/9/2012 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is great for oily skin. I purchased the smaller version which is $15 I forget how many oz you get, but I love this although I've heard the elf HD powder is the same thing so ill need to check that out and compare. But this does control oil on me all day long, I've had this for a little over a month and I honestly haven't had to do any touch ups throughout the day since I've started to use this. I also like to use it to set my Concealer and I love it, I always get creasing and it wears off by the end of the day no matter which one I use but using the HD powder to seal everything really seems to be doing the trick for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials