Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 8/11/2014 12:55:00 AM

Im not the kind to really wear foundation because I am still in school but I find that this product is perfect for everyday. A lot of people say that it is a heavy item but if applied correctly it looks extremely natural. It doesn't break me out and covers blemishes perfectly. It is the product that I cant live without. If you are on the fence about the item, just try it! You can achieve full coverage or light/medium depending on how you apply it.

on 8/10/2014 2:40:00 PM

It took me a long time to realize that I actually hate this foundation. I guess I was in denial because it's such an iconic product and I really researched about it before purchasing it. I used it many many times until I finally realized that it just didn't work for me! It gives me "foundation face", which is my biggest fear whenever I put on foundation. It feels heavy, cakey and just doesn't sit right on my skin. It's weird because for a long time I used it and didn't really like how my skin looked throughout the day but I never thought that this was problem! Like I said, denial! Very disappointed because I thought I would love this...

I have to say I have finally found my HG foundation, after months of searching! It is so lightweight feeling, but with amazing coverage. The finish is slightly dewy but sets amazingly with the HD pressed powder. I have to say that this foundation will forever have a spot in my collection with back ups included!!

I have been using bareminerals powder foundation for 3 years already. I've been scared to use anything else because of my acne prone skin. I decided to give this foundation a shot, and I must say I was very pleased. My skin looked better under all this foundation. I normally use a little bit more foundation to cover up my blemishes, redness, and acne scars. I noticed that my blemishes were less noticeable. My skin became oily after a couple of hours but that's what usually happens to me. My make-up lasted literally all night for me. I was out partying until the next morning, and even with all the sweating I had from dancing, my makeup still looked amazing. I still love bareminerals, but this foundation is just much more easier to apply in my opinion. I definitely am going to continue to purchase this foundation and use it mainly for when I'm going to be out all night.

on 8/7/2014 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I just purchased its been on the back on my hand as the Sephora consultant left it and it is so smooth and soft. I know it will do the same for my face as I use the concealer already.But so far I like it and the face that it is a pump.All of their products are amazing!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this foundation after hearing all the hype about it, but sadly I was disappointed. The fact that it came with a pump is the only reason I'm giving this two stars, but other than that the packaging isn't anything special, and the actual product itself left me very disappointed.

It is somewhere in the medium to full coverage range, which was alright (although I usually prefer a somewhat lighter foundation) but it looked powdery and seemed to just sit on my skin if I applied anything more than a very VERY thin layer. To add to that, I felt that it settled into the lines on my face so quickly and so badly that I felt like I aged 10 years over the course of the work day. And I'm only 21! In addition, it separated/became patchy before the work day was even over. Also, I wouldn't say that this product caused a breakout, but I don't think it really helped anything, either.

There are far better foundations to use in this price range that have equal or better color selections, similar coverage, a much better finish, and long lasting power. Would not repurchase. Probably wouldn't even take a free sample because it would just sit and take up space.

on 8/7/2014 1:04:00 PM

The coverage of the foundation is not bad, but I used better foundations.

on 8/3/2014 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I’ve been using this product now for the last 4-5 months and have repurchased it twice. It truly is a great foundation. I have extreme skin, from super dry to super oily (it has a mind of its own), and buying make up for my skin type is a nightmare. This foundation stays on my skin great although it tends to get a bit oily. Either way, I just powder and it goes back to how it looked when I first applied it again without caking or moving.

When applying I tend to find it is better to do so with hands. It is definitely build able and I find it extremely moisturising. For oily skin it definitely cannot be used without a setting powder, but for dry skin to normal skin I truly believe this product is just right.

on 7/31/2014 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I really wanted to love this foundation because of all the hype about this $42 bottle of foundation. On a positive note and probably the main reason I'll repurchase this at some point (after my hyperpigmentation clears up a bit) is because the color was SPOT ON to my skintone. I purchased 178 and it was a perfect color match for me. I'm typically nw45 in MAC but that leans a little red but have had better luck with MAC MatchMaster in 8.0. Overall it is difficult to find a foundation with a neutral undertone, usually everything is too red or yellow based. MUFE HD in 178 was perfect and did not oxidize or turn red throughout the day!

It is really natural looking and looks great on...however, I needed more coverage on my hyperpigmented areas and ended up using more which seemed to be wasteful. Even with 2 layers I had to use a full coverage concealer in some areas. The MUFE HD Foundation applied somewhat sheer but it I don't see how it can be buildable to full coverage unless you apply it very generously. I personally expect a bottle of foundation to last longer than a few weeks. However, if you want to save this as a special occasion foundation, this would work for you versus using it as an everyday foundation. Also, make sure you use a primer if you want this to stay on for a full 8 hours. It would fade if I didn't apply one. Maybe because I tried it in the summer heat in Texas??? I'll re-visit this foundation again once it cools down.

I really wanted to love MUFE HD. Don't get me wrong, it's a really good foundation to have but not for everyday wear in my opinion. I also don't like that I can't really tell how much foundation I have left and I can't open the bottle...I like to get every bit of product out!

If you're thinking about purchasing this, go to Sephora and get a sample first!

on 7/31/2014 3:46:00 AM

CONS:
This product is very runny and lightweight.
It did not cover any of my redness or acne scars, only worked if i used concealer and more than three pumps! Also it made me get very oily after 2-3 hours of wearing the makeup.

PROS: Doesnt look cakey on your face, and looks great in pictures aswell in real life. It is a good product if you dont need a full coverage, it adds a glow and feels natural.