December 18, 2014 | 1710 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Arabendurance

I tried # 25 and a sample of a darker color (can't remember ). I had to return it..... I want so much to love this because of all the reviews. I wanted to try something new that I love as much as my NAKED SKIN FOUNDATION #5. Back on the search .....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Karinpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The HD foundation definitely has a good shade range. I'm very fair but with a warm undertone, which I find is very hard to find in most fair foundations. However shade 117 was pretty spot on for me, yay! Writing a review for this is quite hard, it's not my favorite foundation ever but I didn't hate it either. I didn't think it covered that well, and it's got quite a dewy finish which doesn't really work with my combo skin as it looked oily after a couple of hours. But the finish of it is very pretty, and I think someone with normal skin would really like that. Also I like that it doesn't have spf for when you want to look to good in pictures etc. Overall I expected a bit more from this foundation though

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by cassiealexa

My favorite liquid foundation ive tried thus far! I have huge pores around the triangle area under my eyes by my nose and it didnt accentuate mine at all, it covered them all up! I did use my smashbox photofinish primer, they looked flawless together and my skin looked amazing in photos. Great color selection, great packaging, controllable pump, awesome texture, medium-full coverage, buildable. Felt very lightweight. I did get a little oily because i didnt set it with a powder to see how itd hold up, but it was nothing an elf oil blotting sheet couldnt fix. I want to get their Hd powder now! absolutely no shimmers in it and left me with a demi matte finish which i love. Definitely purchasing again once i run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this foundation; I had been lusting for it for a long time and finally treated myself to it. I am in the lightest shade, 110.

Pros:
- Perfect color match; I am VERY fair and it is nearly impossible for me to find the perfect match. This is it. It's not too pink, not too yellow.
- Blends easily
- Wide range of coverage; you can use less for lighter but build it up for medium to full and it doesn't look cakey
- Doesn't cling to dry patches; I have very dry skin right now and it is very hard for most foundations to glide over my skin, but this does that
- Good lasting power

Cons:
- Pricey
- Might not last as well on oily skin; for all day wear (I mean morning until late night), I do need to powder

Overall, this foundation is a complete win for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

SHOULD BE CALLED HD PORES!!! Seriously, every pore on my face became completely magnified! I was shocked when I looked in the mirror as I have never ever seen my pores look like that - it was like they were being heavily smothered and were gasping for air through the thick foundation! I would have thought any product speficially marketed as HD would have a special focus on BLURRING pores and making them look near invisible which is kinda what I thought would be the point in making skin "HD" ready... I guess their whole concept is giving a skin-like finish but to be honest the finish is greasy and you could get a better effect from a good BB cream which is good for your skin rather than detrimental! Also this gave me blackheads and clogged and enlarged my pores as well as giving me strange little irritated bumps that were not like normal breakouts but almost like a rash. Even my sister who never breaks out experienced this. And I was having pretty great skin at the moment due to a combination of healthy diet, exercise and a good skin care regime and makeup that is kind to skin. I almost undid all that hard work in just 3 consecutive days of wearing this. And a Warning: even after I stopped wearing it breakouts were still coming to the surface. I also have never experienced my skin feeling "suffocated" like I have with this foundation and this is coming from someone who wears some kind of foundation/bb cream every day including Studio Fix Fluid as my HG. Also the colour - 120 (nc20ish) has a definite weird unflattering yellow tone to it, almost makes me look a bit ill rather than healthy. Oh and this does NOT last. Either my skin is absorbing it (scary as the ingredients are not friendly sounding) or it just disintegrates/evaporates with wear. It'll also slide right off if it comes into contact with anything unlike Studio Fix Fluid which doesn't budge. Basically I will never buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful, flawless, lightweight, great coverage, so easy to work with, This is by far my favourite foundation that I ALWAYS reach for, amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mdenburg

I wanted this to work so desperately, but this was THE WORST foundation I ever put on! It made y skin look so dry, right aftr I put it on. (and yes I applied primer before hand). Oh well, my hunt for foundation continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Art4Cara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a generous sample of this, being all excited about trying an HD foundation as these are supposed to be great for mature skin and was suggested to me by a Sephora SA after they did the SkinIQ(for foundation matching). Not my skin, although I did like the initial finish and all, but I found that it kind of disappeared over the course of the day and got greasy besides. This broke me out in 3 days, at age 66 no less. Good thing I didn't buy the $42.50 bottle at Sephora!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by zezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I did a lot of research on this product before purchasing it(since it is pricey).
I love the texture, it is very velvety and the colour matches me perfectly (117). I have dry skin predominately and my nose is oily. It works well for my skin and masks my horrible pigmentation on my cheeks. definitely a medium coverage foundation and it stays on pretty long, not as long as my other beloved revelon colour stay though. I would definitely repurchase this in the summer as my summer foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by pigmonkey05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! This is so amazing, it matches my skin tone perfectly, I wear N115 ivory, and it is a medium to full coverage foundation, which I really love. I also love it's packaging a lot, because it has a pump. I need foundation with pumps! I just let my Revlon colorstay(one of my fav foundation) sit there because it has no pump and I ruined my shirt once when I was shaking.