November 20, 2014 | 1991 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally have lost hope in finding a concealer for my undereyes as I have super bad dark undereyes circles and my undereyes are wrinkly, I'm only 27 but I have had that wrinkly bits since i was a child. I'm guessing the reason i have wrinkly undereyes is because the way my eyes are structured. Anyways, most concealers are too dry and would highlight all the wrinkly bits which would attract more unwanted attention to the ugly horrible dark circles I have, until i discovered this. I have heard people rave abt this. But I never got around to trying this until I got a kit from Benefit called Finding Mr.Bright. This came in a medium small tub. I was amazed when i first tried it, it was creamy and not at all dry and it blends beautifully and covered all my dark undereyes circles. I was amazed! It didnt highlight all the wrinkly bits I have and i fell in love. You only need a tiny bit and it covers so beautifully. I still have a lot from the small tube which came from the kit.Dusted with powder on top, this stayed on petty well throughout the day. Highly-highly recommended! Anyone with horrible dark circles and wrinkly undereye, should give this a try. Amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This concealer didn't really give me the coverage I wanted as a concealer compared to my HG Hard Candy glamoflauge. If you don't need much coverage this would be a good one, but it just didn't work out for me and wasn't worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE, my new favorite concealer!
It is the only concealer that i have found that i think has completely covered my under eyes, I have really dark under eyes so the orange tint in this really helps....also i love the consistency and texture. The only reason that I wouldnt repurchase this is because of the price, it is a little expensive for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product came HIGHLY recommended to me so I was disappointed when it was a bust. I applied this to my under eyes just how the little pamphlet told me to but I always find that it creases and is visible a few hours after I apply it. It either disappears completely or becomes a streaky mess! But I feel committed because it's SO expensive... At least it is very gentle to my skin and is a nice creamy-feeling formula.

Overall I'm not impressed and wouldn't repurchase ):

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Full coverage (and I do mean full)
Smooth, creamy texture
Tiniest amount needed (your first try, you'll take too much on that little tool they provide, don't feel bad lol)

Cons:
May seem pricey but trust me, it will last

this is my exact routine and I can't imagine changing it: despite the woman at Sephora telling me to put it on OVER my foundation - I moisturized my face, put on my under eye primer, used my finger (you want it to melt a little on your finger, trust me) to dot the slightest amount of this on under eyes (do NOT brush - dot it on)...I then put my actual concealer on (Nars stick) and grabbed my stipling brush to apply lightest amount of foundation (it's too hot for a thick layer). This whole time, the "paste" and concealer were kind of sitting there (very obviously) but the stipling brush with a little foundation tied it all together so I didn't look like I had big white streaks under my eyes (I hate when I can SEE people's concealer). I think this stuff is great as a base to cover the initial darkness/skin discoloration and then you can gauge if you need more or another product (my circles can be dark so I personally use this and then my "concealer") As always, an excellent moisturizer is going to be key to avoid creasing/caking but I'm totally sold on this stuff :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't see the benefit (haha!) of having a concealar in a pot like this. It's very unhygenic, impossible to use the right dosage and probably a like a petri dish of germs. When using the spatula it's very hard to pick up only the tiny amount needed, so there is always a lot of waste. The product itself is highly pigmented, creamy and easy to blend.
I don't think it lasts a long time and the finish is also not that great.

For me it's a clear "Meh"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by russsian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

In terms of makeup, my biggest problem was always finding a way to cover the dark circles - I've tried a huge number of products ranging from drugstore ones (l'oreal,maybelline,technic), to middle ones (laura mercier, oriflame and bobbi brown) and more expensive ones - dior and ysl.I am also really fair, so matching the colour was a great problem also.I've read about this concealer online and couln't find it where I live since there isn't a Benefit counter in my country.I finally managed to swap for it and can't be happier! The concealer is extremely creamy, has great coverage and is a pleasure to apply.It counteracts the blue tones from my circles extremely well and leaves my eye area looking almost flawless.The colour match is also great!
The only downside is that the packaging isn't that convenient since I have to scoop the product out, but that's ok.

The only 2 things I have to mention is that 1)Better to use a tiny brush than the scooper,get A TINY bit of product out and apply it (you won't need more than this no matter how dark the circles are)

2)Don't apply too much product since it can look cakey and ugly.

Other than that it's a wonderful product that is also priced reasonable.Would definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I was on the hunt for a new under eye concealer and after watching countless youtube videos, I decided to try this one. Well, I wasn't too keen on paying $28 for something that I may hate..so I was thrilled to find a sample size of this at Ulta for $10! I picked it up in MEDIUM. I couldn't wait to do my makeup the next day to try this! Well, first of all..let me stress how little of this product you need, I just tap my CLEAN finger into it, then blend it into my circles. It is very pigmented and creamy so it spreads easily and covers very very well! It has a brightening property to it, so I wouldn't use it on pimples. However, for under the eye, it's pretty good. I have fine lines (I'm 40) and honestly, everything settles into them...however, this is so creamy that it doesn't seem too as badly as other products I've tried. I also set this with Makeup Forever HD power. I will buy this again, when I run out...and if you are on the fence about it, pick up the sample size, I'm glad I did!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by mantharay27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased a mini jar of this for $10 at ULTA the other day (I found it in their last minute beauty buys section). I figured I didn't have a lot to lose for $10, since the nearest ULTA is quite a distance away and returns would be difficult. The only shade they had was Medium, but it was more or less a match so it was fine. It's a little light on me, but since I use it under my eyes, it's no big deal.

The consistency of this concealer is very thick and creamy. It's very high coverage and a little goes a long way. I tap my ring finger in it before tapping it under my eyes and gently blending it out. I feel like using a brush would apply too much product. Because of the high coverage, it can look a little cakey if too much is applied.

My main concern with this product is that it is very difficult to set. It's very creamy and rich but it seems to remain a bit slick and wet the whole time. It does set a little once it's blended, though. When I go over it with a powder in a small angled flat top brush, it tends to look fake and cakey. I have a lot of bumps on my skin, and it definitely accentuates it.

Overall, despite the fact that I love the great coverage, it settles into the crease I have under my eye. The color is great and brightening, but the lasting power isn't so great. I don't have extremely dark circles, but by the end of the day, there definitely isn't much left. I won't purchase it again because I'm on the hunt for my HG concealer, but I'm glad I tried this one out and I'll definitely use the whole thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaaxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never used to conceal my undereye circles until I got the mini size of this in the Confessions of a Concealaholic kit, then I fell in love with it. It's the perfect shade to cancel out any darkness and makes eyes appear more awake. The other plus is that the small sample size jar lasts a long time as you only need a bit of product. My HG undereye concealer!