November 26, 2014 | 1578 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Taizk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really do not feel that much of a difference when I use and when I do not use this product ...
I have long thick coarse Asian hair and it helps a little bit with the frizz and untangling. My hair also feels a little fluffier and airier, but that is it. I noticed these results using on dry hair and when the weather is also dry. Using it with damp hair was no good for me and did not see any difference in cutting the drying time either.
I consider this a leave-in finishing product but never a treatment. As an oil treatment that really nourishes and hydrates the hair I would recommend the Trichup Oil (from India). To use the same way as the MO I would say Tsubaki (camellia) oil is just as good and costs half of the price.
Just got mine because I ve been to Israel and a 100ml bottle only costs 23 dollars over there.
I will never purchase it again because the results do not justify its price.
The only thing I really like is the smell. Although it does not linger on the hair long enough, I can smell it on my hands. Very 80s but kind of cheers me up !!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by nySuesan

Love Moroccan oil treatment, yes it is expensive but worth it, just a little scrunched in my wet hair after a shower, I have lovely soft waves, not had to blow dry my hair as much since using, I just repurchased, got 20% off, so made up ... I tried a cheaper argan oil, did not enjoy using it smelled like a salad dressing in the bin sticking with Moroccan oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Great stuff. A little pricy, but since you don't need a lot of product it is a good value. I stopped using this for a month or two to try out some new products and my hairdresser noticed. She said my hair didn't grow as much as it usually did between visits and my hair was more dry. This was the only thing in my routine that I changed! I use it on damp hair every other day after I wash it. I use a little less than a dime size amount for my fine-but-coarse type 2C hair that I blow-dry straight. ( I have recently cut back on the amount because I have started using Kerastase Oleo Relax serum and i dont want my hair to be greasy. Using that little bit of MO on my ends seems to help protect my hair before I put on the Oleo Relax). I also use it 1 or 2x a week in my dry hair before I go to bed and wash it out in the morning. Guaranteed good hair day!
UPDATE: This is still great for an overnight treatment, but since discovering Shu Essence Absolute I don't think MO (or anything else) can hold a candle. Still a great product though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing and really does work. It is pricey but gives your hair a beautiful finish without making it greasy. Hair feels soft to touch and it also reduces frizz. The smell is very distinctive - all their products have similar smell and I really love it. I would definitely repurchase again but I think it will last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by princexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this treatment after reading a lot of positive reviews and there was a lot of hype about how great it was. I bought the 100ml bottle in October 2011 and I still have about 1 month's worth of treatment to go, so a little does go a long way with this product. I use a pump to get the treatment out, I find that it's the easiest way. I use two pumps for my hair and it's medium length and I have between fine - medium hair thickness.

I bought it for $40 (Australian dollars) off eBay, however the RRP in Australia is $49.95 for a 100ml bottle so that could be slightly expensive for some people.

The treatment works for wonders for me. It does reduce drying time as it states. It gives my hair a smooth, shiny finish and does not make my hair look unnaturally oil at all. I use it after I have towel dried my hair and I let it dry naturally. The smell is also very pleasant.

I would buy this product over and over. But for those who aren't a fan of the price, you can opt for a generic argan oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Purchases this as I'd heard positive comments on this and a hairdresser applied some to my hair and I liked the result. (Although she's done a Moroccanoil mask and shampoo and it was straightened).

It smells lovely but isn't easy to get out of the bottle as it was a small bottle without a pump. I got the small size just to try as it is so expensive. I apply it to the lengths and ends.

It surprisingly does reduce drying time and makes my hair really soft without being at all greasy.

I would probably buy this again if I can't buy an alternative product with argan oil in it. Very expensive though but it will probably last ages and I can share it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by janemarieo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My stylist started using the MoroccanOil Treatment in my hair when she did my cut and color and I loved the smell. She told me that she loved the whole line so I decided to buy a bottle and try it out. In the past I haven't really loved oil treatments, I find that they are kinda messy and there really isnt that much benefit. This one is very different! Since I really liked the smell of this stuff I began using it in my hair each night after a shower. I sleep with my hair in a loose bun and in the morning my hair is now super soft and has some nice wave to it. I have since started using the MorroccanOil Curl Defining creame to keep the nice waves, and if I straighten I follow up with a small amount of the Treatment on my ends. I wish the bottle came with a pump to make it easier to get the right amount of oil, but other wise love this product and will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Aliakatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a little expensive, but it is amazing! I put this on the ends of my hair at least once a week (more in the winter) and I rarely get split ends. It keeps my hair super soft and shiny, and smells wonderful

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is so good! I use it once a week after I take a shower, and it makes my hair so much shinnier, healthier and softer. I love it! It also smells absolutely amazing, I actually love putting it in my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have finished my first bottle of this wonder oil and I can't wait to get more! I have been using a different brand in the interim (non-argan) and it does not compare at all to Moroccanoil. I have dry, flyaway, crazy, over-processed hair and m/oil is the only thing that tames and perfectly conditions it. I cannot wait to get some more. It cuts blow-drying time by about half and has noticeably improved the condition of my damaged hair. The only downside is the cost - high! Around $70 (NZ$).Aside from that, it is highly recommended!