October 25, 2014 | 1663 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best formula I have ever tried, and the best color range. With this duo I can cover literally anything and everything I wish- from depressions to raised pimples to healing scars, milia, etc. It is even suitable for the undereye area. The best part is that it is very water and smudge-resistant so it wears fantastically all day and does not disappear after a few hours. I have tried "heavy duty" concealers in the past such as LM's and Shiseido's coverup and Becca's beats them by a longshot.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2005 1:05:00 AM More reviews by lushlushlush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

call me crazy but i hated this-i got the right color, but it creased under my eyes and broke me out like crazy-yuck.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this - really but with all the colors I could never find the one which is right for me - I have had a few sephora sales girls match me and they always come up with different colors, and the are always wrong. Even so I own 2 of these, malt and banana for winter and summer (or pale me vs self tanner, bronzer etc) and have exchanged both for other colors trying tp get it right - but no luck . I also think they look dry and crusty and look bad under the eyes - I have tried both sides of the compact and very quickly forget which side had what coverage. I am giving it 2 stars because it never made me break out , even applying to to zits and it may be good for girls with oily skin because it will not slide around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2005 12:55:00 AM More reviews by pseudokool

Is this worthy of HG status? So far I have to say it is. I'm always buying concealers and I was sorely disappointed with them all. Px, Estee Lauder, Benefit (& alotta crap that I have but havent reviewed yet)- tried all the ones that claim to cover up the punched out eyes. *sigh* I never thought that I'd find the perfect one. Until I tried Becca. Its like dating a bunch of chumps who fail to deliver- then you finally find the One! This compact is a little round compact with two formulations in two pans, side by side. The left is heavy-duty to cover up blemishes, and the right is medium for undereye. The only thing I didn't like about the compact is the plastic sheet that covers up the pans gets stuck all of the time. I find that a TINY dab of the heavy duty actully covers up my punched out eyes so well! It is on the dry side, but creamier formulas don't cover up my punched out eyes worth crap. The color is a perfect match, and in conjunction with Becca's LSC, my skin looks pretty darn nice. My bf bought it for me cause I kept telling him how I wanted to try Becca's concealer, so when we went on vacation he got me the concealer (Caramel), while I bought the foundation. Its pricey for a concealer (around $38) but it actually covers up the punchies! Another product from Becca that I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by shumster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a pretty expensive product. But with this concealer, you get what you pay for. 1) A very broad range of colors to fit everyone's skin. 2) Two different types of concealers. I use the one on the right for my eyes, the left for blemishes. 3) Good long wear, i don't need to touch up 4) A compact with some substance- doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart and a decent mirror. It hasn't broken me out, isn't noticeable (no caking around the eyes! wow!) and I can apply and forget about it for the rest of the day. This is the first time I've ever been completely happy with a concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl907

I thought this was going to be HG!! Alas, I think this made me breakout. It looks fantastic if you can do the whole becca philosophy of layering products. However, I am more of a dab and run girl and don't care to spend 30 mins in the morning working on my face. So, for just a concealor & loose powder look this just didn't look flawless. I put this in my purse with a little brush for touch ups on the go. Too bad it doesn't come with a little brush in the compact. The color was nice- I am MAC NC20, stila C and used this in banana and it was a great match.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2005 6:36:00 PM More reviews by poprocks86

This concealer does wonders for your face. My blemishes literally disappear after putting this stuff on. I tried it out at Sephora and was sooo excited!! At first I tried Dior's Skinflash because I've heard so many raves about it. Very overrated in my opinion. The product just disappeard on my face. Did absolutely nothing. Becca was superb. I'm a huge Becca fan. And they have soooo many color choices. Too bad it can't be like $10 cheaper =( I got this on in Mallow for my Asian, olive toned skin. Blended PERFECTLY!!! I have Olive in LSC and Wheat in Fine Loose and Pressed Powder. MAC NC40. Hope that helps! ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2005 5:00:00 AM More reviews by pooja323

the search for the most perfect concealer ends here. at least for me it does. BCC when used & blended with the becca eye cream # 31 brush provides a seamless stay put coverage that is short of miraculous. i swear... it REALLY does cover completely. the left side of the compact is for heavier coverage like dark circles, zits, moles, ect. the right side is medium coverage & i use that for broken capilaries and eye shadow base. depending on what condition my skin is... i just mostly use concealer for my dark circles.

its pricey but oh so worth it. another thing is people have to get into the habbit of using a concealer brush (which kind of has the same texture as a lip brush) to apply concealer seamlessly. sponges end up packing on more pigment thn needed thus making you too 'made up'. i learned this the hard way. i have every brush imaginable but i refused to buy a foundation and concealer brush & wondered why everytime i caught a reflection of myself in the daytime, i looked like i had makeup on. trust me... buy a brush. you'll thank me for it later.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2005 5:09:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best range of colours, hands down. I'm DDD/NC50 and use treacle, and love the idea of 2 coverge options in one compact. However, the compact hinge always breaks before I'm done with it, and I'm bitterly disappointed that Becca is no longer available in Singapore. I order online from the Becca site (the shipping charges are outrageous!). Still - until I can find another concealor to match for my skintone, I'm stuck with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2005 6:33:00 AM More reviews by NorthernStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the product that made me believe in concealers. Before this item I didn't actually believe that they could be 'concealed', rather just 'toned down'.

Upon using this item for the first time I couldn't believe the difference, I literally couldn't see the blemishes and other things I was trying to conceal and the colour range it amazing.

I would definitely purchase again (and that it saying a lot, usually I'm a 'next big thing' type girl)