Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 4/3/2010 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The only concealer that conceals my dark circles! =) Unfortunately, my shade isn't available. =(
I have medium Asian skin with WARM/NEUTRAL undertones. So what I do is I go over my dark circles with this and then I use Almay's sheer concealer in medium, which matches my skin tone perfectly, over it. And whoo-hoo! Dark circles concealed for the rest of the day. It's still pretty time-consuming and I really don't like how I have to use two products so I'm still looking for my HG concealer.
Pros:
- Lasts all day
- Buildable
- Opaque
Cons:
- Doesn't match my skintone!! =( It's way too pink-y for me. If you have pink undertones, this is the concealer for you!
EDIT (May 2010): Ever since discovering Revlon's Age Defying Concealer, I no longer use this as a concealer. Instead, I use it as a highlighter since it doesn't match my skin tone. I spread a bit in my cupid's bow, along the tops of my cheeks, under my brows, and in the inner corners of my eyes. It's also matte, which is not really what I'd like a highlighter to be, so on top of it I use Boots No7 Beauty Fluid, which is too shimmery to be a highlighter. Together, they give me the highlightened look I want without having to throw out any products. :)

on 4/1/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

You can get this concealer for less than $10.it's so great I usally go for a sephora
concealer...but now I know then don't work so well on my
combo skin.I bought this in a hurry on my way to a Xmas party for work and wow I love this stuff since then I bought like 10(just to make sure I don't run out.but I'm on my second one.)

I think this product is great for all skin types even oily!try it out!!!!

UPDATE:
I find that if you rub your finger on the concealer then apply the concealer with your finger you can get better coverage !

on 3/31/2010 2:47:00 PM

This review is for the neutralizer.

I have red hair, fair skin with freckles.

I picked this up on a whim cause the Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer i was using as concealer was breaking me out. I choose this one due to the ingredients and because I needed a cheap concealer. Generally I do not buy drugstore concealer because the color ranges just don't work for me.

For my fair skin, this seems to be perfect. It does help to neutralize my spots and dark circles. It does leave the areas a bit lighter in color than the rest of my skin, but this works just fine for under my eyes - it brightens them and makes me look not quite as tired. This is not a long lasting formula. If you touch or wipe the area, it will "disappear". It's creamy enough to blend once it's warmed to your skin. I apply it under my Bare Escentuals mineral foundation.

Edited - After I wrote this review, I became more critical of this. On occasion, I use primer. This concealer just slides off my skin if I use a primer. It is creamy. It does blend well. It does cover somewhat on me. But it's just meh. There's no wow factor to it. And I am beginning to notice that it's not covering my dark circles all that well anymore. So I had to downgrade my review.

on 3/13/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I found that this concealer ran out REALLY fast and the coverage just wasn't there. I would apply this under my nose area and when I can home, there was literally only an obvious streak left under my nose. I found this really sparkly and all my friends noticed. It did not last throughout my school hours and the cap and tube became dirty VERY quickly, I treat my products with the greatest care, yet this always seems to get dirty. It's just not a very good product at all. It didn't damage my skin or anything but I just wish there was more that came from this product. Will never repurchase,

on 3/10/2010 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not overly impressed. I bought this because the ingredient list is so simple, hoping that nothing in it would break me out. I only used this to conceal break outs, I did not use it as an under eye concealer because it is thick. I can’t imagine it would be ideal for under eyes.

PROS: (1) go on smooth. (2) does not break me out, or cause irritation (stays in place)

CONS: (1) oxidizes. I bought mine in ‘fair’ for the winter, where ever I applied it, it turned orangy yellow. Yuck. (2) Starts to look cakey after about an hour.

I give this product a 2 because I believe a product should ‘conceal’ not bring attention by changing colors drawing awareness to everything you want to camouflage.
Happy Shopping.

on 3/1/2010 8:00:00 PM

I think I'll stick to Maybelline's Cover stick. It WORKED, though it was a bit thick and heavy, it covered EVERYTHING! This concealer is okay for slight dark circles and redness. It does NOT cover anything else! I have slight acne on my chin right now(hormones!)and I had to apply this over and over, and yet it still does not cover! I like the texture and how this has no smell, but it really doesn't do the job that well, even though it does glide on smoothly. My shade:Fair. Also, by the end of the day, I had it in the creases around the eye area(so I imagine this is better suited for normal/dry skin). I even used it as a foundation and it covered well(and my skin looked smooth and bright), but my skin was SO greasy! For slight flaws, this works well. However, traveling with it is a NO-NO! I kept mine in my purse and it melted!

on 2/27/2010 10:48:00 PM

I'm kinda sitting on the edge for this product. It goes on really smooth and i really do like it,however, it seems to make wherever i put it more oily and it makes my face look a little cakey.

on 2/21/2010 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not a horrible concealer, but really not good enough. Not very highly pigmented, so it doesnt really cover up much. It also gets pretty cakey when put on your dark circles,

on 2/20/2010 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I had never bought this before and had always passed by it thinking it wouldn't do anything for me. But I've been in the market for a new and better preferably more affordable concealer and thought why not I'll give it a shot ( before this I was using Maybelline 24hr Superstay concealer in deep beige which was okay but the sponge-like wand applicator got on my nerves after a while-the coverage and consistency were good but the price was a bit steep considering you can't even get all the product out of the stupid container they put it in). Well I'm glad I did because its perfect (and I don't use that word lightly) for me. I got this in medium and the consistency is creamy smooth and application is so easy.I do use this over a primer and staying power is surprisingly good. I just love the coverage it gives over my flaws. Truly love the way it makes my skin look. Over this I use CG tinted moisturizer. I highly recommend both of these.

on 2/6/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an okay concealer. But the packaging is annoying, stick concealers are a pain to use. Liquids are much easier and look more even and blend better!

Video Reviews & Tutorials