Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 3/13/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I found that this concealer ran out REALLY fast and the coverage just wasn't there. I would apply this under my nose area and when I can home, there was literally only an obvious streak left under my nose. I found this really sparkly and all my friends noticed. It did not last throughout my school hours and the cap and tube became dirty VERY quickly, I treat my products with the greatest care, yet this always seems to get dirty. It's just not a very good product at all. It didn't damage my skin or anything but I just wish there was more that came from this product. Will never repurchase,

on 3/10/2010 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not overly impressed. I bought this because the ingredient list is so simple, hoping that nothing in it would break me out. I only used this to conceal break outs, I did not use it as an under eye concealer because it is thick. I can’t imagine it would be ideal for under eyes.

PROS: (1) go on smooth. (2) does not break me out, or cause irritation (stays in place)

CONS: (1) oxidizes. I bought mine in ‘fair’ for the winter, where ever I applied it, it turned orangy yellow. Yuck. (2) Starts to look cakey after about an hour.

I give this product a 2 because I believe a product should ‘conceal’ not bring attention by changing colors drawing awareness to everything you want to camouflage.
Happy Shopping.

on 3/1/2010 8:00:00 PM

I think I'll stick to Maybelline's Cover stick. It WORKED, though it was a bit thick and heavy, it covered EVERYTHING! This concealer is okay for slight dark circles and redness. It does NOT cover anything else! I have slight acne on my chin right now(hormones!)and I had to apply this over and over, and yet it still does not cover! I like the texture and how this has no smell, but it really doesn't do the job that well, even though it does glide on smoothly. My shade:Fair. Also, by the end of the day, I had it in the creases around the eye area(so I imagine this is better suited for normal/dry skin). I even used it as a foundation and it covered well(and my skin looked smooth and bright), but my skin was SO greasy! For slight flaws, this works well. However, traveling with it is a NO-NO! I kept mine in my purse and it melted!

on 2/27/2010 10:48:00 PM

I'm kinda sitting on the edge for this product. It goes on really smooth and i really do like it,however, it seems to make wherever i put it more oily and it makes my face look a little cakey.

on 2/21/2010 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not a horrible concealer, but really not good enough. Not very highly pigmented, so it doesnt really cover up much. It also gets pretty cakey when put on your dark circles,

on 2/20/2010 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I had never bought this before and had always passed by it thinking it wouldn't do anything for me. But I've been in the market for a new and better preferably more affordable concealer and thought why not I'll give it a shot ( before this I was using Maybelline 24hr Superstay concealer in deep beige which was okay but the sponge-like wand applicator got on my nerves after a while-the coverage and consistency were good but the price was a bit steep considering you can't even get all the product out of the stupid container they put it in). Well I'm glad I did because its perfect (and I don't use that word lightly) for me. I got this in medium and the consistency is creamy smooth and application is so easy.I do use this over a primer and staying power is surprisingly good. I just love the coverage it gives over my flaws. Truly love the way it makes my skin look. Over this I use CG tinted moisturizer. I highly recommend both of these.

on 2/6/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an okay concealer. But the packaging is annoying, stick concealers are a pain to use. Liquids are much easier and look more even and blend better!

on 1/13/2010 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this in "Neutralizer" and LOVE it. So smooth. I have very dry flaky skin and this really helps conceal & keep moist and smooth. Will def. purchase again. Cheap for such a good concealer.

on 1/1/2010 8:11:00 PM

I am so surprised at all the good reviews I'm seeing for this product. In my opinion, you get what you pay for. I was pleased when I so easily found a match for my fair skin, until I got home, tried it on, a attempted to blend it. Disastor struck. I was so disappointed, and am ashamed of the $7.00 that I will never get back. When I tried to blend it, it practically rolled off. It was like my finger just erased it off, even with the slightest pressure. I will not be buying this again.

on 12/30/2009 4:09:00 PM

this is a good concealer :)
it's easy to blend, and comes in good colors
but, like w/ all concealers make sure you do this in good light :D

Video Reviews & Tutorials