November 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think I'll stick to Maybelline's Cover stick. It WORKED, though it was a bit thick and heavy, it covered EVERYTHING! This concealer is okay for slight dark circles and redness. It does NOT cover anything else! I have slight acne on my chin right now(hormones!)and I had to apply this over and over, and yet it still does not cover! I like the texture and how this has no smell, but it really doesn't do the job that well, even though it does glide on smoothly. My shade:Fair. Also, by the end of the day, I had it in the creases around the eye area(so I imagine this is better suited for normal/dry skin). I even used it as a foundation and it covered well(and my skin looked smooth and bright), but my skin was SO greasy! For slight flaws, this works well. However, traveling with it is a NO-NO! I kept mine in my purse and it melted!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Markuslee16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm kinda sitting on the edge for this product. It goes on really smooth and i really do like it,however, it seems to make wherever i put it more oily and it makes my face look a little cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by pinkrose838

Not a horrible concealer, but really not good enough. Not very highly pigmented, so it doesnt really cover up much. It also gets pretty cakey when put on your dark circles,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by htebazile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I had never bought this before and had always passed by it thinking it wouldn't do anything for me. But I've been in the market for a new and better preferably more affordable concealer and thought why not I'll give it a shot ( before this I was using Maybelline 24hr Superstay concealer in deep beige which was okay but the sponge-like wand applicator got on my nerves after a while-the coverage and consistency were good but the price was a bit steep considering you can't even get all the product out of the stupid container they put it in). Well I'm glad I did because its perfect (and I don't use that word lightly) for me. I got this in medium and the consistency is creamy smooth and application is so easy.I do use this over a primer and staying power is surprisingly good. I just love the coverage it gives over my flaws. Truly love the way it makes my skin look. Over this I use CG tinted moisturizer. I highly recommend both of these.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an okay concealer. But the packaging is annoying, stick concealers are a pain to use. Liquids are much easier and look more even and blend better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this in "Neutralizer" and LOVE it. So smooth. I have very dry flaky skin and this really helps conceal & keep moist and smooth. Will def. purchase again. Cheap for such a good concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by 1994missE

I am so surprised at all the good reviews I'm seeing for this product. In my opinion, you get what you pay for. I was pleased when I so easily found a match for my fair skin, until I got home, tried it on, a attempted to blend it. Disastor struck. I was so disappointed, and am ashamed of the $7.00 that I will never get back. When I tried to blend it, it practically rolled off. It was like my finger just erased it off, even with the slightest pressure. I will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by elektrikal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a good concealer :)
it's easy to blend, and comes in good colors
but, like w/ all concealers make sure you do this in good light :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by hairfitness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for years and I can't believe I never reviewed this. I have used this through many liquid foundations, MMU's, TM's and even a "no foundation" phase. This stuff is awesome. It's the only concealer that I can use under my eyes. It's smooth, doesn't drag my skin. I can use either my finger to dab, the actual stick, or even a brush should I choose to apply it this way.

My only complaint is that once you get half way down the stick (where it meets the tube) you cannot get the last bit out without digging it out. I have like 3 of these around the house for if I run out. I considered digging them all out and putting the leftovers in a tin or pot or something. But the price is right so it's not too big a deal. For reference, I use the "neutralizer" shade which covers my rosacea and spots wonderfully. Then I use CG smoothers foundation. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by QueenLeilani

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first heard about this product after watching a review from YouTube guru "Ginabinawina99" (link to her video review below)

I have gone through tons of different concealers...but I have to say that this is my absolute favorite! I have already repurchased this product.
************************************************************************
It's very hydrating to the skin and glides on smoothly (hence the name "smoothers"). One of my concerns of concealers is the consistency of the product and how it would glide onto the skin. I didn't want anything that was so thick that it would cause tugging on the skin, causing premature wrinkles. You won't have any of those problems with this concealer.
************************************************************************
The coverage of this product is amazing. It does the job well...and for the inexpensive price, I have absolutely no complaints about it.
Here's a tip:
If you have deep dark circles or blue-ish under eye color...and it seems that no matter what concealer you use, you still get a gray-ish tone showing through the concealer....then I would try this tip. I would suggest dabbing on a tint of orange concealer on the blue under eye circles first, then apply the Covergirl Smoothers ontop of the orange. The combination of the orange along with the Covergirl Smoothers concealer counteracts the blue tones.