October 20, 2014 | 864 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lolaice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although not ideal its the best eyeshadow base for the money and for my NC base skin. I've had mine for 3 months, use it everyday and there's hardy a dent in it. It is highly pigmented so it completely camouflages my natural uneven pigmentation so my eyeshadow colors are true. It does crease after about 6 hours of wear but I usually just pass my finger through it and it blends in so I don't need to use any other base when wearing a neutral look. When I'm in a hurry this and a single color on my lid are the only eye shadows I use. It is difficult to blend when I apply with a heavy hand so be careful. For smoother results use brush but it is not necessary.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't love this product nor do I hate it which si why I gave it 3 lippies. I've used painterly before and that one is more pinkish so it doesn't do my eye lids any favors and I seem to have very pink eye lids to begin with. Soft ochre is more yellow but also slightly lighter. It works better on my eyes, it just needs to be a shade darker and it would be the perfect base. I can't wear it alone because it looks chalky on me I'm NC35-37 in the winter NC40 in the summmer. The formula itself might work better if it didn't dry and set so quickly. You really have to work fast with it or it will just dry up and stay in place. With that said, I have very oily lids, and this does crease on me. I do have to use UDPP under it to get it to stay on without creasing. Which to some people might defeat the purpose of having this.

The packaging to me really sucked. When I had painterly it dried up on me midway through. So when i got soft ochre I scopped out a quarter of it into a sample jar and left the rest in a drawer untouched. This did the trick and it stayed creamy until I was able to use it all up.

I wouldn't buy it again because when I finish this I want to try out some of the newer UDPP shades out. Maybe I will finally have found the perfect base/primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. I used MAC's Bare Canvas eye paint for years as an eye shadow base, but hated the packaging. When the paint pots came out, I first tried Painterly. After I used Painterly up (well, almost used it up..it dried out on me right after I hit the bottom), I found Soft Ochre and will never look back. It's the perfect base color for my warm skin. I use this every single day, alone and under other eye shadow. It makes my eyes look less tired, and evens everything out. It doesn't crease on me, which Bare Canvas sometimes did. Will continue buying this for years.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kricket3142

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i recently received this from a swap and i LOVE it!!! it's very creamy and goes on smoothly and pretty evenly; however, it does set semi fast so you do need to work quickly when putting it on. this paint pot does not crease and is the perfect base color for any shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by xoxo007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this stuff for almost a year and have hardly made a dent in it and it hasn't dried out at all either. Love this stuff, love it. Before this, I used bare canvas paint but I picked this up becasue its so matte and I pretty much put away the bare canvas. It can be a little tricky because it sets fast so if say u stop when ur halfway done putting it on, it'll dry and it can become difficult to pick up where u left off becasue of the consistency so u have to work quickly and thoroughly. You can use your finger to spread it on your eyelid and browbone or a brush. Sometimes I have a hard time with my finger or vice versa so I use either. I put it on from my eyelid to my browbone, since its a skin type color, I dont have to worry about putting too much and just putting an even layer. You dont need a lot and it does an AMAZING job at keeping your eyeshadow in place. If I fall asleep with makeup on, when I wake up, it looks like I just did my makeup. It's great at really caputuring the intensity of your eyeshadows. Some primers or bases can change the color of your eyeshadow or the consistency and finish of your eyeshadow but this stuff truly showcases their vibrancy. I love it. I bought this and blackground... I really think all u need is a nude base and a black base (even tho I have more lol). In the pot, it looks like a concealer but as soon as u put it on, you can really see and feel the difference between this and some of the cheaper brands that can be sticky or greasy like the nyx eyeshadow base (I'm not a brand snob, I'm just a quality snob with certain things lol), greasy bases, if u put them on and dont put ur shadow on right after, they'll tend to crease but not with this. Its completely matte and once it sets, its not sticky at all which is whats kinda weird about it... its just sits on your eyelid without being sticky but it totally grips your eyeshadow once you put it on and lets it go on super smooth and even. I HIGHLY recommend this paint pot and I'll probably always use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by nfernandez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite eyeshadow base! You have to work it in pretty quickly because it sets fast. I it with MUFE Microfinish powder and it stays all day! By setting it I find it way easier to blend eyeshadow instead of it getting to stuck to the base. Kinda pricey but I know it will last me a long time. I've had mine for 2 months and use it everyday and I havent even made a dent in it :) Definately for people with yellow undertones, I think it would look really muddy on someone with pink undertones

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only paint-pod I've needed, it's still moist and I've had it for months. It's the perfect base for my everyday eye, matte and holds that shadow in place all day long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This my FAVORITE base. The main reason being that I'm a MAC C2 which means I'm basically porcelain skined with yellow undertones. This is absolutely perfect for those that are really fair and really warm. If you are cool (pink) Painterly will be a better option for you. You could also always use Soft Ochre to warm up a shadow and Painterly to cool a shadow despite your skintone. Furthermore you can use Soft Ochre to even out and camouflage redness/veining on the lids despite skintone. The only con to this is that for some reason the texture is slightly off compared to Painterly, it is a tiny bit grittier and takes a slight more amount of work...again the color is amazing and blows out any cons there are. I will NEVER stop repurchasing.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by minburke

This is the perfect eyeshadow base. I am dry/combination and it suits my skin perfectly. It doesn't make my lids go cakey at all and my eyeshadow always lasts 14+ hour work days flawlessly with this underneath. Great to cover up dark lids if you want a simple look with liner also.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by chelseyhelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this everyday and I love the yellow undertone because it takes the purpley tone out of my lids and my lower lash line. It makes my shadow stay on ALL day...even on the rare occasion that I sleep with my makeup on, i wake up in the morning and it looks as though I just put it there. It is amazing, best lid primer I have ever used. Love painterly too, but this tone is just better for me.