August 2, 2014 | 978 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Khristine

This review is actually for the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Medium (not Medium Plus)

I have been using this to set my foundation, and also use it alone (on top of concealer).. and it gives my skin a nice natural and flawless finish. for the price it's not that bad and it's easy to use. it's not loose (if it was i think i'd just make a big mess)..

it doesn't oxidize on my skin or make anything dry or cakey. it feels light on my skin. i think the difference between this product and for example a pressed powder/sheer pressed powder is just the way it was made.. or in this case, baked. makes it a lot more natural on the skin.. other products/powders tend to look cakey or just powdery feeling to it..

so i really do like this product.. only downfall for me maybe because i'm just oily, but the lasting power isn't as good as i'd like - but nonetheless couldn't see myself without this product! :) love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I like this product... it looks so plain in the packaging but really gives the "skin finish." It does not look like powder sitting on the skin. There's no shimmer so it can be used all over the face. I have this product in "Medium Dark" or something like that, and I use it over my sunscreen. It doesn't have much coverage, but it's not meant to. I use it to set my makeup if I'm wearing a liquid foundation (which is rare) or to give myself a teensy tiny bit of coverage to even my skin tone out. It hasn't broken me out and I have quite sensitive skin. I wouldn't recommend buying this if the price is too steep... I happened to have a gift card so I didn't have to break the bank. Overall I like the finish this product gives my skin. I would probably purchase it again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by apk2

I was really skeptical about this product when I saw it cause I haven't had much luck with mineralized foundations but I saw all the raves on this on youtube so I decided to go the the mac counter and take a look. I talk to one of the girls there a lot cause I go there so often we've gotten to really know each other and she told me that this product is amazing and is one of the products that don't break her out. So I told her I wanted to try it and she recommended medium plus for me. When I swatched it, it felt kind of chalky and I thought it'd be cakey on my face. But MAC has an amazing return policy so I went ahead and got it. I put it on top of a tinted moisturizer and It gives the most natural finish ever! It's not powdery or anything and kind of mimics the skin's texture. I really like it and I don't use a lot of it at once so I know it'll most likely last me for quite a while. Hopefully I can still use this colour in the winter time when I'm not so tanned.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Swoop

A mua recommended this to me and I was a bit scared that this would be a bit dark on me. But when she applied it, it was really great, it has such a pretty natural finish and the colour is perfect, really really perfect!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by halloweenhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

after reading all these great reviews i bought this in january? i was so excited to use it. but then when i DID use it, it broke me out really badly. unfortunately i do not reccomend this for sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by LuvRin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got this in medium dark and I find it's a bit too dark for my nc40 skin. It looks ok over liquid foundation or alone but I find I look a bit greasy after a few hours and need to blot heaps. I don't wear this too often as the colour is not quite right for me but I will try to use it up. Maybe in summer I'll get more use out of it. It's an ok product for me, nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product because it is build able, so you can wear it alone as a foundation or as a setting powder. I found that this is easiest applied with a kabuki if you want a build able finish. This was a really expensive compact, but I think It's worth it. The mineralized products have a lot of fall-out, but I haven't had any caking problems. I also have acne prone skin, and this product hasn't harmed my skin at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wore this alone and it's way too light for my nc35 skintone. Its looks quite powdery. I sometimes use it to set my foundation, but I just don't like the way it looks. I also think this breaks me out since I had bumps after using it and since I stopped using it, my skin is better. I have a lot of product left. I wish I had the box so I could exchange for something else. I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have acne prone skin and i'm nc30 and i find medium plus has a bit of pink undertone in it and medium is a bit light for me. however this provide light-medium coverage, sometimes i wear it by itself if i have a lazy day or any other day.. i wished there were more color selection

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was just alright with me, this is one of those hit and miss deal again for me and to me, it was not rockin' it, I do not want a full coverage, but i was expecting a light glow or some extra shimmer. this product did not do that for me, well, i will still use it because it doesn't make me break out so, i will give this a few more weeks and see if it will change my mind.