January 31, 2015 | 1897 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a bathroom staple. I like it as a body moisturizer applied right out of the shower and as makeup remover. I usually soak some up with a cotton pad and hold over my eyes to dissolve, then a few swipes. Then follow with Clinique 3 step routine. I wouldn't risk using it as a face moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually use this differently than most people - I use mine to shave with. I take a shower and always let my body get steamed enough so it is easy to shave. I drizzle a little in my hand and then I just rub it into my skin. It locks in moisture and gives a nice smooth surface to shave on. I can use it on my arms and legs and I never get a cut. It does such a good job of keeping my skin smooth and soft that I never have to apply lotion afterward. It might be different in the winter, but through most of the year I do not need too. Because I apply it when I am still wet it locks in the moisture without leaving me with a greasy feeling. It is also much cheaper and take the place of two products : shave cream and body lotion. Such a great product and I always have it in the house.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Make up remove on a budget. One bottle of this will effectively remove even the toughest eye make up for months and months. I typically prefer Clinique make up remover because it's equally as effective and less oily, but it doesn't last nearly as long and it is triple the price. Like I already said, the only con is that it is (obviously), oily, and if you wear contact lenses, it can get on them and that can be annoying :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by gotdramma

I use this to remove my eye makeup prior to using my face wash and sometime after if there is some makeup left. Works better than ANY eye makeup remover I have ever tried, and is cheaper, and does not sting if it gets in your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this between showering and toweling, and it works! I have really soft skin and it's dirt cheap! I use the non-scented one (so that it doesn't clash with my fragrance).
EDIT: oops! I use Natusan baby oil, not J&J... Well it's probably about the same...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a super effective makeup/sunscreen remover. I wouldn't be able to wear Japanese waterproof sunscreen without it! It dissolves everything. Currently my routine is to massage a little on to my face and tissue it off. Then I take a cotton pad, put a few drops of baby oil on it, and wipe my face again. I use a baby wipe to help get most of the oil off before I use my cleanser.

It melts everything off so effectively that I can't imagine using anything else. It's my greasy godsend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by evelynhg1107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Before I read the reviews, I used the oil like I would with any other lotion. It didn't absorb, it was greasy and it got everywhere. For a minute, I thought the product was overrated. Then I read the reviews and realized that I made a mistake and that it should be used after shower, before toweling. I used that method on my face just to test it out and my face was incredibly smooth after I wiped the oil off with a hot towel. I applied Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel to secure the moisture and my face felt great! I paid $7 CAD for 414ml. I'm going to be using this after shower everyday from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Terick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been using jojoba oil to remove my make-up but it's a little pricey. I read the reviews here on MUA and decided to try this baby oil as a cheaper alternative. I had been using it for about a week and noticed a rash-like break-out over my entire face. My sister-in-law kept asking if I was using a new detergent or something but it didn't even register that it might be this baby oil...until I went home and was going to clean off my make-up with it. I then realized it must be the baby oil making me break-out.

It took about four days of not using it and my face is almost back to normal with the rash pretty much all gone! I actually realized I don't need any oil to remove my make-up and just make sure I cleanse thoroughly with my regular face wash! Annoying lesson to learn but it appears to work really well for some...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

I use this every day - except I buy the generic mineral oil so I don't get that baby oil scent.

I mix about two quarters worth with my daily moisturizer and slather it on while my skin is still damp and it gives me soft velvety skin - plus it prolongs the life of my moisturizer because I don't need to use as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as makeup remover because I tend to be ridiculously allergic to most of them. This works well and because it's for babies it's nice, gentle and doesn't sting my eyes. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell! Eww! Also, it leaves an oily residue which feels weird on the skin and eyes but I might have put too much on the cotton pad.
- I've read through the reviews though and will definitely be finding more uses for it!

.:.EDIT.:. I've just used this on my body and LOVE it, my skin is amazingly soft. Will definitely be buying more! Also, I find it better than using moisturiser because moisturiser usually takes forever to rub in and I hate that! With the baby oil, it's very, very quick.