October 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this between showering and toweling, and it works! I have really soft skin and it's dirt cheap! I use the non-scented one (so that it doesn't clash with my fragrance).
EDIT: oops! I use Natusan baby oil, not J&J... Well it's probably about the same...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a super effective makeup/sunscreen remover. I wouldn't be able to wear Japanese waterproof sunscreen without it! It dissolves everything. Currently my routine is to massage a little on to my face and tissue it off. Then I take a cotton pad, put a few drops of baby oil on it, and wipe my face again. I use a baby wipe to help get most of the oil off before I use my cleanser.

It melts everything off so effectively that I can't imagine using anything else. It's my greasy godsend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by evelynhg1107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Before I read the reviews, I used the oil like I would with any other lotion. It didn't absorb, it was greasy and it got everywhere. For a minute, I thought the product was overrated. Then I read the reviews and realized that I made a mistake and that it should be used after shower, before toweling. I used that method on my face just to test it out and my face was incredibly smooth after I wiped the oil off with a hot towel. I applied Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel to secure the moisture and my face felt great! I paid $7 CAD for 414ml. I'm going to be using this after shower everyday from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Terick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been using jojoba oil to remove my make-up but it's a little pricey. I read the reviews here on MUA and decided to try this baby oil as a cheaper alternative. I had been using it for about a week and noticed a rash-like break-out over my entire face. My sister-in-law kept asking if I was using a new detergent or something but it didn't even register that it might be this baby oil...until I went home and was going to clean off my make-up with it. I then realized it must be the baby oil making me break-out.

It took about four days of not using it and my face is almost back to normal with the rash pretty much all gone! I actually realized I don't need any oil to remove my make-up and just make sure I cleanse thoroughly with my regular face wash! Annoying lesson to learn but it appears to work really well for some...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

I use this every day - except I buy the generic mineral oil so I don't get that baby oil scent.

I mix about two quarters worth with my daily moisturizer and slather it on while my skin is still damp and it gives me soft velvety skin - plus it prolongs the life of my moisturizer because I don't need to use as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as makeup remover because I tend to be ridiculously allergic to most of them. This works well and because it's for babies it's nice, gentle and doesn't sting my eyes. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell! Eww! Also, it leaves an oily residue which feels weird on the skin and eyes but I might have put too much on the cotton pad.
- I've read through the reviews though and will definitely be finding more uses for it!

.:.EDIT.:. I've just used this on my body and LOVE it, my skin is amazingly soft. Will definitely be buying more! Also, I find it better than using moisturiser because moisturiser usually takes forever to rub in and I hate that! With the baby oil, it's very, very quick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I feel like a complete dumbass for not realizing all the potential uses of baby oil sooner. I use this for several things:

1) Body moisturizer - after I get out the shower while my body's still wet, I slather this on all over, leave it for a minute or two, then towel dry. Instantly baby soft skin

2) Bath cream - is that the right name? Anyway, I pour a capful into my bath and it leaves me feeling so silky soft and smooth when I get out.

3) Eye makeup remover - I've spent so much in the past on oil based eye makeup removers it's not even funny...this does the exact same job for a fraction of the price! I wet my eyes with water first, then soak a cotton ball with baby oil and proceed to take my eye makeup off. It gets rid of eyeliner/mascara/eye shadow/primer...everything. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive eyes either.

I get a 500ml bottle for 0.75!!! Ridiculously cheap. Downside is that it can be a little messy but what the heck...nothing's perfect ;)

NOTE: I did try this as a pre-cleanser for about 4 days before following up with my regular cleanser...but oh lordy, it broke me out in cystic pimples all over my cheeks/chin, so I won't be putting it near my face again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There are so many uses for this oil, but I mainly use it to remove stubborn eye makeup and the occasional false lashes. I also use it in the winter on my legs, which for some reason get freakishly dry. Cheap and effective, I have and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Jazcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for body moisturizer. I slather it on after the shower but before towelling dry. I find that rubbing it in while my skin is wet works better as its the perfect mix of water and oil. I find it too greasy if i dry off and then apply. Also in the winter, it keeps me nice and warm after i get out of the shower.

I have very dry skin and other moisturizers feel oily plus they have too much fragrance in them.

I did hear someone say on youtube that the mineral oil molecules are too big to be absorbed right into the pores so it doesn't cause break-outs by clogging pores. Not sure if this is true but I don't have break outs on my body.

Cannot live without J&J baby oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by cinnamin2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i must profess my love for baby oil. i use it as a makeup remover and as a prewash for my brushes and i just used it to clean my bare escentuals carry as you go compact. the sifter top was filled with b.e. and i unwisely decide to soak it in water to remover the product. big no no- it just clumped up the powder in between the two sifters. i decided to use baby oil and it remove the product completely ♥