August 1, 2014 | 1180 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Terick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been using jojoba oil to remove my make-up but it's a little pricey. I read the reviews here on MUA and decided to try this baby oil as a cheaper alternative. I had been using it for about a week and noticed a rash-like break-out over my entire face. My sister-in-law kept asking if I was using a new detergent or something but it didn't even register that it might be this baby oil...until I went home and was going to clean off my make-up with it. I then realized it must be the baby oil making me break-out.

It took about four days of not using it and my face is almost back to normal with the rash pretty much all gone! I actually realized I don't need any oil to remove my make-up and just make sure I cleanse thoroughly with my regular face wash! Annoying lesson to learn but it appears to work really well for some...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

I use this every day - except I buy the generic mineral oil so I don't get that baby oil scent.

I mix about two quarters worth with my daily moisturizer and slather it on while my skin is still damp and it gives me soft velvety skin - plus it prolongs the life of my moisturizer because I don't need to use as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as makeup remover because I tend to be ridiculously allergic to most of them. This works well and because it's for babies it's nice, gentle and doesn't sting my eyes. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell! Eww! Also, it leaves an oily residue which feels weird on the skin and eyes but I might have put too much on the cotton pad.
- I've read through the reviews though and will definitely be finding more uses for it!

.:.EDIT.:. I've just used this on my body and LOVE it, my skin is amazingly soft. Will definitely be buying more! Also, I find it better than using moisturiser because moisturiser usually takes forever to rub in and I hate that! With the baby oil, it's very, very quick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I feel like a complete dumbass for not realizing all the potential uses of baby oil sooner. I use this for several things:

1) Body moisturizer - after I get out the shower while my body's still wet, I slather this on all over, leave it for a minute or two, then towel dry. Instantly baby soft skin

2) Bath cream - is that the right name? Anyway, I pour a capful into my bath and it leaves me feeling so silky soft and smooth when I get out.

3) Eye makeup remover - I've spent so much in the past on oil based eye makeup removers it's not even funny...this does the exact same job for a fraction of the price! I wet my eyes with water first, then soak a cotton ball with baby oil and proceed to take my eye makeup off. It gets rid of eyeliner/mascara/eye shadow/primer...everything. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive eyes either.

I get a 500ml bottle for 0.75!!! Ridiculously cheap. Downside is that it can be a little messy but what the heck...nothing's perfect ;)

NOTE: I did try this as a pre-cleanser for about 4 days before following up with my regular cleanser...but oh lordy, it broke me out in cystic pimples all over my cheeks/chin, so I won't be putting it near my face again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There are so many uses for this oil, but I mainly use it to remove stubborn eye makeup and the occasional false lashes. I also use it in the winter on my legs, which for some reason get freakishly dry. Cheap and effective, I have and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Jazcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for body moisturizer. I slather it on after the shower but before towelling dry. I find that rubbing it in while my skin is wet works better as its the perfect mix of water and oil. I find it too greasy if i dry off and then apply. Also in the winter, it keeps me nice and warm after i get out of the shower.

I have very dry skin and other moisturizers feel oily plus they have too much fragrance in them.

I did hear someone say on youtube that the mineral oil molecules are too big to be absorbed right into the pores so it doesn't cause break-outs by clogging pores. Not sure if this is true but I don't have break outs on my body.

Cannot live without J&J baby oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by cinnamin2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i must profess my love for baby oil. i use it as a makeup remover and as a prewash for my brushes and i just used it to clean my bare escentuals carry as you go compact. the sifter top was filled with b.e. and i unwisely decide to soak it in water to remover the product. big no no- it just clumped up the powder in between the two sifters. i decided to use baby oil and it remove the product completely ♥

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best eye makeup remover EVER. Not only does it take off waterproof mascara & eyeliner off with ease I believe it also nourished my eyelashes and which helped them grow longer. The only down side I have for it is that it made my eyelids oilier than they already are, but it's a little price to pay for everything else it does. Of course after I use it as a remover I was my face and focus plenty my eye area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used to use Clarins Sensitive Skin cream and their Hydra Quench for my face and neck only to find out mineral oil is the second ingredient in them (after water). Why am I spending 50+$ for an ounce or so when I get 6 oz for $3? In these economic times I switched and am so glad I did.....no breakouts and baby soft skin. Paula Begouin cites research showing it to be the best for sensitive skin. Bingo! I fit that criteria. Glad I switched. I use the Lavender one on my body.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this as an eye makeup remover for a few years now and besides the fact that it's an oil (sucks for touch ups during the day), it's HG status. One 14 fl oz. bottle costs about $3-4, even with daily use, it lasts me about a year. Baby oil can be a bit messy at times but it's a time saver for me. Just a couple of drops onto a cotton ball and it removes all my waterproof eye makeup. I take showers @ night so I do wash off the oily residue in the shower, haven't had any problems with clogged pores or breakouts near my eyes.