Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 11/17/2010 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love love LOOOOVE using baby oil as a body moisturizer. However, I never use it by itself, because if do then it tends to feel a little greasy and sticky on me after a while. When I first used it, I just slathered a whole bunch on after my shower and couldn't understand why I felt like an oil slick. I got smart after a while and figured out a better way to use it. (I normally only use this on my legs after a shower when I've shaved, but this is wonderful on the rest of the body, too). I use the tiniest bit to rub onto my legs (an amount I'd say about the size of a nickel or quarter, user's preference) and afterward I use a regular body lotion right on top of it. No greasy feeling, no stickiness or slippery-ness, and my skin is incredibly soft. It also makes your skin look very healthy and very glowy. This is a staple in my bathroom especially in the winter months and I hope everyone who uses it (and finds a way to use it correctly for their body type) can enjoy it as much as I do!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am in looooove with this product. I slather some on as soon as I step out of the shower after I have shaved and when my legs are still wet. I also use it on my whole body (stomach, breasts, arms, elbows, feet). I get told by everyone that my skin is 'smooth as a baby's butt.' When you first begin to use this you don't have to wait to see results. It moisturizes immediately. My skin looks the best it ever has. Sometimes I pour some of this on my skin then pump Body Drench Original lotion in my hands and rub in. Only complaint? The packaging. If I have a pump bottle on hand I'll transfer the oil to the pump bottle. Much easier to use and harder to spill.

on 11/2/2010 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

i use this after shower with my skin still wet and it works wonders! super soft skin!

on 10/23/2010 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I don't feel very comfortable applying body lotions and creams on my body but I need to moisturize after I take a shower. I use it on wet skin (neck to toes) and it keeps my skin very well hydrated with no greasiness at all!! In the winter time I have a bottle next to my hand soap and I use two drops on wet hands every time I wash them.

I used this years ago as a makeup remover and although it works perfectly to remove any trace of makeup it left my skin very greasy with the product just sitting on top without absorbing. Even if I used a regular cleanser afterwards I could feel there was a residue. Eventually it broke me out terribly. :( I also tried using it for shaving my legs, and besides resulting in very greasy/shiny skin it also encouraged ingrown hairs, which I never had before.

This "baby oil" consists mainly of mineral oil/liquid petroleum which is a by product of petroleum through destination of petroleum to produce gasoline from crude oil. But worst of all, Johnson& Johnson still performs animal testing and is not the kind of company I want to support anymore.

I have since long ago switched to extra virgin olive oil and almond oil for body- which when applied on wet skin straight in the shower absorb wonderfully, make my skin so soft and are 100% natural/botanical oils. For my face I now use pure oils such as grapeseed (when I want lighter oil), almond and rosehip (for a richer moisturizer) among many others.

If you find that baby oil/mineral oil doesn't work for you then please try some plant oils, and read reviews on MUA to see what would work for your skin type.

For a plant-based all natural baby oil for your baby or you I recommend Weleda's Calendula Oil. Another awesome body oil to use after shower.

on 9/5/2010 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this as eye make-up remover. Its cheap and removes waterproof mascara very well. There is no need to buy expensive eye makeup remover. Heck, you don't have to buy the Johnson and Johnson baby oil. The generic baby oils are the same.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like to use this after I shower. It leaves me with silky smooth skin. I also like it to moisturize my cuticles. I'd like it more if it were fragrance free though. I don't like the smell of it.

Google "Uses fo baby oil" or "Uses for mineral oil". You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Mineral oil is called:
DEOBASE; HEAVY MINERAL OIL; LIGHT MINERAL OIL; LIQUID PARAFFIN; LIQUID PETROLATUM; PARAFFIN OIL; PARAFFIN OILS; PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM; PROLATUM OIL; WHITE MINERAL OIL, PETROLEUM; PETROLEUM WHITE MINERAL OIL

on 8/18/2010 12:53:00 PM

Best stuff ever for my skin head to toe. I rub this stuff on myself after I shower & pat dry & I'm left with beautiful soft skin & a lovely smell :)

on 8/8/2010 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a bathroom staple. I like it as a body moisturizer applied right out of the shower and as makeup remover. I usually soak some up with a cotton pad and hold over my eyes to dissolve, then a few swipes. Then follow with Clinique 3 step routine. I wouldn't risk using it as a face moisturizer.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I actually use this differently than most people - I use mine to shave with. I take a shower and always let my body get steamed enough so it is easy to shave. I drizzle a little in my hand and then I just rub it into my skin. It locks in moisture and gives a nice smooth surface to shave on. I can use it on my arms and legs and I never get a cut. It does such a good job of keeping my skin smooth and soft that I never have to apply lotion afterward. It might be different in the winter, but through most of the year I do not need too. Because I apply it when I am still wet it locks in the moisture without leaving me with a greasy feeling. It is also much cheaper and take the place of two products : shave cream and body lotion. Such a great product and I always have it in the house.

Popular Body Skincare Products